Subforum for clans?

wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
Hi everybody!

Are there clans currently playing even though it's beta? If there is, can we get a clan recruitment/matchfinding subforum? Or is there another site/irc where you can get in contact with other clans? Seeing as this game just keeps getting better and better, I can't help resist the urge to start playing competitivly again and I would really appreciate any help to get in contact with clans.

Also, I don't know where I heard this, but the game is supposed to release some time this summer, right? It would be really cool if we could arrange some kind of "King of the beta" tournament, which we could use to really promote this game. Casting it on twitch, spreading hashtags on twitter and all that good stuff.

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    The closest we have is the team list on NS2HD.com (http://www.ns2hd.com/p/teams-index.html). In general, competitive scrims in the beta are generally organized individually or by making a post on a clan's forum. I imagine there will be a tournament either right before or just after the v1.0 release.
  • Gravity GraveGravity Grave California Join Date: 2012-03-10 Member: 148556Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think it would be great to have a centralized, "official" location for clan stuff here. Maybe Hugh's territory, since he's community outreach?
  • SalvariasSalvarias Join Date: 2012-02-22 Member: 147118Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You where reading my mind, would be great to see somewhere for the clans, and possible a place to open up new clans. and or some sort of recruitment
  • MrGunnerMrGunner Join Date: 2003-01-03 Member: 11757Members, Constellation
    I want to see a forum for competitive players to ###### on each other and have their posts edited or deleted by digz over and over. So nostalgic.
  • FlounderFlounder Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31656Members
    Usually there is a sub-forum for clans to advertise their websites and vents and stuff.
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    With a clan forum, a lot more teams could start playing since they have a hub to gather around. And getting a competitive scene would add a lot to the developement as well I believe, since we could look at balance issues in a whole new light, wether it be map, race or ability-balance.

I had a break between patch 185~ - 200, but man so much stuff has been improved, and I really believe now would be a perfect time to get up a forum for clans. Especially since I really want that "king of beta" tournament I mentioned in the first post.

Just think about it, getting that casted live on twitchtv, hugh and others casting the games. A LOT of people know what Natural Selection is. If we could really step up as a community and promote it, i think we could attract a lot of new people into this fantastic game that it's shaping up to be.

Just me ranting with improper english, non-proofreading and just spilling my thoughts out, sorry. :)

Oh and btw! Hugh! If you're reading this I really hope you would consider starting live-casting your show on twitch. It's such a huge part of the gaming and esport scene these days. Your voice and style is excellent and it's very easy to enjoy watching what you put up on youtube, but there are soooo many more people you could reach by starting to cast. Keep up the hard work, I really appreciate it.

<3
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1915287:date=Mar 19 2012, 05:56 PM:name=MrGunner)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MrGunner @ Mar 19 2012, 05:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1915287"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I want to see a forum for competitive players to ###### on each other and have their posts edited or deleted by digz over and over. So nostalgic.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This is probably the reason there won't be such a subforum.
  • ArgathorArgathor Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110942Members, Squad Five Blue
    Perhaps it is a little early for this. We discovered during the organisation of the NS2HD tournament, there are in reality very few active clans/competitive players.

There are already competitive players that make construstive feedback based on strong competitive experience in NS2...Skie and Grissi to name a few.

I think the entire competitive community is looking forward to a king of the beta type tournament. I want revenge on Inversion for the public slaughter after the NS2HD tournament fell through! I am going to stick my shotgun so far up Fana's arse, his breath smells of my shotgun! ;-)
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    edited March 2012
    The only thing Fana's breath is going to smell of is Argathor, in my opinion. =P

I look forward to seeing the match if you two go at it.
  • NecropsYNecropsY Join Date: 2012-01-23 Member: 141746Members
    What about an OFF - toppic forum

so we can NOT talk about ns constantly =)
  • paradoxumparadoxum United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-03-05 Member: 148193Members
    I remember there being an NS scrim channel on gamesurge, you could sign up to join games or something in the channel, it was really neat.
  • MrGunnerMrGunner Join Date: 2003-01-03 Member: 11757Members, Constellation
    Yeah #nspug was always fantastic and was what finally got me into competitive play.
  • SkieSkie Skulk Progenitor Join Date: 2003-10-18 Member: 21766Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2012
    I wish we had an IRC channel for NS2 scrims/ENSL/clan matches etc. as well. IRC seems like a bit of a dead medium though.
    Hopefully it picks up again enough when NS2 gets some popularity.

PS. I could start one somewhere, like in Quakenet or Gamesurge, if people are interested. Just need to get the word out about it.
  • JuCCiJuCCi Join Date: 2011-08-08 Member: 114961Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Or all teams could join this :) <a href="http://gamersportal.com/" target="_blank">http://gamersportal.com/</a>
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1915871:date=Mar 21 2012, 02:07 PM:name=JuCCi-PuCCi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JuCCi-PuCCi @ Mar 21 2012, 02:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1915871"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Or all teams could join this :) <a href="http://gamersportal.com/" target="_blank">http://gamersportal.com/</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Doesn't seem very likely at all though.. There should definately be a subforum for this type of thing here.
  • ArgathorArgathor Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110942Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1915623:date=Mar 20 2012, 10:56 PM:name=Techercizer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Techercizer @ Mar 20 2012, 10:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1915623"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The only thing Fana's breath is going to smell of is Argathor, in my opinion. =P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Quite possible, I am a fail marine! :-/