Arcs scramble eggs

FlounderFlounder Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31656Members
<div class="IPBDescription">not as tasty as it sounds</div>As of 198, Arcs target eggs just like any other structure. I'm tempted to classify it as a bug. Thoughts?

Comments

• zastelszastels Join Date: 2003-11-29 Member: 23731Members
    edited February 2012
    I've taken a notice that arcs are basically useless right now, even with a train of them.

Them targeting eggs could be why.
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    edited February 2012
    Good for slightly suppressing the hive you're attacking... not so good for causing meaningful damage before reinforcements show up. It's got to be a bug.
  • FlounderFlounder Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31656Members
    I didn't mean to imply that arcs were less effective because of this mechanism. I just meant that it seems odd that arcs effectively spawn camp players. In NS1, sieges specifically did not damage players (they did in early versions, but this was changed to much acclaim).

The bug should really read:
    For the purposes of arc targetting, spawn eggs are treated as building structure entities, but should instead be treated as special entities (neither player nor structure) that arcs should ignore. Maybe an entity more akin to drifters (although arcs may target drifters as well - though they shouldn't, but I haven't tested that).