Gorge places infestation

sumguy720sumguy720 Join Date: 2011-02-09 Member: 81101Members
edited March 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
Hey dudes.

Gorges should be able to place the same cysts as the commander with the same rules.

It's a micro-managey thing that the comm has to do that makes the rest of commanding hard (in a way that isn't fun). As gorge you should be the support push-forward guy, and placing normal networked cysts for the commander is a good way to do that.

Also it makes the gorge more buildy like in NS1, which I really liked.

ALSO it promotes the commander working with the team by being all "Hey gorges could you go infest in this direction please" or "GORGES REINFORCE SECOND HIVE NAOO" or "DAMN guys go gorge!"

There are some issues with this idea as for as balance and stuff but as far as funitude is concerned I think it's a great idea.

Comments

• PersuaderPersuader Join Date: 2012-02-20 Member: 146988Members
    I suggested something like this in another thread a couple of days ago. Since b199 tho that thread fell to the shadows due to issues introduced in the latest patch. Heres the same concept in alittle more detail.

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=116712&view=findpost&p=1908771" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...t&p=1908771</a>
  • FlounderFlounder Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31656Members
    Explain how this is different from the current set up.

Do you mean that gorges can place cysts that rines can never kill?
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1910165:date=Mar 5 2012, 10:52 AM:name=Flounder)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flounder @ Mar 5 2012, 10:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1910165"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Explain how this is different from the current set up.

Do you mean that gorges can place cysts that rines can never kill?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah immortal cysts would be daft and game breaking.

My only opinion on cysts is that they should use gorge stamina rather than res, since the commanders cysts use hive energy. Leaves more energy for hydras, and encourages gorges to always support the comm.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I think he means cysts that don't need to be connected to a hive. The problem is that it would be highly exploity (think gorge rush marine start, drop cyst, hydra spam). You'd start having random hydra farms all over the map.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    ^- Nostalgic Walls of Lame moment right here :)
  • DarkOmenDarkOmen Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7148Members
    edited March 2012
    I once suggested that:
    1 - Gorges get a different infestation that the commander cannot build on.
    2 - Be allowed to build their Gorge-cysts anywhere.
    3 - Still retain the ability to build on commander infestation.

I don't think that invulnerable cysts is the right way to go, though.
  • sumguy720sumguy720 Join Date: 2011-02-09 Member: 81101Members
    edited March 2012
    Haha no no that's not what I meant!

You know how the commander places a cyst network? and gorges place mini-cysts? I was thinking about placing the whole cyst network building task on gorges and letting the commander spend their time doing other things.

I guess I'm not super hip on how mini cysts work now, but they're different than the commander cysts somehow, right? I was suggesting they be made the same thing, and the commander would no longer be able to place them.

I updated the OP to be more clear. Sorry!
  • FlounderFlounder Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31656Members
    Yeah wow that's only about 100% different from what your original post sounded like. Anyway, this was, um... good times had by all, cheers.
    <!--quoteo(post=1910551:date=Mar 6 2012, 12:11 PM:name=sumguy720)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sumguy720 @ Mar 6 2012, 12:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1910551"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Haha no no that's not what I meant!

You know how the commander places a cyst network? and gorges place mini-cysts? I was thinking about placing the whole cyst network building task on gorges and letting the commander spend their time doing other things.

I guess I'm not super hip on how mini cysts work now, but they're different than the commander cysts somehow, right? I was suggesting they be made the same thing, and the commander would no longer be able to place them.

I updated the OP to be more clear. Sorry!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm pretty sure gorge cysts are same as commander cysts atm. Only difference is commander is top down view, so cannot place cysts anywhere except on floor.

Making cysts a gorge only activity would be terrible and make the game unplayable unless gorge and commander were in constant harmony. Atm they just synergize well together.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    ^- along with some minor things like lower HP and smaller size, for Mini-Cyst that is.

Also, the Khamm should be allowed to put Cysts on walls, why not?
    Not sure if he can, but I've never been able to as comm. Top down view as I said, and cysts seem less fluid to place as a commander.
    edited March 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1910710:date=Mar 6 2012, 03:28 PM:name=TimMc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimMc @ Mar 6 2012, 03:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1910710"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not sure if he can, but I've never been able to as comm. Top down view as I said, and cysts seem less fluid to place as a commander.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Indeed, the range indicator for Cyst is false to an extent, it's actually the distance between each Cyst that matters. I guess this is in place to prepare for implementing the tendrils that connect them.