Your favorite awesome or facepalm moments

Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
edited February 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Share them please</div>The game is being played for quite a while now and many people seem to be veterans already. You certainly have some fancy stories to share :)

My biggest facepalm moment was when I evolved into onos and got shot as egg at 99%. Usually I cloak my egg to prevent just that, but it was not available in that match...

<i>edit: it already worked, i remembered my favorite moment: it was in a heavily turtled game quite some versions ago (no onos, no gas-vs-sentry). marines had ~6 sentries near the powernode in atrium. i managed to fly through as lerk and started to shoot the powernode, diagonally below the bridge. i brought it down quite a bit when i heard a sound and stopped. i managed to cloak just in time before a marine went into sight. he aimed in my direction for a while but then he actually walked away, no alarm or scan or even powernode repair. i resumed as soon as he went away, finally taking down the node which basically ended the match.</i>

My <i>2nd</i> favorite awesome moment (apart from those final hits on a hive to finish it off right before dying) was killing an onos and two fades in a single shotgun-clip (I know that was a team effort but it felt great).

There were probably even better moments but I can't remember them right now... This thread is to bring them back to memory and to prevent other moments/stories from getting lost.

Comments

• XosteanXostean Join Date: 2012-02-17 Member: 146370Members
    When i shoot a grenade around a 90 degree corner only to have it some how bounced back from a whip
  • VolccisVolccis Join Date: 2011-12-11 Member: 137452Members
    When I had put over 30 hydras in mineshaft so it was ###### laggy that marines couldnt go anywhere from their base. Laughed so much and continued placing more hydras. Altought I hate as marine when gorges spam hydras all over the map and it becomes laggy and cannot aim anymore :P

Another good part was when Mpac was in my team when played as alien. We decided to rush marines CC and I was a little late. CC was at 6% when I attacked it and before that I ran over one mine and had low hp. Around CC was alot of mines and 3 marines was shooting me and got the CC to 1% when suddenly one mine exploded and I died. You can only imagine what Mpac said :D
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    My most awesome moment: Finishing 2 Fades (one after another) alone, only with the LMG and circle strafe.
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    Jumping into large groups of Shotgun/LMG marines as a skulk and jump-strafing through them until they're all dead is a real blast. Most of their bullets just hit their allies, and their aiming ability seems to scale inversely with the size of their group.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Today as aliencom:

Was watching Dusty chasing 2 marines from behind as gorge while they run after a Lerk, the end was a double healkill by him and a big laughter.

And same game, found a lone marine in cavern as fade. I hit em once, then he run away to drill repair. I blinked around a corner waiting for him. He comes I just chuckle and blink away, and he was schooting the whole mag out of SG in anycorner then he taunted "Oh man just lost my attitude", I couldn't stop laughing. And he left this poor guy alone.
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    on tram, playing as aliens, just got 3rd hive up. for some reason decided it would be a good idea to go onos in the corner behind the boxes in the hallway between elevator transfer and central tunnel. suddenly 3 marines in elevator going towards observation, i was like oh ###### oh ###### oh ######, and as a marine was about to round the corner of the box and see my egg a lone skulk shows up and leaps into the middle of them, drawing them away and allowing me to finish evolving to onos without getting shot up.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    Not really that awesome, but last night I charged into a group of 6 marines as a skulk, killed 2 then leaped out. Marines seem to become more stupid the more they crowd together.

I tend to die while in the egg all the time, going either onos or fade. Usually one brave marine rushing to the hive, only to kill eggs rather than anything else.

NS2 tends to give a good moment every game. All my NS1 memories are about building walls or towers of chambers.
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1907905:date=Feb 28 2012, 01:04 PM:name=Techercizer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Techercizer @ Feb 28 2012, 01:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1907905"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Jumping into large groups of Shotgun/LMG marines as a skulk and jump-strafing through them until they're all dead is a real blast. Most of their bullets just hit their allies, and their aiming ability seems to scale inversely with the size of their group.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It never occurs to anyone that marines synergize so much better if they spread out.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    A Fade just mopped up a squad of Marines in Mineshaft Crushing Machine, while I was sneaking through the machine opening/vent. The Fade was hitting a Sentry as I lobbed a direct hit grenade in its face and finished up with a few bullets ^_^
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Trying to finish a game as Aliens on Mineshaft. Typical mineshaft stalemate- the Aliens had control of the entire map and the Marine team was purposely turtling in Drill Repair. The ENTIRE team had Jetpacks and an assortment of weapons on 3/3 upgrades and was just sitting on top of the hanging drill waiting for some poor ###### to try and go for the power node or whatever. Dragged the game on for a good 30 minutes, but it was hilarious.
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1907969:date=Feb 28 2012, 03:56 PM:name=1dominator1)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1dominator1 @ Feb 28 2012, 03:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1907969"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It never occurs to anyone that marines synergize so much better if they spread out.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think they believe that hiding near somebody else will lead to that person getting bitten instead of them. Or heck, maybe they just like herds. *shrugs*
  • ArgathorArgathor Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110942Members, Squad Five Blue
    <b>Best Moment:</b> Having NS2HD talk about me being on steroids in a clan match cast after a killing spree (to date probably still my best marine round ever).

<b>Worst Moment:</b> Getting my fade egg flamered on an NS2HD video, because I was lazy and evolved on the main Datacore ramp. I think this was karma after my best moment! :-(
  • tocztocz Join Date: 2012-02-12 Member: 145070Members
    I had 3 skulks chasing me as i jumped around shooting grenades at a hive. I shot a grenade at a whip and it launched it back at me killing the 3 skulks on me. I survived with 4 hp.
  • Heroman117Heroman117 Join Date: 2010-07-28 Member: 73268Members
    It was a stalemate game on summit, and i was a marine and we were holding out in flight control, while aliens held most of the map. We were being hammered hard with fades blinking in, killing a few guys, then blinking out, and onos suicide rushing to take out a few of our sentries, but somehow we managed to hold out for about 15 minutes. I knew it was a lost game so i decided to buy a shotgun, and crawled into the vent that leads from flight control to underneath the hallway that links flight control and computer lab. Then, after i waited in the vent's opening, i saw a onos running out from flight control, rushing towards the 2 gorges that were healing all the alien players that were hammering, then retreating from our base. I then jumped out right before the onos could reach the gorges and BOOM, 1 shotgun blast and the onos died, then i killed one of the gorges, both of which were trying to heal me to death, and then right then a fade blinked in, also obviously intended to get healed up, and once again, 1 shot, 1 kill. At this point the other gorge had run away, and then i was swiftly killed by another onos, but it felt so awesome knowing that i just screwed half the alien team in about 10 seconds.

However my favorite moment thus far is my first welder kill. It was late game and the marines had dominated the map, with the aliens being pushed down to 1 hive after a grueling and relentless push from us with jetpacks and shotguns, and the aliens were then pushed to only a single hive. Most of the marine players were pushing into the last hive room ,flight control, but i was patrolling in crossroads because of skulks that would sneak around and chomp on res nodes that we weren't at. I then saw a skulk running into crossroads from Summit Reception, without it noticing me. I saw it taken a few bullets on its way into crossroads, but no marines pursued it, and then it ran into a vent that lead from crossroads into computer lab, likely to heal with regeneration. I then ran into the vent, not using my jetpack so i could remain quiet, and then fell down the vent and sure enough there was the skulk, standing right there with its back turned to me. The moment i took out my welder and proceeded to roast the skulks butt, it turned around, and wildly tried to bite me to death, but ultimately only got 1 bite off my level 3 armor before it suffered its painful, embarrassing death, lulz would then proceed to be had in the chat log.
  • DustehDusteh Join Date: 2011-07-25 Member: 112142Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    My awesome moment was yesterday actually, took down crossroads hive on my own killing 2 fades, 2 skulks and a lerk in the process with my shotty and jet pack! Got that 'I love this game' feeling.

Facepalm? Probably evolving to fade then attempting to blink over the gap that leads to maintenance acces at cross roads then falling to my death. Extremely frustrating but you have to laugh at yourself. Also on the night Gorilla had been released, the first time I was evolving Onos, staring at my egg with anticipation, watching the percentage slowly rising to find it get to 97% and a jet pack marine comes out of nowhere and 1 shots it with his shotgun. Couldn't help but laugh my ass off to be honest.

NS2 is full of awesome moments, love it!
  • saltybp53saltybp53 Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72675Members
    Mineshaft with 3rd hive and everyone had full upgrades. After circle striding an onos for a while, I run out of ammo and sprint at it with an axe. I got knocked back, but I got him :P