Being shot slows Aliens down

MkilbrideMkilbride Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69952Members
Kinda like how in ZP:S, when you're advancing and shot or so, you get slower. It'd make sense, these Aliens shouldn't be able to ignore their pain and keep running as they're being torn apart. :P

Comments

• BroseidonBroseidon Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110935Members
    I believe this is already in the game. It's just not as noticeable as the first time it was introduced and there were some complaints before it was changed to have a smaller effect.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Was already in the game and made the aliens extremely weak.
    And plz. Before you give more balance tips: Don't play only marines. Start to play aliens and see, that they are not overpowered.
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1906212:date=Feb 23 2012, 11:29 AM:name=_Necro_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (_Necro_ @ Feb 23 2012, 11:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1906212"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Was already in the game and made the aliens extremely weak.
    And plz. Before you give more balance tips: Don't play only marines. Start to play aliens and see, that they are not overpowered.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Most of the Users here should, i bet the most play marines only...otherwise i can not explain these "wrong" comments about aliens.
    I play both a lot because i like both.
    But aliens have like no defence, as marine i never had a problem break through alien defence, but as alien through marines defence.
    And now make aliens slower on hit, whats next, fade aliens screen black if they get hit? Let them bleeding on one hit.
    seriously guys, play aliens and then you know how hard it is already.
    The fades who kill marines are not unskilled, you have to be very good because marine weapons are very dangerous, even the rifle but for that you have to hit the fade a lot.
    But okay against fade, the rifle is not very good.
    I will not say marines are easy, but there defence is way better then aliens is.
    That the fight against a fade is also not easy, i guess its because of most peoples frame and lag issue.
    If i got no lag and we play in team, fades are easy to kill, except if there more fades then actual marine players, then you are doomed.
    But this don't happend much, most times there is just 2-4 fades because of their much cost.
    And if you kill one fade, he lost half of his res...
    Anyway, the balance is always a problem in a beta.

I notice that marines most times only lost the game because of staying in base and don't destroy aliens rts/hives and build new rts...they don't even care rts who are under attack.
    And right now you can see every alien if they attack a rt.
  • VolccisVolccis Join Date: 2011-12-11 Member: 137452Members
    Seriously this guy AGAIN. He made already one suggestion to half skulk damage. Just learn to aim, dont run without brains, go with your teammates etc.... Skulk vs Marine is in very good balance. The real problem is between monitor and a chair, not in game.

What about when aliens hits marines they would be crippled. "It'd make sense, these marines shouldn't be able to ignore their pain and keep running as they're being torn apart ;p" <-- *sarcasm*
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1906227:date=Feb 23 2012, 12:35 PM:name=swalk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swalk @ Feb 23 2012, 12:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1906227"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why make such a topic such as this?
    You got killed by skulks over and over because you couldn't aim, and then halfing skulk damage is your suggestion?
    A change like that is out of place, and would make skulks utterly useless.
    Think before you post please.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Kinda wanted to quote myself from the other thread, as this one is very similar.
  • ÒŗăNģёÒŗăNģё Join Date: 2012-02-09 Member: 144437Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    <!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b>NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->. Sucks in zps and would totally suck for the dynamics of this game.
  • RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1905947:date=Feb 22 2012, 09:07 PM:name=Mkilbride)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mkilbride @ Feb 22 2012, 09:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1905947"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Kinda like how in ZP:S, when you're advancing and shot or so, you get slower. It'd make sense, these Aliens shouldn't be able to ignore their pain and keep running as they're being torn apart. :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Actualy it's the impact force that makes aliens slow down. they have no pain receptors and dont feel it.

And that's covered already.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1905947:date=Feb 22 2012, 02:07 PM:name=Mkilbride)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mkilbride @ Feb 22 2012, 02:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1905947"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Kinda like how in ZP:S, when you're advancing and shot or so, you get slower. It'd make sense, these Aliens shouldn't be able to ignore their pain and keep running as they're being torn apart. :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    By this logic, marines should stagger back and be unable to fire after being bitten. Big bite from the skulk is surely going to cripple and cause a marine to reeve with pain?
  • FlounderFlounder Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31656Members
    NS1 used to have bullet knockback and it was taken out for good, good reason.