Your feedback on our tweets here

Comments

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Lots of testing for Gorilla around here. Revamping the Gorge on the side too.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh my Gorge... this I gotta see ^_^
  • InertInert Join Date: 2008-02-03 Member: 63569Members
    *CRIES* I hope its tonight..

tempting to call out of work tomorrow
  • TriggermanTriggerman Graphic Artist Join Date: 2004-11-10 Member: 32724Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Writing a few big e-mails. Like RAWWWR-big. #fb<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And thus the "Gorilla" press-release is being written!
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Oh man, all this soon we're getting.

Come on friday!
  • ArgoshArgosh Join Date: 2011-01-21 Member: 78474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2012
    Party Time!

edit: Gorilla. Has. Arrived. Steam is updating. Changelog in a sec. #fb
  • cH40z-LordcH40z-Lord Join Date: 2009-07-26 Member: 68269Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    What about knocking marines back with Onos stomp, so they fall to the ground and have to stand up before they can flee ?

I had recently a play on Mineshaft, evolved to Onos and came into a small fight at 2-5m range - 2 marines vs me and I lost.

Well, there is no sprint for Onos and they could easily outrun me as I couldn't stomp them :S Those resources were not very well spend in that moment :( ^_^
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Does Stomp even do anything to marines? Didn't look like that in the changelog.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1899277:date=Feb 3 2012, 02:46 PM:name=Align)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Align @ Feb 3 2012, 02:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1899277"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Does Stomp even do anything to marines? Didn't look like that in the changelog.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's structure only, Gore (when you land it :P) stuns marines
  • TigTig Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    upvoted/commented on reddit. sorry about the name ;) its my LoL name.
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2012
    Get it to the frontpage!

<a href="http://t.co/dtBYA0VG" target="_blank">http://t.co/dtBYA0VG</a>
  • WhiteZeroWhiteZero That Guy Join Date: 2004-06-24 Member: 29511Members, Constellation
    You guys are a little late... ಠ_ಠ

I already posted the trailer under the Gaming, Games, and Gamernews subreddits. Got a decent amount of upvotes:
    <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/gamernews/comments/p8kd6/natural_selection_2_gorilla_patch_released_onos/" target="_blank">http://www.reddit.com/r/gamernews/comments..._released_onos/</a>
    <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/p8ke5/natural_selection_2_gorilla_update_released_onos/" target="_blank">http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/p8..._released_onos/</a>
    <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/p8kgy/natural_selection_2_poised_for_summer_2012/" target="_blank">http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/p8k...or_summer_2012/</a>
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Re: Twitch.tv live stream: Phantasm will (eventually) let the alien commander create fake structures and aliens he can "use" to confuse #fb<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

When I saw the Drifter in the current Phantasm menu, I thought we'd be able to +use the ghost model to become a fake Drifter as a player, although it probably just means it creates a fake Drifter for the Alien Comm to move around.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The powerpacks ideas are good but one. The automated connecting to the closest building. That could provide problems if alot of buildings are around to get the right one connected and dropping the powerpack so that it is hidden/not blocking.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sorry, maybe I completely missed it - do they have to be built.

The power grid system is great, but it just seems like it is complicating everything. Isn't there a simple solution?
    edited February 2012
    I hope the Comm. is able to "Reroute Power", as it gives more flexibility when placing Power Packs in clustered building spaces.
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1903866:date=Feb 16 2012, 09:49 PM:name=Runteh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runteh @ Feb 16 2012, 09:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1903866"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sorry, maybe I completely missed it - do they have to be built.

The power grid system is great, but it just seems like it is complicating everything. Isn't there a simple solution?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

it is complicated system which just painfully slows the gameplay. which is the point, as charlie said he wants ns2 to be slow pace game compared to ns1. The question is, is it actually good idea? i doubt it. And with the recent "power packs", its rather patching the problem without actually fixing much, aside from making things even more complicated..

power grid system needs to control lightning of the room, doors and some other minor things. I remember reading somebody else thread about this same idea, which had some great ideas but I don't know where that thread is now. But infestation and power grid needs to be redesigned.
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Playing with the idea of a Gorge "goo wall", which he could use to protect areas from gunfire (kind of web-like).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Nice, a deploy-able and semi-permanent Umbra wall :D
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think more server operators should be running tram!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The reason it is not played too much is the issue with spawning at server and warehouse. If you spawn at warehouse, it is pretty much game over for whoever spawns there. If aliens spawn at server, they can't cyst out through to elevator, so they have to go through tram tunnels and struggle getting out of the server room.

It is a map that maybe could be balanced by setting warehouse/server to alien only and shipping/repair to marine only starts, and fixing the infestation cysting issue between server and elevator. It's almost like the map doesn't join properly so the infestation refuses to cross through the door.
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm printing up and cutting out Starship Troopers themed "fliers" to try to try to recruit programmers...Would you like to know more?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

For the Frontiersmen, I will give my life!
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2012
    Funny i just looked Starship Troopers on TV 20min ago..... Do you want to know more?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1906080:date=Feb 23 2012, 02:44 AM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Feb 23 2012, 02:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1906080"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Awesome movie!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    But only ST 1+3, ST 2 was just....shudder

Hope UWE gets the programers attention!
    I didn't really like 3 though... We need to clone Max!
    <!--quoteo(post=1906088:date=Feb 23 2012, 02:56 AM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Feb 23 2012, 02:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1906088"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I didn't really like 3 though... We need to clone Max!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I am sure UWE is working on it ;-).
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->More 198 testing. A surprising number of crashes and issues popped up this week but it feels pretty great now. #fb<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ooh, any chance of a patch today?

Edit: I love you guys :)
  • cH40z-LordcH40z-Lord Join Date: 2009-07-26 Member: 68269Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2012
    The new gorge build menu is broken to me...

I can bring it up by pressing 2, but then I can jam 1, 2 or 3 and actually NOTHING happens. When pressing 1, the menu closes but I can't place any cyst, I actually can't see the ghost model and when I press MOUSE1 I fire my primary weapon... :S

Pressing 2 does nothing, the menu stays open and that's all.

Couldn't figure out whats happening when I press 3 as I couldn't play for that long for now :D

[EDiT]
    Oh nvm, the problem was caused by the menumod ( for build 197 ) :) It works fine without the menumod.
  • endarendar Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73256Members, Squad Five Blue
    NS2 Build 182 changelog and quickie video posted: <a href="http://t.co/4SGBaV2E" target="_blank">http://t.co/4SGBaV2E</a> #fb

182 is somewhat confusing.
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Doing a mad-dash for Build 199. Shifting our release schedule to be earlier in the week. #fb<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sweet! An earlier schedule should give you guys more time for hotfixes and tweaks :)
  • LV426-ColonistLV426-Colonist Space Jockey Join Date: 2011-08-05 Member: 114269Members, Constellation
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Testing out new Fade "shadow step" (a movement ability that allows him to "dodge" or "rush" quickly) #fb<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Isn't the fade quick enough already with blink? How much more of a rush do we need?

Bring us acid rockets and end this nonsense.
  • PlasmaPlasma Join Date: 2003-04-26 Member: 15855Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1908058:date=Feb 29 2012, 01:35 PM:name=LV426-Colonist)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LV426-Colonist @ Feb 29 2012, 01:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1908058"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Isn't the fade quick enough already with blink? How much more of a rush do we need?

Bring us acid rockets and end this nonsense.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Like this? <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHZ03gaqvms" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHZ03gaqvms</a>