Going forward what can we expect to see up until release?

Mandrake DelphiMandrake Delphi Join Date: 2012-02-10 Member: 144829Members
edited February 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">General Questions</div>I'd like to start by congratulating the UWE team on the release of "Gorilla". The patch it seems is breathing a lot of new life into the beta servers by renewing interest and attracting new players. Mineshaft has been a blast to play and the inclusion of the Onos and jetpacks are long awaited additions.

Now with the apparent Summer 2012 release date the years of anticipation will finally see an end and my curiosity is beginning to get the better of me. This thread is a list of personal questions I have for the team regarding what content they're planning to release by the time NS2 reaches gold. I'm avoiding team balance and questions regarding bugs as well as some mechanics like creep because I'm assuming they are all already at the top of UWE's list of priorities. I also realize some questions are going to seem redundant and I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask them.

<b>Exoskeleton/Heavy Armor & HMG:</b>
-With little information and no existing concept art can we expect to see these concepts make it into the game for the final release? Both were significant items for the Frontiersman in NS1 and many players are hoping for these additions to appear.

<b>Female Marines:</b>
-I was excited when concept art featuring a female Frontiersman (Frontierswoman?) began appearing in the early days of NS2's development. Can we expect to see them make an appearance as well as the possibility of <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Image:NS2_Female_Marine_Concepts_-_Variations.jpg" target="_blank">aesthetic differences</a> in players' armor?

<b>Fluid Dynamics:</b>
-Are there plans to include fluid (water, magma, etc) dynamics in the engine and maps? This question also extends to thing like cloth and other physics improvements in the game.

<b>Welders:</b>
-*clears throat* ETA?

<b><a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=116326&view=findpost&p=1902003" target="_blank">*Cory's Response*</a></b>

Note: I'm trying to keep the list short and simple for the moment and may add other questions later.

<b>Questions Part 2:</b>

-After the game is released and things settle down are there plans to attempt a port of the game over to consoles?

-Is there concern that "alien vision" could become the Batman detective mode of NS2, where it works so well that players will never want to switch out of it?

-And of course the most important question of all... when can we expect the Crusher (yes I'm capitalizing it) to begin crushing? As we all know crushers who spend at least 70% of their time crushing, live longer happier lives.

<b><a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=116326&view=findpost&p=1902155" target="_blank">*Cory's Response*</a></b>

<b>Questions Part 3:</b>

-Regarding server capacity and performance is it UWE's goal for 16 vs 16 to be the standard team size upon release? And if so how might future maps (refinery and docking) evolve from current maps when considering the doubling of players per server?

-What sort of Steam integration can be expected at release and is it UWE's desire for NS2 to expand into retail and onto other digital distributor platforms (Origin and D2D come to mind)?

-What additions to the map editor is the team working towards currently? Can we expect improved texturing and geometry tools as well as elevators?

<b><a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=116326&view=findpost&p=1902899" target="_blank">*Cory's Response*</a></b>

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • Tool8Tool8 Join Date: 2012-01-01 Member: 139405Members
    I'm pretty positive Exoskeletons will be in the final version. I would be very suprised if not. There will be a Minigun and even Dual Miniguns für Exos. I really hope they will look like the Mechs from Matrix 3 or Avatar. :)
    I believe Cory(?) has stated at some point, that female marines are still planed but they won't make it in time for v1.0.
    I don't think there will be fluid dynamics, as this is a very computationally intensive thing and would slow the game down quite a bit.
    Welders: I believe it won't take too much longer, but that's only a guess.

Would be nice if some Developer could bring us up to speed about these. :)
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    edited February 2012
    Hey Mandrake, glad you are having fun with the game. Here's some info, but unfortunately I can't give specific dates for any of this stuff:

Exoskeleton:
    The concept art for the exo and various weaponry is done, the models and textures are done both for first and 3rd person, and its all rigged and animated. Just waiting on the programming time to hook it all up and get it working in game. ETA: Sometime before release

Female Marines:
    This is still definitely on our list of items we want, as well as some more marine model variation in general. However the priority is just not that high compared to everything else still left to do, so it will have to wait until after 1.0 is released. But it will happen.

Fluid Dynamics:
    Again, this is really not that high on our priority list, as there isn't a lot of need for dynamic fluids in the game. And likewise not much requirement for cloth simulation, as we don't have characters running around with capes and cloaks. So anything along those lines will definitely be a post 1.0 thing. Some physics stuff we would like to have is crates and barrels that could be thrown around by an Onos, worklamps that could be knocked over, cables that can be bumped into that start swinging around, and other small props (like drink cans and trash) that can move when a player walks through them. Again, since its all just eye candy, for the most part, we'll probably have to wait until after 1.0 for any of that.

Welders:
    The concept, models, textures, and animations are done for welders, and there has been a first pass on the programming side. Still some more work to be done on the programming and gameplay side, but you can expect those to make an appearance a few patches from now.

--Cory
  • saltybp53saltybp53 Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72675Members
    I wouldn't mind another super patch for just exoskeleton, but its great news nonetheless. Thanks for the heads up Cory! Hoping for a face randomizer so its not just the same 2 marines.
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1902003:date=Feb 10 2012, 10:52 PM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Feb 10 2012, 10:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902003"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Fluid Dynamics:
    Again, this is really not that high on our priority list, as there isn't a lot of need for dynamic fluids in the game. And likewise not much requirement for cloth simulation, as we don't have characters running around with capes and cloaks. So anything along those lines will definitely be a post 1.0 thing. Some physics stuff we would like to have is crates and barrels that could be thrown around by an Onos, worklamps that could be knocked over, cables that can be bumped into that start swinging around, and other small props (like drink cans and trash) that can move when a player walks through them. Again, since its all just eye candy, for the most part, we'll probably have to wait until after 1.0 for any of that.
    --Cory<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I am looking forward to this more than anything else! The world of NS2 seems kinda static/boring without it.
  • Mandrake DelphiMandrake Delphi Join Date: 2012-02-10 Member: 144829Members
    edited February 2012
    Thank you for the quick and detailed reply Cory.

My other question and this is probably something that anyone could answer. but are the HMG and Exosuit going to be homogenized? Or are there plans to include and HMG that doesn't require a suit to operate?

Edit: Any further questions I have for the team I'll contain them in the OP for easier reading.
  • Lemming JesusLemming Jesus Join Date: 2010-04-13 Member: 71385Members
    So how about dynamic infestation?
  • mushookeesmushookees Join Date: 2008-03-26 Member: 63967Members
    as for the <b>G</b>uys <b>I</b>n <b>R</b>eal <b>L</b>ife marine models, they would need female voices for the comm chat otherwise it would be quite funny
  • RokiyoRokiyo A.K.A. .::FeX::. Revenge Join Date: 2002-10-10 Member: 1471Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1902003:date=Feb 11 2012, 01:52 PM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Feb 11 2012, 01:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902003"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Some physics stuff we would like to have is crates and barrels that could be thrown around by an Onos, worklamps that could be knocked over, cables that can be bumped into that start swinging around, and other small props (like drink cans and trash) that can move when a player walks through them. Again, since its all just eye candy, for the most part, we'll probably have to wait until after 1.0 for any of that.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Some physics stuff I'd like to see is airborne skulks & lerks being treated as physics objects, partially so they can ram marines off catwalks/etc and partially so they don't instantly lose all their momentum when bumping into a marine.
  • BlasphemyBlasphemy Join Date: 2008-05-02 Member: 64201Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    I gotta say, I would find it very enjoyable to see a lerk knock a marine off a precarious ledge. But I think it would also look very silly to see lerks and skulks bumping marines around when they run into them. But then again, I've almost pulled my hair out plenty of times when I fly near the marines and I suddenly drop to the ground because I flew close to them.
  • RokiyoRokiyo A.K.A. .::FeX::. Revenge Join Date: 2002-10-10 Member: 1471Members, Constellation
    I agree it would look silly for skulks & lerks on the ground. I was only thinking of fast-moving airborne entities.
  • ZenoZeno Join Date: 2007-09-05 Member: 62183Members
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1902003:date=Feb 11 2012, 05:52 AM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Feb 11 2012, 05:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902003"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->...stuff we would like to have is crates and barrels ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Come on, it's 2012.
    :O

+1 for momentum.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1901975:date=Feb 11 2012, 01:28 AM:name=Mandrake Delphi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mandrake Delphi @ Feb 11 2012, 01:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901975"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>Questions Part 2:</b>

-After the game is released and things settle down are there plans to attempt a port of the game over to consoles?

-Is there concern that "alien vision" could become the Batman detective mode of NS2, where it works so well that players will never want to switch out of it?

-And of course the most important question of all... when can we expect the Crusher (yes I'm capitalizing it) to begin crushing? As we all know crushers who spend at least 70% of their time crushing, live longer happier lives.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    We've talked about porting the game over to console at some point waaay down the road, but we're developing the game for PCs, first and foremost. A port would require a lot of extra time, and manpower, but if NS2 is very successful we may consider trying to bring it to consoles, though we'd only do it if we didn't have to sacrifice the gameplay in any way.

Regarding the alien vision, there is some concern about players never switching out of it. What is in there now is just a first pass at it, that was put in rather quickly, and we still intend on putting more time into the gameplay and FX side, to really figure out how we want it to look and work. At that time we will revisit the mechanics behind it, and decide if we want it used in a more limited way or not.

The Crusher in Mineshaft is meant to crush players, and I don't think it's a very difficult programming task, but again, its all about priorities. There are many other features and bugs to deal with first, but maybe we can sneak this one in sometime soon, since it does have some gameplay implications. We'll probably need to slow the timing a bit once we do that, so that it isn't dropping quite as often, as that would make it pretty deadly, and we don't want to block off that pathway for players.
    <!--quoteo(post=1902014:date=Feb 11 2012, 04:29 AM:name=Mandrake Delphi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mandrake Delphi @ Feb 11 2012, 04:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902014"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My other question and this is probably something that anyone could answer. but are the HMG and Exosuit going to be homogenized? Or are there plans to include and HMG that doesn't require a suit to operate?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Right now there are no plans for an HMG for regular marines. The Exosuit will have be able to have a minigun, duel miniguns, or a railgun (and maybe duel railguns). We may only get the miniguns in for 1.0, though, depending on how things go.

--Cory
  • sidewayzsidewayz Join Date: 2012-01-31 Member: 142814Members
    edited February 2012
    Will Gorges have the ability to pick up a drifter and run around with it? :)
    It would be cool to have a Gorge grab a drifter, run through a vent a ninja a hive if all enterances to a hive are blocked by the ol' faithful turret spam
  • kababkabab Join Date: 2003-12-15 Member: 24384Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1902081:date=Feb 11 2012, 08:23 PM:name=Blasphemy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blasphemy @ Feb 11 2012, 08:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902081"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I gotta say, I would find it very enjoyable to see a lerk knock a marine off a precarious ledge. But I think it would also look very silly to see lerks and skulks bumping marines around when they run into them. But then again, I've almost pulled my hair out plenty of times when I fly near the marines and I suddenly drop to the ground because I flew close to them.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    That is one of the best ideas I've read in a while it would look so co to!
  • Mandrake DelphiMandrake Delphi Join Date: 2012-02-10 Member: 144829Members
    Again thank you Cory for the quick responses. I wasn't sure I'd even receive a reply, but you guys are proving awesome as always.

Believe it or not but a lot of girls enjoy games as much as you do, and that sort of attitude isn't very welcoming to them.
    <!--quoteo(post=1902036:date=Feb 11 2012, 12:41 AM:name=mushookees)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mushookees @ Feb 11 2012, 12:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902036"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->as for the <b>G</b>uys <b>I</b>n <b>R</b>eal <b>L</b>ife marine models, they would need female voices for the comm chat otherwise it would be quite funny<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • WolpertingerWolpertinger Join Date: 2011-12-24 Member: 138958Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1902022:date=Feb 11 2012, 05:57 AM:name=Lemming Jesus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lemming Jesus @ Feb 11 2012, 05:57 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902022"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So how about dynamic infestation?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

^+1

I also hope to see more gadgets for the marines to research and buy at the prototype lab. And maybe a little bit of weapon costumization.
    <!--quoteo(post=1902209:date=Feb 12 2012, 01:57 AM:name=Wolpertinger)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wolpertinger @ Feb 12 2012, 01:57 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902209"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I also hope to see more gadgets for the marines to research and buy at the prototype lab.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The Exosuit and weapon loadout for it will be purchased at the proto lab, eventually.

--Cory
  • WolpertingerWolpertinger Join Date: 2011-12-24 Member: 138958Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1902210:date=Feb 12 2012, 03:02 AM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Feb 12 2012, 03:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902210"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The Exosuit and weapon loadout for it will be purchased at the proto lab, eventually.

--Cory<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Anything beyond that?
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1902167:date=Feb 11 2012, 12:10 PM:name=sidewayz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sidewayz @ Feb 11 2012, 12:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902167"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Will Gorges have the ability to pick up a drifter and run around with it? :)
    It would be cool to have a Gorge grab a drifter, run through a vent a ninja a hive if all enterances to a hive are blocked by the ol' faithful turret spam<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Bug vomit, gross :D

Alternatively, let Gorges request a Drifter ride to high vents!
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1902155:date=Feb 12 2012, 03:05 AM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Feb 12 2012, 03:05 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902155"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Regarding the alien vision, there is some concern about players never switching out of it. What is in there now is just a first pass at it, that was put in rather quickly, and we still intend on putting more time into the gameplay and FX side, to really figure out how we want it to look and work. At that time we will revisit the mechanics behind it, and decide if we want it used in a more limited way or not.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The discussion from this thread is relevant:

<!--quoteo(post=1902001:date=Feb 11 2012, 11:48 AM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Harimau @ Feb 11 2012, 11:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902001"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The question you have to ask yourself is <b>why</b> do you want players to turn off their alien vision?
    - Because it looks like Tron? That's simply a problem of visuals, and easily fixed.[1]
    - Because it confers too much of an advantage? That's more of a problem with having darkness as a (binary) game mechanic.[2]

Regardless, I don't think any implementation of alien vision should have any artificial disadvantages, and I've discussed this thoroughly in the thread I linked above.
    On a related side-note, the atmospherics for third-person marine flashlight should be disabled or heavily toned down.

<!--coloro:#00FF00--><span style="color:#00FF00"><!--/coloro-->Having these disadvantages does not lead to meaningful choices: you are either severely gimped (cannot see anything, i.e. darkness), or partially gimped (i.e. flashlight blinding teammates, alerting aliens; darkvision causing you to be unable to see particle effects and looking like Tron)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=1902001:date=Feb 11 2012, 11:48 AM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Harimau @ Feb 11 2012, 11:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902001"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[1] "game visuals cannot be enjoyed" is not a good reason to gimp alien vision in any way. It is, however, a good reason to improve the visuals of alien vision. See twiliteblue's mod for a good first pass. I've written about this:
    <!--quoteo(post=1896686:date=Jan 23 2012, 02:56 AM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Harimau @ Jan 23 2012, 02:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1896686"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There are two main features of alien vision that make it so useful:
    - It highlights edges: adding sharp contrast between edges and surfaces.
    - It differentiates entities from geometry by colour/shade, and homogenises the textures of entities (creating almost a silhouette): adding sharp contrast between entities and geometry, and making entities visually striking. * In twiliteblue's mod, this is somewhat more subtle because of transparency, but none of the contrast is really lost.
    Any implementation that kept these two features would retain AV's utility, no matter how subtle the actual visual effects are.
    A natural consequence of twiliteblue's mod is that the effect is more noticeable (and therefore more useful) in darker areas and less noticeable in lighter areas - this is, I would say, working as intended.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Another helpful feature would be to enhance depth perception.

[2] "cheapens powered-down rooms and makes them strictly alien-favoured", however, <b>is</b> a good reason to revisit alien vision as a gameplay mechanic. I've written about this before:
    <!--quoteo(post=1898747:date=Feb 2 2012, 10:54 AM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Harimau @ Feb 2 2012, 10:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1898747"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think I see the real problem with darkness (and other mechanics in Natural Selection, such as cloaking): it's that it's a binary game mechanic. There are two states: light (everyone can see) or dark (marines cannot see). In the first case, this is a level playing field (sort of, not really considering melee vs range here), that's why the game is (relatively) fun. The second case is almost certainly an unbalanced playing field. You could say that the second case helps to balance the melee vs range issue, but the fact remains that it is binary: so either aliens have the advantage, or marines have the advantage. A better approach (on paper) would be to have a unary game mechanic (everyone always plays on the same field), or a ternary game mechanic (each side can gain an advantage): in the latter approach, the perfectly level playing field is the primary playing field (and accounts for the vast majority of the playtime), while the secondary playing fields only grant a team a small, temporary and reversible advantage (to tip the scales). The question is, how would you actually approach such a system in practice (edit: while preserving the asymmetry of the teams)?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • SkymanderXSkymanderX Green Marine - The Few, The Proud, The Green. Join Date: 2011-07-29 Member: 113006Members
    cool to hear about the concept art. Can we be expecting that to be released?
  • sidewayzsidewayz Join Date: 2012-01-31 Member: 142814Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1902218:date=Feb 12 2012, 10:45 AM:name=PsiWarp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PsiWarp @ Feb 12 2012, 10:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902218"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Alternatively, let Gorges request a Drifter ride to high vents!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Let Drifters mount Gorges so they can run them around and get lifts to high vents :)
  • blinblin Join Date: 2011-07-20 Member: 111290Members
    Did I just hear RAILGUN?

was it in NS1?
  • sheena_yanaisheena_yanai Join Date: 2002-12-23 Member: 11426Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1902299:date=Feb 12 2012, 07:29 PM:name=blin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blin @ Feb 12 2012, 07:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902299"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Did I just hear RAILGUN?

was it in NS1?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

no it wasnt. that thing was meant to be something able to punch through the onos boneshield or something, a slow rate of fire anti armor (maybe hive) cannon
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    I think the Railgun could do damage to Fades in Blink (maybe read it somewhere, maybe not)?
  • sheena_yanaisheena_yanai Join Date: 2002-12-23 Member: 11426Members
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1902308:date=Feb 12 2012, 08:27 PM:name=PsiWarp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PsiWarp @ Feb 12 2012, 08:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902308"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think the Railgun could do damage to Fades in Blink (maybe read it somewhere, maybe not)?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

that would make no sense, since is just a projectile weapon like the lmg or shotgun, just faster.. it cant follow a fade into blink, or shoot it out of it, since fades do not just simply turn invisible, their matter kinda shifts out of phase, putting them between the empty void of another dimension and this dimension. as soon they blink they are here..and not.. fade magic.

edit:

commando, we need heavy phase munitions (which would be pointless anyways because it could be only used against blinking fades, IF you would be able to hit them in the first place, and would not do any damage to anything else..)
  • kababkabab Join Date: 2003-12-15 Member: 24384Members, Constellation
    Imagine if rail gun would knock back and pin fades against the wall on direct hits that would look freakin awesome
  • DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1902258:date=Feb 12 2012, 02:06 AM:name=SkymanderX)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SkymanderX @ Feb 12 2012, 02:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902258"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->cool to hear about the concept art. Can we be expecting that to be released?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1

I'd love to see this as well.
  • Electr0Electr0 Join Date: 2011-10-31 Member: 130337Members
    It sounds like the release will be quite light on content, i always thought we would get at least 8 good official maps (most games have more) and a lot more environments, game modes and stuff, i guess we'll have to depend on the community for most stuff?