gorge put out fires

Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
<div class="IPBDescription">with bile bomb</div>The gorge should be able to put out fires. I prefer making bile bomb do this as it means the gorge would have to have the upgrade and specifically choose to use it. (You don't typically use bile bomb in your own base or out in combat, but this would make bile bomb useful in those scenarios).

How quickly it "works" is another question. Perhaps based on the perceived bile bomb "damage" that would have been done do to the alien unit/structure. So, a direct bile bomb hit would put the fire out immediately, while it would take 3-4 splashes to put out the fire. This, of course, means the gorge needs to be part of the action, to be effective.

Comments

• _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sounds like a good idea. +1
    Makes the gorge i little bit more useful.
    But than he should also extinguish teammates with this. Or does that healspray already?
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    I intended for this to put out fires in both units and structures.
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    <!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#00FF00--><span style="color:#00FF00"><!--/coloro-->+1<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

The bilebomb might need to be a be more... splashier in order to make it look like it can put out a fire.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    I think Heal Spray already puts out fires on lifeforms and structures, but I'm not sure about lingering flames...

Anyway, +1 :D
  • Laosh'RaLaosh'Ra Join Date: 2011-12-09 Member: 137232Members
    considering how flamerthrowers are the most heavy and expensive weapons, there should be some rebalancing to adress this if this feature is going to be implemented. it is already quite difficult to toast any aliens if they have a gorge waiting around a corner...

if they find a good way to keep the flamer useful enough against gorges, +1.
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    Good idea, i realy like that!
    +1