Suggestion For Ns2

EstevooEstevoo Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 138993Members
edited February 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Maybe some of the suggestions are already implemented. who knows?</div>Ok, They are:
1 - Increase Marine's run speed, reduce a little bit skull's speed.
2 - Ladder climbing for Marines and Skulls only get off the wall if 'duck' button is hitted or they hit the ground to jump forward then 'jump' button (even if it be in idle).
3 - Grab attack for Marines. (if Marines equip with thier knife and press 'action' button near a Kahraa with exception to onos. They can make one hit kill, stabing them).
4 - When Skulls do their 'Leap Attack' and get a Marine, both will fight for their lives, maybe pressing 'action' button, Who wins, kill the other.
5 - A Field Medic.(Maybe an Ammo Carrier too), Eliminates a need to commander spend resource with unused medkits that marines can't or was prevented from using.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Banzai¥Banzai¥ Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143902Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Quick-action mini-games are awful, and aren't actually fun (Especially in a multiplayer game where you may end up doing it over and over again.) One-hit kills aren't exactly fun either, especially when you say a marine or Skulk can do 80+ damage with his melee attack.

I will say a medic would be a nice idea. Wouldn't be a class choice like the Kharaa where instead marines can buy medical supplies so they can help teamates out.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    - Marines can already "sprint" (during which time they cannot use their weapon)
    - Ladder climbing was just added back recently, so I'm not surprised its a bit annoying.
    - If anyone should get a single-hit kill it is the skulks doing a "surprise" attack from the top
    - I've wanted some type of latch-on ability for skulk (perhaps on leap), but it was shot down.
    -
  • antacidantacid Join Date: 2007-08-07 Member: 61821Members, NS2 Playtester
    Did you seriously just suggest a quick time event?

Please no.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Besides the other awful ideas. This medic - thing sounds great.

<b>Supply Backpack</b>
    <ul><li>has to be researched in prototype lab</li><li>marines can buy it for pRes</li><li>a marine wearing the Supply Backpack can be used by other marines to get Ammo and Health (no Armor regeneration!) </li><li>the marine self, who is wearing the backpack has no reward from this item (Or maybe pRes for every x medpacks / ammo dispensed?)</li><li>With Supply backpack you cant buy heavy armor or jetpack</li><li>While using the marine with the backpack you also repair his armor.</li></ul>
  • SkymanderXSkymanderX Green Marine - The Few, The Proud, The Green. Join Date: 2011-07-29 Member: 113006Members
    +1 on medic -1 everyting else. sorry but most of the other ones have been exasperated in these forums.
  • EstevooEstevoo Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 138993Members
  • Frednic13Frednic13 Join Date: 2012-02-08 Member: 144237Members
    +1 with the medic

WOuld like to see A skulk be able to jump into the air and chew and grab a jetpack marine out of the air to drag him down.
  • Frednic13Frednic13 Join Date: 2012-02-08 Member: 144237Members
    AS A WELDER-
    I would like to see auto darkening visors for people using a welder.
    Also some welding technique for closing off doors or vents.

It would be simple to implement into the game and would add lots.
    If anyone from the NS2 team wants to know more pls msg me about this.
    I think the Marines should start with your weapons fully loaded and at the beginning of each map NS have at least two infantry portals! (to be fair, the aliens do not need to build things to re-spawn, why the Marines should have such a disadvantage?)
  • BearTaxiBearTaxi Join Date: 2011-11-15 Member: 133064Members
    I'm against every idea OP suggested.

Even the medic idea.

Really can't be bothered going into detail, but it's a pretty awful idea. Probably on par with the suggestion of quick time events and one hit kill grabs.
  • BroseidonBroseidon Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110935Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1901162:date=Feb 9 2012, 06:18 AM:name=Estevoo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Estevoo @ Feb 9 2012, 06:18 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1901162"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think the Marines should start with your weapons fully loaded and at the beginning of each map NS have at least two infantry portals! (to be fair, the aliens do not need to build things to re-spawn, why the Marines should have such a disadvantage?)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hives lol remumbur Estevoo they spawn eggs for the aliens lol remumbur Estevoo? ok let's be serious >:I .yeah the aliens don't need to build something at the start of the game to respawn, there have been some talking about giving the marines a free IP at the start of the game but I don't think it will be changed though it would be good if you got a free IP for every CC . After the suggestions you have put forward I'm seriously questioning if you know the game basics especially with this insta kill with the switch-ax. Marines are primary ranged, why would they have an insta kill melee attack? When it is the aliens that are forced to come close to the marines to attack. If anything the aliens should have one because they are primary melee.
    Though I shouldn't bash you to hard, another creative mind is always good :)
    edited February 2012
    Hey, guys that leap attack do this
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZRSdCUbVw0&feature=related" target="_blank">Knock down a marine - see 1:13</a>
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    I think I would have just assumed that this was a suggestion for TF2 if not for the title.