Natural Selection 2 News Update - NS2 Build 191 released

124»

Comments

• LORFCASTERLORFCASTER Join Date: 2010-06-13 Member: 72049Members
    I dont understand the thinking behind simplifying alien attack modes, maybe ive put too much time into games like half-life deathmatch, Alien vs Predator 2 and Unreal tournament 2004 / UT3, so im bias ?
    Things just dont seem complex to me... <u><b>AT ALL</b></u>... i never had issues bile bombing like people are saying above. Really I never felt i had any weapon / attack issues that were not bug related (like the delay on parasite switch).

This is from the perspective of a perma-gorge(literally) that used to play every day(literally) for the last 25 - 30 builds (up to the time that bellyslide was removed off infestation which ruined combat and defensive gorge play for me).

Maybe im misunderstanding some of the comments, though readying the clarity of Flayra's comment considering scrapping alternate fire modes for aliens all together makes me concerned. I am a firm believer options keep games interesting.

They.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1895045:date=Jan 17 2012, 12:22 PM:name=6john)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6john @ Jan 17 2012, 12:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1895045"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->double plus good points, except i think there needs to be some clarification on the secondary fire modes one.

Secondary attack for aliens should be something that is always applicable for that class.

In general I think movement needs to be the secondary fire mode. for skulk this is leap, for fade this is blink, for onos this would probably be charge. This is correct so far.

For gorge, healspray is perfect since it's the gorge's main utility.

The question comes with lerk. Right now, primary is lerk and secondary is shotgun, though it's considered a support class. Gas is the only support attack it has, it should be secondary always.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes!

Though, I kinda wish I could bind a key for instant skulk parasite without having to actually 'switch weapon'. Middle mouse button perhaps.
  • ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    For the sake of intuitive gameplay, it definitely makes sense to apply a secondary attack to mouse 2 for all aliens or not have it at all.

Personally, I find having nothing bound to mouse 2 a waste and I find it really handy having blink and healspray on mouse 2. Making it do something across the board is just common sense to me.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2012
    I guess the hotfix is done as I'm downloading a new patch for ns2.
  • MilaniumMilanium Join Date: 2012-12-27 Member: 176388Members
    NS1 source code would be a cool birthday present.
  • frantixfrantix Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184063Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Oh God, the lols...
  • triathtriath New York Join Date: 2008-08-10 Member: 64785Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
This discussion has been closed.