The Generosity Thread

Comments

• -HollywooD--HollywooD- Join Date: 2011-12-11 Member: 137406Members
    Hey everybody :)!

I suppose this is an introductory as well. I'm quite new to NS (Though I've known of it since its first iteration as a Half-Life 1 mod) and the forum and am currently in the middle of getting gifts for my family and girlfriend for Christmas and every time I get a bit extra to use I can't control using it to make them a little more special =D I don't actually expect someone around such a busy time as Christmas to randomly throw a copy of NS2 my way as most people would be doing the same thing but I'd appreciate it very much.

Regards,
    -HollywooD-!
  • BJHBnade_spammerBJHBnade_spammer Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42431Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1881390:date=Oct 23 2011, 10:47 AM:name=WizardHUN)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WizardHUN @ Oct 23 2011, 10:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1881390"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hey guys!

I'd appreciate a copy of NS2, because I'd like to test the game to share my experience with gaming communities which I own. Im the owner of League of Legends Hungary, DOTA2 Hungary, Vindictus Hungary but NS is still an forever loved piece in my heart. I started working as editor at the hungarian website of NS and played countless happy hours with friends and teams:)

If I can grab a copy and its enjoyable, I have the will to build up a hungarian fan site and infest others too:)

Best regards

Wizard<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i dont know if this thread is still valid but pm me if you still do not have the game
  • audner21audner21 Join Date: 2011-12-30 Member: 139284Members
  • MropMrop Join Date: 2004-03-26 Member: 27540Members
    to keep it short and simple:

I've played years NS1, then waited for years to hear about NS2, for got all this then found again 2 years ago. since then i've drooled every video of this game.
    However i got a slight problem, according to my platform. I always have bought "ok" to "awful" laptops and i'm concerned about the lowest graphs on NS2, or will it work on my platform. Today (friday the 13th) I told about NS2 to my old NS1 guildmate, he bought it instantly as he has a "decent" to "good" platform.

Now im strugglin, i want it, but can't afford it.
    Platform: Acer Extensa 5635ZG
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1894113:date=Jan 13 2012, 01:37 PM:name=Mrop)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mrop @ Jan 13 2012, 01:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1894113"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->to keep it short and simple:

I've played years NS1, then waited for years to hear about NS2, for got all this then found again 2 years ago. since then i've drooled every video of this game.
    However i got a slight problem, according to my platform. I always have bought "ok" to "awful" laptops and i'm concerned about the lowest graphs on NS2, or will it work on my platform. Today (friday the 13th) I told about NS2 to my old NS1 guildmate, he bought it instantly as he has a "decent" to "good" platform.

Now im strugglin, i want it, but can't afford it.
    Platform: Acer Extensa 5635ZG<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And your laptop can to 100% not run it. So rather wait till 1.0 is out and maybe play on reallly awful or get a cheap desktop.
  • Hudson633Hudson633 Join Date: 2012-01-17 Member: 140904Members
    About 10 years ago my brother got the Half-Life: Generation pack, and for some reason I went looking for mods, and played the original NS for along time. More than the TT, ZP, and BG mods. I like editing videos, my <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/Hudson633rd" target="_blank">youtube</a> has 280k collective views, if someone has a spare copy to send me I'll do some montage/short film stuff(not just regular gameplay).
    My OS is XP Professional at the moment, I'm moving to an upgrade version of Win7 soon, then will be using 64bit video editors. My other specs :

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 3582MB RAM
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
  • DrummerDrummer Join Date: 2004-02-18 Member: 26654Members
    I have a friend that I still play ns with, and I wanted to play ns2 together since I got it a while ago, but she just cant afford it right now. Since JP and onos are coming soon, and these latest builds are so good, I wanted to be able to play ns2 with her. Thanks
  • DrummerDrummer Join Date: 2004-02-18 Member: 26654Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1895105:date=Jan 17 2012, 05:23 AM:name=Drummer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Drummer @ Jan 17 2012, 05:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1895105"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have a friend that I still play ns with, and I wanted to play ns2 together since I got it a while ago, but she just cant afford it right now. Since JP and onos are coming soon, and these latest builds are so good, I wanted to be able to play ns2 with her. Thanks<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    she was able to get it, so no need anymore, thanks anyway
  • EyesuckEyesuck Join Date: 2009-08-23 Member: 68577Members
    I've played NS since I downloaded that first version from Fileplanet so long ago. The AvP player models I got from NSArmsLab before they went down, still, just make my day. I was hoping to get in on NS2 early on but after being unemployed for almost two years now and my wife with school payments, we just can't afford anything but food. A friend of mine suggested that I post here and see if anyone could help so, there's my two cents :)
  • ybarraluke@yahoo.comybarraluke@yahoo.com Join Date: 2012-01-18 Member: 141079Members
    edited February 2012
    I can let people play on my account...I have all the original information so really not much they can do. Pst for info. Honest people only. Thanks

Edit : I've let a few people play on my account . went smooth then the jerkoffs decided to start changing the password. I've pulled my generosity and helped a full people. Buy the game or mow some lawns
  • aldersonalderson Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143246Members
    I'd really appreciate an NS2 key, I'm nigh on mad for wishing I had it and I'm especially pumped about mapping for it.

My hardware is i5-750 processor, cache-2.66GHz, ATI Radeon HD 5450, 3gb RAM. I can run the games I have on the highest graphics settings available without issue...
  • RTCook124RTCook124 Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143278Members
    Not sure if this thread is still relevant but would like to try anyways.

I am currently a level designer for an indie group that me and some friends started a while back, currently working in UE3 and some in Source. I used to play NS1 religiously years ago before I started college and my gaming days dwindled. I graduated with my Bachelors in Game Design, with focus on Level Design, back in September of last year. Needless to say, while trying to break into the industry I have a lot of free time on my hands to work on my skills while searching for a job to keep me up. I live with the team I mentioned before, 4 guys in a 2 bedroom apartment working on games. I have been watching NS2 grow for years and have always wanted to be able to help out in any way possible, but bills are keeping me from doing just that. That is why I am asking for a copy of NS2, to be able to help out the community and Unknown Worlds. This would give me a chance to further my skills, as well as provide maps for a very dedicated community. I would greatly appreciate any help if available, and will do my best to provide my skills as the game grows.

Computer Specs (Custom):
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    Intel i7 2600K @ 5.0Ghz
    16Gb (2x8Gb) of RAM DDR3 1866Mhz
    2x eVGA 460 GTX 1Gb @ 900Mhz core / 1800Mhz Mem

PS: If you can't tell from my specs, I am also an avid computer enthusiast with around 50+ builds under my belt ranging from HTPC, Gaming, and Workstation computers.
  • CreaturemagicCreaturemagic Join Date: 2012-02-03 Member: 143481Members
    I would love a Beta key :)
    I've never played the Original NS and although I have been interested for 5 months now, as you can see, I have only just registered. So I'm a completely new player, but whats wrong with that? :)
  • Mike!Mike! Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143281Members
    edited February 2012
    I would looooove a NS2 copy, if any one here has an extra one, please let me know :D
    My group of friends have this game and I am the only one without it, any help will not go unappreciated.

My hardware specs -
    8 GB of RAM
    Quad-core 3.2 GHz
    Windows 7 64bit
    Graphics card - AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series
  • RollinsHRollinsH Join Date: 2004-09-06 Member: 31439Members
    edited February 2012
    I would love to play. I'm wondering if my comp will run it well? I could actually probably pay for a key or donate whatever you guys would like me to do. Played NS .. LOTS.. in my opinion there was or has been no other or better strat game since. End war was close :)

Oh found the Buy I'll just buy my copy and donate to the cause keep up the good work guys!
  • AdinSAdinS Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143898Members
    Hello gentlemen, I really like this game, but before buying I wanted to test it, if someone does not need the game and wanted to give her in good hands, eagerly gather you.
    If you find someone good enough to ask me a message at church;]
    Thanks in advance
  • {LoC}Blue_Leader{LoC}Blue_Leader Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 144025Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2012
    Friend bought me the game so I figured I'd edit this post, hope you guys that don't have the game get it soon!
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hello gentlemen, I really like this game, but before buying I wanted to test it, if someone does not need the game and wanted to give her in good hands, eagerly gather you.
    If you find someone good enough to ask me a message at church;]
    Thanks in advance

--------------------<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If its no the money that´s holding you back but the uncertainty, if this game could life up to your expectations, you can allways buy it and if it really lets you down ask for a refund. Although I disagree with this policy I thought I´d rather make you get a copy with this in mind than you giving it a pass without trying it first.
    If you actually have the trust in the developers that they fix the residuary bugs and performance issues, I´m sure you´ll enjoy the experience.
    I only recently purchased it and although I´m totally unfamiliar with the series it keeps me thinking about different tactical opportunities and gamemechanics every now and then through the day. And I stopped playing BF3 for this...

btw: really nice signature that you´ve got there!
  • AZNT3RR0RAZNT3RR0R Join Date: 2012-02-08 Member: 144357Members
    I would completely LOVE to have a NS2 key. I think that this game has so much potential- both in gameplay and modding. I believe that with modding, awesome game modes could be made. Making maps for this game would also be extraordinary, with giant tunnel systems or space colony maps being made. I would EXTREMELY aprreciate a key for this game.

Here are my system specs:

Core 2 Duo T5870 2.0GHz
    Radeon HD 6570M
    4GB RAM
    Windows 7 32 bit
  • Dreza1Dreza1 Join Date: 2012-02-08 Member: 144361Members
    Hey all I am new and it is not necessary for someone to gift the game to me though it would be helpful. I actually am trying to purchase the game with the $50 visa debit card I was given and when I try to preorder by this method it just keeps failing. I would gladly give someone else this card if they would help me out and gift the game to me otherwise I am in dire need of assistance with this issue. Thanks in advance!!!
  • GlopfsjklGlopfsjkl Join Date: 2012-02-11 Member: 144983Members
    If someone would gift this to me on steam i would be eternally grateful. I've been following this game for a while, watching NS2HD's videos on youtube almost every day. I recently got steam, and i want NS2 to be the first game in my library! My steam name is xXxSN1PERK1LLSM0K34203RRYDAYXxX. :D
  • M4RCO_XZM4RCO_XZ Join Date: 2012-02-12 Member: 145215Members
    I already got the game but i was wondering if anyone have an alpha key? i just want to borrow it to get Overgrowth

The link if you have a NS2 alpha key and want overgrowth

<a href="http://www.wolfire.com/pack?ns2=1" target="_blank">http://www.wolfire.com/pack?ns2=1</a>

Ill be appreciated
  • TosanTosan Join Date: 2010-08-05 Member: 73498Members
    My friend is looking to get a Black Armor + Beta/Pre-Order code (or even just black armor) - Anyone who has an extra one and would like to sell it, let me know; my friend really wants the Black Armor :P (I don't know if offering to purchase it off of someone who already has the Black Armor code is against the forum rules or anything so apologies if it is).
  • NugsaladNugsalad Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146649Members
    I have been following NS2 development for a long time now. I played NS1 since launch and enjoyed more than any of the other half life mods. I have played the game on my friends steam account and have thoroughly enjoyed the game!! I am a poor struggling college student and would love a free copy of NS2. Thanks!

AMD phenom IIx4 940 black edition
    EVGA GTX 570
    8gig ram
  • Norse HammerNorse Hammer Join Date: 2012-03-03 Member: 148048Members
    Myself and my friend are attempting to get NS2, after playing a TON of NS1. The only problem is the cost of it. We aren't both begging for copies, I told him I would split the cost of one copy with him if we could get gifted the other. Anyone kind enough to do this for us? We would be eternally grateful.
  • ZerdiusZerdius Join Date: 2012-03-04 Member: 148102Members
    I really wanna play this game, sadly I dont have a Paypal acc, you dont even need to gift me the game, I can trade you something in return (I would buy it on steam with paysafecard (prepaid card)). Hopefully one of you guys could do this for me.

Specs: i7 2600K
    8GB Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
  • bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I have a friend that is wanting the game so bad, but he can't afford it. I just spent my money for this game and I've loved it. I recommended it to my friend and he's been wanting to get the game. If anyone got a spare, pm me :) that'll be great, thanks!
  • 2sBlind2sBlind Join Date: 2011-11-08 Member: 131738Members
    Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a spare black armor key. If any of you have an extra, it would be a nice opportunity to get some spare spending cash either for yourself or for buying some more NS2 copies for some of these guys!!

Thanks a bunch!
  • GalacticGalactic Join Date: 2012-03-05 Member: 148154Members
    Oh well, why not give it a try... Hey guys, I would really like to play this game, but I currently don't have much of a gaming budget due to some extenuating circumstances. I was a big fan of the original NS and would love to play NS2 if anyone had a spare key. Thanks!

Specs:
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.71 GHZ
    NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
    5 gig RAM
  • ResRes Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20245Members
    edited March 2012
    Hi all,

<blockquote>I've been registered on this forum since Aug 27 <b>2003</b>, but have only made a grand total of 3 posts lol :x I've been following the production of NS2 off and on for probably at least 2 years, if not more. I loved NS1 back in the day and even played it again for awhile not that long ago. By far one of my all-time favorite games. </blockquote>
    <blockquote> I have a 8.5 month pregnant wife, so all my money will be going towards our new child. I would be extremely grateful for anyone that would gift me a copy of what I'm sure will be a great game in NS2. Unfortunately, I don't have much else to offer in return except my gratitude, my support for NS2 via playing and telling friends about it.</blockquote>

Just on a side note, I'm also the type of person that plays a new game for years before I bother to try moving onto something else. I also LOVE making maps, even if not to publish maps, as I tend to push the limits of what's possible in terms of game mechanics when mapmaking.

Example: In TF2 I made a team based obstacle course, where every person playing could see the progress of the other team by watching them at the same time their own team was completing the course. I didn't release that map as I never quite finished it, but was close. I did release one TF2 map though as it was more a traditional map.

Comp specs:

Phenom 2 x4 (3.2ghz)
    Radeon 6670
    4Gb DDR3 1600mhz ram

My steam profile/id: <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/id/iresist" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/id/iresist</a>