Jesus Saves....

Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
<div class="IPBDescription">but I don't..</div>I have been working on my map for a total of 7 hours. The last 5 hours I forgot to save because I was in the zone. Tried to do some displacement and whoops, map all gone with an editor crash. When I re-opened my map I cried. The saved version doesn't even have the completed grey box layout, let alone all the lights, textures and ramps.

I think I need a few days of mourning ;,(

Please add an autosave/autobackup feature to the editor...

Thanks

Comments

• MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited January 2012
    There's already one, check in Tools->Settings->General. By default it's saved every 5 minutes. Check in the default folder (can't remember what it is) and you'll probably be able to recover your work.
  • Evil_bOb1Evil_bOb1 Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 938Members, Squad Five Blue
    Yeah it helps if you take the habit of saving in the work flow so you can stay in the zone and not worry about crashes ;)
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    look in C:\Users\yourcomputername\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\Editor\autobackup\ you will find files called autobackup0.level , every auto backup for the last session is there and numbered so the highest number will be the latest save.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Thanks Guys :)

Spent a couple of hours working on from where I was. Going to have to look at combining the ideas from the two maps as I did the layout very differently...

I feel so much better now

Thanks again :)