not logging in properly

Comments

• tschumanntschumann Australia Join Date: 2010-05-26 Member: 71862Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1847818:date=May 22 2011, 12:50 PM:name=digz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (digz @ May 22 2011, 12:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1847818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Anyone still having problems?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's working for me again now. Thanks for posting that by the way. I don't even notice.
  • DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1847818:date=May 21 2011, 10:50 PM:name=digz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (digz @ May 21 2011, 10:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1847818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Anyone still having problems?

Maybe try clearing your cache? Rebooting? Hitting your PC with a sledgehammer?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Still having the same problem as originally posted PLUS if I'm idle very long after login and select "View New Posts" it goes to the secondary login page that Align mentioned.

After going into my ACP (Admin Control Panel) / Tools and Settings / Cookies and looking around, I'm guessing an Admin has enabled "Create a stronghold auto-log in cookie?". This should be disabled IF "Only turn off if <b>users cannot stay logged in</b>".
  • lazylazy Join Date: 2005-07-23 Member: 56631Members
    Got this message appearing at the top of the page now:

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_61c06qrbth8hbt3qtfhtllrk33, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/html/cms.php on line 10<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
    I think I didn't get logged in again (but I can't reproduce it now; I'm able to log in first time again).
  • TyphonTyphon Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1899Members
    This seems to have started happening again for me.
    I have to login twice every time. Just sayin...
    Me too, though it's been happening since soon after the fix.
  • RichardRahlRichardRahl Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104594Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1851506:date=Jun 10 2011, 11:45 AM:name=Depot)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Depot @ Jun 10 2011, 11:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1851506"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have to login twice every time. Just sayin...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm still having to log in twice since I joined this forum, never had this issue on any other forum board.
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    Ditto.

I'm thinking they want it this way.
    Still the same for me too.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    edited September 2012
    well, this sucks, I now have this problem as well.

It started up after I randomly checked the forums from my phone yesterday.

so, Align's method works, yay for Align!
  • MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
    My experenince has been like this;

I try logging in with the regular login at the top right. It seems to accept my username/password as it doesn't give my any error messages but still doesn't show my username as being logged in. I can do this multiple times with the same effect.
    I then try to reply to a thread and it gives me the page stating that I'm not logged in, so I login on that page and it gets me completely logged in with my username now showing up on the top right like normal.
  • [WHO]Them[WHO]Them You can call me Dave Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10593Members, Constellation
    This is still breaking for me in Chrome.

I login using top-right link. First login seems to apply filtering to what I've read but top-right says I'm not logged in. Second time around using the top-right link to login will work for a short session but will usually be logged back out when I come back to that tab later.
    That happened to me too recently, but just now it remembered me as being logged in the second time.
  • SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation
    Just pointing my head in to say I got the same curse, I'll give the workaround link a whirr but that's somewhat efforty.
  • MobyMoby Join Date: 2009-08-13 Member: 68450Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Got the same problem. Always being logged out after a short while. Its bothering.
  • PetcoPetco Join Date: 2003-07-27 Member: 18478Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1840540:date=Apr 11 2011, 07:39 AM:name=Align)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Align @ Apr 11 2011, 07:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1840540"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Temporary work-around: Attempt to start a new topic or post a reply or something else you need to be logged in to do, and then when you get to the "Sorry, only users can do that" page, log in from there. Worked first try and it's stayed on since I did it that way.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Quoted in case anyone missed the work around. Does it still work or no?
    Nope, does not work for me.

Isn't it obvious here these 'glitches' are in fact meant to be, for whatever reason/s? We may as well get used to it.
  • PetcoPetco Join Date: 2003-07-27 Member: 18478Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1902979:date=Feb 14 2012, 04:01 AM:name=Depot)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Depot @ Feb 14 2012, 04:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1902979"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Nope, does not work for me.

Isn't it obvious here these 'glitches' are in fact meant to be, for whatever reason/s? We may as well get used to it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's disappointing. How frequently are you getting logged off? What browser are you using?

Also welcome back Depot :).
  • [WHO]Them[WHO]Them You can call me Dave Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10593Members, Constellation
    Seems like I haven't been bitten by this in recent memory. Thanks to whomever fixed it.
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1903656:date=Feb 16 2012, 12:34 AM:name=Petco)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Petco @ Feb 16 2012, 12:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1903656"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That's disappointing. How frequently are you getting logged off? What browser are you using?

Also welcome back Depot :).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think it's normal to get logged out after X minutes of inactivity, but I still have to login twice using FF. If I think of it I'll try the Google Chrome browser when I get home (on the iPhone now).

Thanks for the wb!

It makes no difference which browser I use, FF and Chrome both require a double login. Still...
  • MobyMoby Join Date: 2009-08-13 Member: 68450Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2012
    Well I am quite enraged about it already... got the same problem since a year now, that forum does not remember its logins.

And its not about my program to view web sites, its on firefox + chrome + ie + safari, all of them cant get it done, to keep me logined.
    Even on a second computer, same ######...

Why, WHY, is it so... why, WHY, doesnt bother it anyone, not even the site admin.

As I can see in this post, there ARE a lot people having those issues.

It even happens, that you log in, place ur mouse over that sinester disc item for the quadruplemillionth time and set it, and then, want to answer on this post, and guess what, THE FORUM ASKS AGAIN FOR YOUR CREDENTIALS! Hoorah

Is this a issue with cookies? How about the web site admin gives a ###### and try even to look into it. I bet all logs are on, but no log ever helped, when noone looks into it.

Thanx.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    use this page to login: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=login" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=login</a> I had the same bug and it works fine on there.

We will be dumping this forum very soon, sorry for the wait.
  • heartborneheartborne Join Date: 2007-02-21 Member: 60076Members
    I'm not quite sure if this issue was address or not but, the login works in a proper fashion for me JUST now—when before I needed to submit the login form TWICE—I actually thought the problem was on my end (browser/extensions/addon incompatibility).

Thank you
  • WhiteZeroWhiteZero That Guy Join Date: 2004-06-24 Member: 29511Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1957691:date=Aug 5 2012, 11:56 AM:name=Comprox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Comprox @ Aug 5 2012, 11:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1957691"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->use this page to login: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=login" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=login</a> I had the same bug and it works fine on there.

We will be dumping this forum very soon, sorry for the wait.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I still constantly get logged out even after logging in with that URL.

Thank god we're finally moving to a new board soon though.
    <!--quoteo(post=1957691:date=Aug 5 2012, 12:56 PM:name=Comprox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Comprox @ Aug 5 2012, 12:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1957691"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->use this page to login: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=login" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=login</a> I had the same bug and it works fine on there.

We will be dumping this forum very soon, sorry for the wait.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This is a good (temporary) fix, but after trying it I've noticed that no new posts show when you login this way. I'd rather login twice and be able to see what's new since I last logged in.

Thanks.
  • CamronCamron Join Date: 2011-01-06 Member: 76356Members
    This still happens.
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    It will keep happening until the new forums are done.
    edited September 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1982054:date=Sep 23 2012, 11:13 AM:name=Camron)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Camron @ Sep 23 2012, 11:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1982054"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This still happens.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You have the option of using the <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=login" target="_blank">link Comprox provided</a> in an earlier post here. You will only have to login once, you won't get logged out after 'x' amount of minutes, BUT when you first login "View New Posts" will show nothing. To me this is critical, so I live with the issue.