C&C Generals 2.

Konohas Perverted HermitKonohas Perverted Hermit Join Date: 2008-09-26 Member: 65075Members
<div class="IPBDescription">BioWare.</div>So it appears that BioWare is making the new Command and Conquer Generals 2 game. There was a trailer on Spike's VGAs a little bit ago that made me drool and gave me some hope back for the Command and Conquer games to come.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vraQQdd6uWY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vraQQdd6uWY</a>

Discuss

P.S. The longer trailer isn't online anywhere yet so the short will have to do.

Comments

• PaniggPanigg Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58212Members
    Meow.

I dunno... looks kinda nice. Always loved playing C&C. Weirdly I like watching SC2 more than playing it but with C&C it's the other way around.

So what did the long trailer show?
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    Loved CNC:G and CNC:G Zero Hour. Hope this is something similar.
  • Konohas Perverted HermitKonohas Perverted Hermit Join Date: 2008-09-26 Member: 65075Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1889697:date=Dec 10 2011, 08:28 PM:name=Panigg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Panigg @ Dec 10 2011, 08:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1889697"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Meow.

I dunno... looks kinda nice. Always loved playing C&C. Weirdly I like watching SC2 more than playing it but with C&C it's the other way around.

So what did the long trailer show?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

More of this.

<center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OVBvydaqBu4"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OVBvydaqBu4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Heres my bet they ###### it up just like they have nearly the whole cnc franchise (exceptions of generals, 95 and ra). Is this even supposed to be generals? I mean why are there orca-like aircraft, why are gattling tanks beating tanks, and why do the tanks have such a colourful paintjob. So far looks like a horrible attempt to merge all the cnc universes together which is only going to end with watered down factions and watered down gameplay.

Really wish they would stop murdering all the good cnc had.
  • Konohas Perverted HermitKonohas Perverted Hermit Join Date: 2008-09-26 Member: 65075Members
    Since the end of Tiberian Sun, EA has been ruining Command and Conquer. I totally agree a few things look odd, however if BioWare is in charge of it my hope is it wont get butchered to hell and back to make a few bucks on the C&C name stake (which isn't worth anything after C&C4...).
  • konatakonata Join Date: 2011-08-24 Member: 118296Members
    edited December 2011
    I haven't played C&C properly since RA2.. too many were released in succession and the series got watered down to the point in which you see CoD today.. Which game is the new one again? D=

As Konohas said though, with any luck Bioware will push out something that isn't just graphically pleasing but has some actual gameplay to it with that element of soul. We need an RTS with multiplayer that's played that isn't Starcraft, as good as it is, we need something new to stick.

EDIT:

Just read at RPS it's PC Only. I have hope for this game.

<a href="http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/11/biowares-new-game-is-cc-generals-2/" target="_blank">http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/11...-cc-generals-2/</a>
  • MonkfishMonkfish Sonic-boom-inducing buttcheeks of terrifying speed&#33; Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16972Members
    Thanks for ruining C&C, Bioware.
  • TemphageTemphage Join Date: 2009-10-28 Member: 69158Members
    Newsflash: Bioware makes games with bad gameplay.

It's like you all are JUST FINALLY GETTING THIS.
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    But good storytelling. Too bad this is an rts, where storytelling only gets in the way.
  • MonkfishMonkfish Sonic-boom-inducing buttcheeks of terrifying speed&#33; Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16972Members
    Bioware died with Dragon Age.
    Considering that the most touted feature of that game was "everyone and their clothing gets measles whenever they fight," who was surprised by that?
    They should rename themselves to vapor-ware! Heyooooooo!

Yeah, I could've done much better but they don't deserve it anymore.
    Bioshock is brilliant.

Dragon Age can suck my... yeah it's bad.
  • X_StickmanX_Stickman Not good enough for a custom title. Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15533Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1889756:date=Dec 11 2011, 02:51 PM:name=Monkfish)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkfish @ Dec 11 2011, 02:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1889756"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thanks for ruining C&C, Bioware.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You hate CnC3, generals and RA3. How is bioware the one that ruined it?
    We all know that the original Red Alert was the best C&C game and can never be beaten no matter what.
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Wasn't the balance really retarded in that game though?
  • XythXyth Avatar Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22312Members
    Please don't suck... <i>please</i>
    Zero-hour is one of my favorite RTS of all time, don't ruin what few memories I have.
    The only bad thing I can say about BioWare, is that Mass Effect 2's combat system and overall design of the game was way too consoletarded.

<!--quoteo(post=1889837:date=Dec 11 2011, 03:36 PM:name=lolfighter)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lolfighter @ Dec 11 2011, 03:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1889837"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->We all know that the original Red Alert was the best C&C game and can never be beaten no matter what.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I liked Tiberian Dawn (C&C 1) more.

<!--quoteo(post=1889839:date=Dec 11 2011, 03:41 PM:name=Align)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Align @ Dec 11 2011, 03:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1889839"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wasn't the balance really retarded in that game though?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Nah, Red Alert was pretty balanced.
    <!--quoteo(post=1889848:date=Dec 12 2011, 02:11 AM:name=Konohas Perverted Hermit)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Konohas Perverted Hermit @ Dec 12 2011, 02:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1889848"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The only bad thing I can say about BioWare, is that Mass Effect 2's combat system and overall design of the game was way too consoletarded.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Good thing they're not making Generals 2 for console then
    The balancing of one of the cncs was really weird. Nod would always win if they simply turtled after some point, since their scorpion turrets were just way too strong. But that game still was really fun.
    You are thinking of Tiberian Sun, before the Firestorm Expansion pack. Nod could get a few Artillery, some SAMs, Lazer Turrets, Tick Tanks, and an Obelisk of Light and just turtle till they had enough Banshees to rape Power Plants then march in with Cyborgs inside Subterranean APCs and Flame Tanks. Also if you tried to defend against it with EMP cannons, you'd pretty much fark yourself unless you fired them yourself.
  • RobRob Unknown Enemy Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 25Members, NS1 Playtester
    The bad guys always had the best stuff in C&C games. The only exception being GDI having the grenadier. That was enough to fix the entire balancing problem. Five grenadiers could win the game. Like, the same five grenadiers from mission 1 to end game - they'd come out haggard and limping, holding Kane's head like a bowling ball.

I remember being so bad at Red Alert that I'd start skirmishes with AIs and constantly ally with them right before they destroyed me until the point where I was allied with all but one of them. Then realize that I was just awful and quit.

I think it had something to do with that fact that I would just pump out riflemen and send them gloriously to their doom.