Translation seSW.txt

JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
edited November 2011 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Swedish translation - not 100% done</div>I made this a while back and its not by any means complete but I though I would put it up for sweeds to see and fix stuff where its needed.

After reading Syli's topic I decided to upload these despite that Ive send them to Wacko a while back, I tried to keep some stuff like names and such as they are in english cause as Syli said when translated they sound wierd.
Allso for gameplay purposes it would be better to keep some stuff in english for better communication with the commander who might be speaking english over voice chat.

And as Murphy said in the other topic this is a good idea
<!--quoteo(post=1885911:date=Nov 21 2011, 07:13 AM:name=MurphyIdiot)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MurphyIdiot @ Nov 21 2011, 07:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885911"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It would be useful if there was a page with links to these translations on our <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Main_Page" target="_blank">wiki</a>.

I'm just saying ;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
So please help out if you can, and thanks to everyone who continue working on this after me and keep improving it.

Thanks
JIBRAIL

Comments

• basti1337basti1337 Join Date: 2011-05-13 Member: 98538Members
    This kind of thread belongs to the NS2 modding forum I guess... Also I'd say that all those translation projects or ns2-mods should be developed at <a href="http://github.com" target="_blank">github</a> to allow easy tracking of changes and the possibility for everyone to contribute.
    Anyways, good work!
  • ForssForss Join Date: 2011-10-30 Member: 130180Members
    Read through the beginning, here are some pointers.

MOVE = "Rörelse"

I think "GÃ¥" makes more sense.

STOP = "Stopp"

I think "Halt" might fit better depending on the context.

RED_SQUAD = "Röd squad"

Sounds okay but a bit unnecessary Swenglish, "Grupp röd"

SEEK_AND_DESTROY = "Sök och förstör"

"Rensa" would be the correct translation but might not be clear enough.

HARASS = "Harass"

"Reta" is the closest I can come up with.

RECYCLE = "Ã…tervinna"

Should be changed to "Ã…tervinn".
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    edited November 2011
    Thanks for the pointers

I changed

MOVE
    STOP
    Squad color
    Recycle

left harass as I feel there are no other words close to that I came up with "reta" but it kinda didnt "feel" right, I left out seek and destroy as it is to be clear for the player.

Again thanks for the pointers and feel free to read through it some more and come up with other stuff and I will fix them, as this was something I put together very fast and I am sure there are lots of other mistakes here and there but I dont have the time to go through it all as I am working on some other stuff now.
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Done a more liberal translation, though I also fixed a lot of typos and other errors. Had a lot of fun with compound words, "Command station upgrades" -> "Befälsstationsuppgraderingar" (which is totally correct, but I'm not sure it should be used)!
    It's in the style of old games like Dungeon Keeper or Syndicate Wars, I really enjoyed how funny the terms looked when accurately translated to my native tongue. So they're not really convenient for official use, and more for fans.
    I may have gotten carried away:
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->SKULK = "Smyga"
    GORGE = "Sluka"
    LERK = "Lura"
    FADE = "Bleka"
    ONOS = "Ã…nejs"<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

Some completely serious changes are contained herein though.[attachment=36028:seSW.txt]
    edited November 2011
    Thanx for continuing my work Align, but I advice you to keep the class names as they are in english to avoid confusion especially when players from diffrent countries play on the same server
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Yeah I know, hence my comment about it not being convenient for official use.
  • konatakonata Join Date: 2011-08-24 Member: 118296Members
    What about putting more relevant terms with the literal translation next to them?

<SK Word> (Literal English/Literal Swedish)
    Something like
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->ADVANCED_ARMORY_UPGRADE = "Uppgradera till Avancerad Arsenal (Advanced Armory)"<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
    ?
    edited November 2011
    hmm that might be good
  • K'joyK'joy Join Date: 2011-08-23 Member: 118150Members
    Harass = Trakassera

Tease = Reta
  • TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1885974:date=Nov 21 2011, 06:29 PM:name=Align)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Align @ Nov 21 2011, 06:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1885974"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->ONOS = "Ã…nejs"<!--c2--></div><!--ec2--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<3
  • BitPonBitPon Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75104Members
    Rifle should probably be translated into "maskingevär". "Gevär" feels a little arbitrary...
  • ForssForss Join Date: 2011-10-30 Member: 130180Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1886396:date=Nov 24 2011, 12:29 AM:name=BitPon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BitPon @ Nov 24 2011, 12:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1886396"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Rifle should probably be translated into "maskingevär". "Gevär" feels a little arbitrary...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

But it isn't a "maskingevär" (machine gun), it's is a "gevär" (rifle) of the type "automatkarbin" (assault rifle).
  • BitPonBitPon Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75104Members
    I never made "lumpen" thus my lack of insight... But then I prefer "automatkarbin" to "gevär". Let me explain why... in swedish, since i'm in a hurry:

Svenskan är ett väldigt exakt språk jämfört med engelskan, ord med många olika betydelser låter sig inte lika lätt användas i vårt språk. Man måste i mycket högre grad precisera vad man menar för att det inte ska bli fel. Jämför:

"Göran sköt Fredrik med ett gevär"

"Goran shot Fredrik with a rifle"

I engelskan känns det helt rimligt att Göran hade en automatkarbin, ett jaktgevär, krypskyttegevär eller vilket slags vapen som helst som kräver två händer. I svenskan däremot skulle nog de flesta, tror jag, bli väldigt förvånade om det rörde sig om något annat än ett jaktgevär. Det finns nog en viss kulturell skillnad här också... svenska gevär används ju i regel för att skjuta älgar medan amerikanska oftare används för att skjuta människor (därav känns det naturligare att ett "rifle" kan vara ett "assault rifle").
    edited November 2011
    Ditto for never having done "lumpen", so yeah "karbin" might be a better word.
    Though it would be easiest to translate if we had some lore on the marine rifle, does it even have a name yet? Apart from "LMG".