Decoda News Update - Decoda 1.16 released

MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
Please post comments on the topic Decoda News Update - Decoda 1.16 released here

Comments

• rgbDreamerrgbDreamer Join Date: 2011-10-02 Member: 125190Members
    I haven't had any of the fixed issues, but it's great to see continued development. Thanks Max!
  • MaximilienMaximilien Join Date: 2011-02-25 Member: 83395Members
    I've occasionally had those two:

# Fixed crash bug when evaluating some expressions in the Watch window due to not expanding the Lua stack
    # Addressed bug where Decoda would hang the first time you launched it on some machines

I haven't specifically stress-tested the first one so I can't say if all hangs I previously experienced are solved by that fix, especially in multi-threaded scenarii.

However, the first-time hang seems to have disappeared. This appears also to have solved a strange issue that somehow seemed to be Decoda-related: After having launched Decoda, it could happen that a single entry from a menu shown by another application would remain displayed permanently on the desktop, even after the application was closed. Weird, but I don't remember havig seen this if I didn't launch Decoda first.

Now, if I can be a nag, the new 'display whitespace' option is cool (I remember having requested it at some point), but makes the code pretty unreadable when active because it uses the default text color instead of a dedicated color.
    In Visual Express I set a color a shade lighter than the background so as to make it barely visible while not interfering with the rest of the text. In Decoda, all those high-contrast whitespace dots and arrows make the text hard to read when the option is active. But then maybe that's just me.

Anyway, KUTGW :-).
  • ZycaRZycaR Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8263Members
    Will be Decoda 1.16 included into NS2 (at least for NS2:SE ?)
    Right now I have 1.16 in trial, but from NS2 launch pad I can run only 1.15 - previous build.

I'm just checking, if it will be included into NS2 ... or I need to buy license copy of decoda to be able to use latest version.

For me the $50 isn't much ... just asking to be sure :)

- ZycaR -
  • MaxMax Technical Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment Join Date: 2002-03-15 Member: 318Super Administrators, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1884859:date=Nov 13 2011, 02:35 PM:name=ZycaR)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ZycaR @ Nov 13 2011, 02:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1884859"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm just checking, if it will be included into NS2 ... or I need to buy license copy of decoda to be able to use latest version.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It will be included in the next release.
  • ZycaRZycaR Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8263Members
    great news .. thank you very much !