Is my laptop enough for ns 2 (beta)

sebusebu Join Date: 2011-09-21 Member: 122375Members
Hey, im a former ns1player and have beenfollowing ns2 developing ever since the scene died. My current laptop has iss asus N53S I5-2410M 2.3ghz dual (2.9 turbo b) GPU Nvidia Geforce GT 540M (1M) (this years model) and that crap optimus is disabled. I can run sc2 on high 60-70 and on ultra whit stable 40 fps. But question is, can i play ns2 beta or is it the engine still too rough and not so playable on low end pc:s? Ill buy finished product no matter what, but can u say is it playable right now whi my specs or would it be just one hell of a framerate lag. I'm buying it now if ill get confirmation that i can run it smoothly! (=

Comments

• sebusebu Join Date: 2011-09-21 Member: 122375Members
    edited September 2011
    hahaha what typos, Gad im not that ######head and my grammar isnt that bad :D. I just have been sitting allday in final ex on school so my head isn't functioning that properly...
  • NixxenNixxen Join Date: 2004-02-11 Member: 26401Members
    Running the current build on your laptop will work, but it will be far from fluent.
    That said, in the current build(185) most people have problems with FPS drops(apart from a few with insane CPUs).

A laptop in general isn't the best option for current generation gaming no matter how you approach it though and I'd strongly advice you to get a decent stationary PC and use the laptop for older games and school/work.
  • sebusebu Join Date: 2011-09-21 Member: 122375Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1876070:date=Sep 21 2011, 06:03 AM:name=Nixxen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nixxen @ Sep 21 2011, 06:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1876070"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Running the current build on your laptop will work, but it will be far from fluent.
    That said, in the current build(185) most people have problems with FPS drops(apart from a few with insane CPUs).

A laptop in general isn't the best option for current generation gaming no matter how you approach it though and I'd strongly advice you to get a decent stationary PC and use the laptop for older games and school/work.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah, thats generally what i tought. Well have to see then will i try the beta, I think i should wait for the final product. The ready engine will have values to set (low-high). Even if it isnt playable then I will buy it just to support UW, they gave me so much in ns1 and didnt buy the collectors ed. (whatever it was). Will see how it works out then i guess.
  • CygoneCygone Join Date: 2011-05-29 Member: 101528Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1876070:date=Sep 21 2011, 12:03 PM:name=Nixxen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nixxen @ Sep 21 2011, 12:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1876070"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Running the current build on your laptop will work, but it will be far from fluent.

A laptop in general isn't the best option for current generation gaming no matter how you approach it though and I'd strongly advice you to get a decent stationary PC and use the laptop for older games and school/work.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

QFT,

Your laptop will run it yes, it will not be the best experiance. The current build 185 is harsh on most peoples computers so it will be optimised to run better.

Personnally I would buy it regardless, if you will as per your statement buy the retail version, why not buy it now, get the beta, if it works, BONUS!