No Servers found

MajinMajin Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16829Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">0 servers in server list in game</div>Hi,
I recently reinstalled Steam and NS2, upon connecting to NS2 and clicking Join, there are no servers in the list for me.
I verified my files under Steam to make sure that the game was intact.
I made sure that my firewall wasn't blocking the the game and even went so far as to manually allow NS2, and STEAM to make sure the firewall wasn't blocking, I even turned the firewall completely off.
This still didn't fix my missing server list in game...
So I by passed my router and connected my PC directly to my modem, Still there are no servers listed in NS2 under the server list.
I figured maybe it's laggy and it is taking a few mins to populate... 10 mins of waiting and still no server list.

Anyone know what could be the problem here?

Comments

• MajinMajin Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16829Members, Constellation
    I found a way to solve this problem.. I think there was something missing from my firewall or something.... not really sure how it fixed its self but this is what i did...

I started NS2 and created a game, after a min of black screen the game started and I was in the maps RR. I pulled up the join menu to see if I could see my server listed and to my surprise all NS2 servers were there.

:)
  • TekoppenTekoppen Join Date: 2008-02-05 Member: 63584Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I've had a friend with similar problem but I just told him to connect via Steam Friends and it worked.

I can't see how this would help you with your problem but I guess you still can connect via console?
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    I get this problem when running the game at certain resolutions.
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Start a server of your own, then check the server- oh, you already solved it yourself.
  • Cyberwarrior00785Cyberwarrior00785 Join Date: 2010-02-20 Member: 70651Members
    i have the same issue the thing is creating my own server fixes it but when i restart ns2 i have to do it all over again
  • TheJimTheJim Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34080Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1867340:date=Aug 8 2011, 09:20 AM:name=Cyberwarrior00785)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cyberwarrior00785 @ Aug 8 2011, 09:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1867340"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i have the same issue the thing is creating my own server fixes it but when i restart ns2 i have to do it all over again<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Exactly the same issue here. Gets a tad annoying hehe.
  • BJHBnade_spammerBJHBnade_spammer Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42431Members
    the thing that i found recently is sometimes it takes longer for the server list to start populating. dont know what is causing it
    <!--quoteo(post=1867383:date=Aug 8 2011, 01:08 PM:name=BJHBnade_spammer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BJHBnade_spammer @ Aug 8 2011, 01:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1867383"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->the thing that i found recently is sometimes it takes longer for the server list to start populating. dont know what is causing it<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I left running for an hour while i went shopping, still didn't load :D

For now it seems, everytime I run NS2 I have to create a server to get the list to load. Oh well, they will fix it at some point. Only a minor annoyance :D
  • vizioNzvizioNz InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24595Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    It sounds like you might have an issue in terms of your Firewall. Create an exception for NS2.exe with your Firewall software. What NS2 is trying to do is communicate outside your firewall and retrieve a list of servers. Your computer is creating a "Wall", not allowing NS2.exe to do this.

I had this issue and created an exception in AVG Internet Security and I have been A-OKAY ever since.
    edited August 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1867414:date=Aug 8 2011, 02:53 PM:name=vizionz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vizionz @ Aug 8 2011, 02:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1867414"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It sounds like you might have an issue in terms of your Firewall. Create an exception for NS2.exe with your Firewall software. What NS2 is trying to do is communicate outside your firewall and retrieve a list of servers. Your computer is creating a "Wall", not allowing NS2.exe to do this.

I had this issue and created an exception in AVG Internet Security and I have been A-OKAY ever since.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Been through that several times, really doesn't make a difference for me at all. Simple terms of narrowing it down, NS2 is the only game I own out of several that use the net and NS2 is the only 1 with a problem, so it feels more like a random bug in the game. What causes? sodded if I know, just unlucky to get hit by it hehe.

Edit: As of build 184 this is no longer a problem for me, works fully.