Auto pick up weapon

BamBam!BamBam! Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104527Members
I wasn't sure where to post this because it's not really a bug but something of an annoyance.

I was using the lmg and when I ran over a shotgun (by accident, I didn't see it) it automatically picked up the shotty. Normally that wouldn't be too bad but I was just about to take on a skulk and so instead of blasting away I ended up clicking away with a shotgun with no ammo in the chamber. Had to reload it and died. Does this always happen (auto pick up) and if so it'd be nice to have a choice to pick up via drop gun.

I may have pressed the 'G' key by mistake. Unlikely but wanted to see if this had happened to anyone else

Comments

• HakujinHakujin Join Date: 2003-05-09 Member: 16157Members, Constellation
    Agreed - it should be a client side option.
  • Taxen0Taxen0 Join Date: 2010-07-30 Member: 73357Members
    edited July 2011
    Currently you will take up weapons automatically, this have however already been fixed and will be be changed with the next patch.
    you will have to aim at the weapon and press a key to take it.
  • BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1862114:date=Jul 21 2011, 07:16 AM:name=Taxen0)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Taxen0 @ Jul 21 2011, 07:16 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1862114"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Currently you will take up weapons automatically, this have however already been fixed and will be be changed with the next patch.
    you will have to aim at the weapon and press a key to take it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Hopefully the weapons don't fall inside buildings or such.

I think at least in NS1 the preferred system would've been that you autopickup a gun when you don't have anything in your main weapon slot. That way you can kind of 'search' places by walking over them. If the physics are consistent enough to keep the weaps visible all the time the key triggered alternative isn't bad either.
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1862114:date=Jul 21 2011, 02:16 AM:name=Taxen0)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Taxen0 @ Jul 21 2011, 02:16 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1862114"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Currently you will take up weapons automatically, this have however already been fixed and will be be changed with the next patch.
    you will have to aim at the weapon and press a key to take it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Excellent. Saves me the trouble of modding the behavior in. It also makes much more sense if the rifle is to be used throughout a round instead of being a throwaway weapon.
  • WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    I'd also like to see some way of highlighting the dropped weapons on the ground. I often don't see them unless I look really closely.
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    I hope it has auto-pickup if you dropped your weapon, but would not like if it auto-switch to the picked up weapon.