What is your favorite team, and why?

UzrbitalUzrbital Join Date: 2011-07-04 Member: 107858Members, Reinforced - Shadow
My favorite team is the Kharaa because they're dependent (sorta) on stealth. I love ambushing marines with vents and hollow areas in the ceiling. It's just so win... My favorite class(es) is skulk, lerk and fade. Never really liked the gorge, but he's cool too.

Comments

• WilsonWilson Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72867Members
    Yeah, I like the aliens better because it's more of a challenge. It's so satisfying when you manage to sneak up and kill a few marines as skulk. It's also just more fun moving around the map and ducking in and out of vents.
  • Quantum_SingularityQuantum_Singularity Join Date: 2007-04-01 Member: 60539Members
    so your favourite classes in alien are skulk, lerk and fade? lol thats like me saying my favourite marine weapon is a gun..

if we narrow it down to a specific item i'd say my favourite aspect of the game is being a marine comm. Only if the team actually follow waypoints that is.
  • Taxen0Taxen0 Join Date: 2010-07-30 Member: 73357Members
    I enjoy playing the skulk most of all.
  • ZycaRZycaR Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8263Members
    gorge ... definitely
    small ... cute ... and capable of belly-slide ...
  • MastodonMastodon Old Fogie Join Date: 2003-01-09 Member: 12052Members, Constellation
    Marines for me.

I like the military aspect and I like to shoot stuff.
  • TagertsweTagertswe Join Date: 2010-03-04 Member: 70825Members
    Lerk for me :)
    I like flying around causing havoc :D
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    Whichever team has dinosaurs.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Spec, cause I can see you and you can't see me :O
  • ShiloriusShilorius Join Date: 2011-01-14 Member: 77445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Alien commander.

I build my stuff witout having to nurse the other team members (like marine commanders do) and I am the eye and the ear of the team whyle the team is my eye and my ear.

I am on the one hand independent and can build my stuff without any help and on the other hand dependent of a groge who maintains the buildings and lifeforms.

summary:
    It's the duality which I like of the alien commander :-)
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    clearly alien. Unique feeling no other fps has. I love it :)
  • NixxenNixxen Join Date: 2004-02-11 Member: 26401Members
    Personally i like marine the most.
    I do like the unique feeling of the Kharaa, but melee just isn't my style. I point at stuff and make it dead. Like a wizard, but with guns.
    Can you imagine if a wizard had to run up and bite people before casting? They'd be dead before they managed to say frost bolt. Not that they could say that with their mouth full either way...
    That's pretty much how well I do when playing melee characters.
  • GrapeVineGrapeVine Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58803Members
    Marine is more fun, it's always fun to fire guns and try to improve your aim and not having to have an ugly yellow nightvision on all the time.

I'm not saying aliens isn't fun though.
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    I'd have to say Aliens. Their movement is more interesting and they aren't your a-typical standard shooter classes. It comes across as having more options to me.
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    Marine because nothing beats stabbing aliens with bullets.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Alien because of the gorge (well not the current very limited gorge), and mobility. Probably 80%+ I will play alien.

Sometimes Marine because you work more closely as a team and it can be more thrilling than playing aliens. I don't really like the feel of marine weapons and I'm so bad at shooting because of lag and low fps so usually end up not being much help to the team.
  • UzrbitalUzrbital Join Date: 2011-07-04 Member: 107858Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It came out wrong by saying that my favorite classes as alien is skulk, lerk and fade. Honestly, I mostly play as skulk, and I enjoy it.
  • kyliegirlkyliegirl Gorge Master Australia Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10586Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    gorge - I absolutely loves ns gorges ability to build everything. I still love gorge in ns2 but I am sad I cannot play a full game as one anymore due to lack of utility.

Skulks are fun too, my most fav maps are one with vents and I love to use vents and sneak around above marines.. It is so much fun!

I love playing kharaa, they are very unique and have a completely different playstyle to the other fps games out there.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1861963:date=Jul 20 2011, 01:27 PM:name=Shilorius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shilorius @ Jul 20 2011, 01:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1861963"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Alien commander.

I build my stuff witout having to nurse the other team members (like marine commanders do) and I am the eye and the ear of the team whyle the team is my eye and my ear.

I am on the one hand independent and can build my stuff without any help and on the other hand dependent of a groge who maintains the buildings and lifeforms.

summary:
    It's the duality which I like of the alien commander :-)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i also like alien comm best! also multiple comms work better on alien side in my experience, if the others
    are not completely jerks.
  • Shrike3OShrike3O Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6678Members, Constellation
    I always say "I wanna go Marines, but they're full..." and then end up saying "I love being a Skulk." Honestly, I don't think I have a preferred side.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Skulk us just cool. I will never forget how i killed 3 Marines at SA just by sneaking around on the celling and dit not took damage.
    It was a moment you wish you had recorded it...
    Best melee gameplay (after NS1) I ever had!