Just one small annoyance with end of game scores.

JimBob_UKJimBob_UK Join Date: 2010-04-09 Member: 71233Members
Wouldn't it be better if the scores didnt reset until the next round started instead of when the game ends. That way when in the ready room everyone can compare scores, brag etc. Loving build 179 btw. Can't wait for 180.

Comments

• assbdaassbda Join Date: 2011-05-02 Member: 96737Members
    take a screeny for the people who care.

ego much?
  • IcemanUnlimitedIcemanUnlimited Join Date: 2011-06-26 Member: 106516Members
    I haven't purchased the game yet so I don't know: Currently, how much time does it give you to look at the scoreboard before it is reset?
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1856569:date=Jun 26 2011, 03:38 PM:name=IcemanUnlimited)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IcemanUnlimited @ Jun 26 2011, 03:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1856569"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I haven't purchased the game yet so I don't know: Currently, how much time does it give you to look at the scoreboard before it is reset?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not long, maybe 5s or so. Being able to check/see other people's scores after a match would be nice, but I don't see it as a priority for UWE. More likely, someone would probably have to make a server mod or hlxstats-type program to do this.
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I was checking the scoreboard at the end of the game today, and was a little disappointed when it was wiped clean two seconds later. I think it should remain until a new round starts.
  • xVisionsxVisions Join Date: 2009-07-03 Member: 68021Members
    edited June 2011
    Solutions:

-Have the scoreboard appear on the screen 5 seconds after "Your team has won the Game" - leave it there for 15 seconds or so.

-When it places everyone back in the ready room=> "Next round will start in 2 minutes" - lock joining teams and give everyone a chance to get a drink/restroom. obv server can change duration of lock time.
  • JimBob_UKJimBob_UK Join Date: 2010-04-09 Member: 71233Members
    just need to reset scores on round start not round end, no?
  • SgtHydraSgtHydra Join Date: 2007-11-29 Member: 63046Members
    Unless you're playing free-for-all deathmatch, personal scores do not matter.

NS2 is about teamwork, not how many kills you can rack up.

If you want to play CoD or Halo, go play CoD or Halo.
    NS2 just ain't that kinda game.
    So many negative vibes in this forum. Implying that anyone with a decent score is playing a "deathmatch" style of game-play is a little harsh. Besides kills make res.
  • Taxen0Taxen0 Join Date: 2010-07-30 Member: 73357Members
    edited June 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1856866:date=Jun 28 2011, 10:20 AM:name=JimBob_UK)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JimBob_UK @ Jun 28 2011, 10:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1856866"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So many negative vibes in this forum.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree that some people act a bit too "hardcore". I personally don't care about score, as this is a team game and I usually take it upon myself to play support.

However it should not take many many minutes to change the "clear score" event to run when a new game starts or increase the timer.
    So if it makes some ppl happy why not? are you guys who simply "NO!" affected by this in a negative way?
    edited June 2011
    Don't get me wrong. I do agree with Sgt Hydras point of team work. I also play my fair share of support roles. It probably would help if kills were removed from the scoreboard. Just leaving score, deaths, and personal res. But if they are to stay, I think it would be nice to have a look after the end of a game.