Anti blink ability/building for marines

JowJow Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106032Members
At the moment (IMO) Fades can just bypass base defences and do whatever they like far too easily as they can just blink away, so it would be nice if the marines could either have an activated ability or a passive building ability that prevents Fades from using their blink, which would actually make it dangerous for fades to go Rambo into a marine base.

Comments

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    There was a progress list task that said Observatory's scan can reveal Fades in blink (trailing effect).
  • OutlawDrOutlawDr Join Date: 2009-06-21 Member: 67887Members
    edited June 2011
    Doors too.

No seriously doors.

Everyone is playing summit right now, and summit has no doors. Doors would be an effect way to hinder fade movement and stop letting them have their way with the entire map. Doors won't stop the "flow" of the map, but would limit the angles fades can attack marine positions.
  • xVisionsxVisions Join Date: 2009-07-03 Member: 68021Members
    Flamethrower sort of already gimps them pretty hard. So, at this point i dont know
  • rhombusrhombus Lerk Queen Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106055Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Kind of beats the purpose of flamethrowing the fade when no one's in base and no one has one majority of the round. :P
  • l3lessedl3lessed Join Date: 2010-06-07 Member: 71977Members
    I think the Obs could easily fill this roll. either as a passive ability, an upgrade, a scan, or any combination of these.

However, it would be nice if the fade didn't just decloak, but instead had some sort of black cloud outline that could still be attacked. It would just look much better and help marines more easily identify fades currently blinking vs ones that aren't.
  • Pr0nPr0n Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13592Members
    Honestly, with how nerfed the Flamerthrower is now, I would prefer seeing the fade not be able to use blink at all while on fire. Have you seen how long it takes 1 flamethrower to kill a fade? I like the "Teamwork" aspect this would add - "I've got the fade lit up, you guys have to go all mortal kombat style and FINISH HIM!"

Flamethrower should add a damage buff as well so while a building is on fire it takes more damage. 1 flamethrower+1 grenade launcher should kill a structure faster than 2x gls or 2x flamethrowers, again adding to the Teamwork aspect.