Turret seems to be oldfashioned

Classic319Classic319 Join Date: 2010-11-06 Member: 74789Members
edited June 2011 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">miss turrets at NS1</div>I love the idea that turret has own direction and distance of firing just like Company Of Heroes, but don't you guys think that it looks and works too oldfashioned? I'd rather choose the turret of NS1 that is much more SF-like and worked and even sounded really good.

If you devs don't wanna let the turret of NS2 down, why don't you just take both of them? The current turret of NS2 with more powerful(also with some disadvantages: costs more or fires slower), and also the all-rounded turret around Robotics Factory like NS1 to assist the other turret or buildings but less powerful. Just to defense the base.

The current one is still good, but i don't like to see those current turrets needed to be just a bit abused to assist other turret, and again and again. It's just like chain, and it doesn't fit in my opinion for SF game.

Significantly, this doesn't mean to take current turret off, but just to add the other one, MODERN-LOOKED turret just like NS1

Comments

• RokiyoRokiyo A.K.A. .::FeX::. Revenge Join Date: 2002-10-10 Member: 1471Members, Constellation
    Personally I prefer the newer turrets. The short barrels and tall tripods on the old turrets made them feel less sturdy than the current ones.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    edited June 2011
    I prefer NS2 turrets. What I don't like about them is the jerkiness when they spot an enemy, and how the firing flash effect doesn't work well (same as other weapons). It would be cool if they had a visible blue laser sight which shows up when they spot an enemy, so nearby marines can see where the attack came from. And for such a massive gun the sound is surprisingly soft.
  • xVisionsxVisions Join Date: 2009-07-03 Member: 68021Members
    It would also be a nice touch if they had a bit more trace effect on the bullets so you could see where it was shooting better
  • SomeMiceDrinkingTeaSomeMiceDrinkingTea Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103818Members
    How about being able to upgrade turrets with laser targeting systems; giving them more accuracy, longer range and making it easier for marines to see what/where they are shooting at.
  • ZurikiZuriki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75105Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1854494:date=Jun 19 2011, 04:48 PM:name=SomeMiceDrinkingTea)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SomeMiceDrinkingTea @ Jun 19 2011, 04:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1854494"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How about being able to upgrade turrets with laser targeting systems; giving them more accuracy, longer range and making it easier for marines to see what/where they are shooting at.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No.
  • SomeMiceDrinkingTeaSomeMiceDrinkingTea Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103818Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1854543:date=Jun 19 2011, 08:16 PM:name=Zuriki)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zuriki @ Jun 19 2011, 08:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1854543"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok :(
  • Vladimir Van VodkaVladimir Van Vodka Sexy Beast Join Date: 2010-07-30 Member: 73364Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Zuriki is a global authority;
    Firstly: If he wanted your opinion he would have given one to you.
    Secondly: you are not allowed to convey your opinions on a forum, or the internet for that matter.
    <i>now shut up and give him your money.</i>