NS2HD Calendar

HughHugh CameramanSan Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
edited May 2011 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">To tell me what you want me to do</div>Hi everyone!

I'm coming out of the social media stone age (I think) and trying to start using some new tools to help me promote NS2. One of them is a Google Calendar which I am hoping will allow anyone to propose an 'NS2HD' event (Such as a clan match you'd like me to record and cast). Because NS2 doesn't have a replay editor yet, scheduling is key, and a calendar might help!

<a href="https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=ns2hd%40live.com.au&ctz=Australia/Sydney" target="_blank">Click here to see it</a>

Are there any Google Calendar gurus out there who could tell me what settings I need to use to allow people to be able to propose events on this calendar?

EDIT: And if someone could tell me if Google Calendar auto converts timezones (I.e. if you are GMT, and propose an event at 1am GMT, does that event pop up on the calendar from my perspective as 11am GMT +10? Or do I get it as 1am GMT +10?)

Comments

• PaiSandPaiSand Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33487Members
    Events shown in time zone: Eastern Time - Melbourne, Sydney
  • CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation
    With a bit of trial and error you can amend the URL to your timezone.

eg: <a href="https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=ns2hd%40live.com.au&ctz=GMT" target="_blank">https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=n....au&ctz=GMT</a> <-- GMT
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Does anyone understand the process I have to get through to make this calendar open for event requests? Do people have to log in with their google account or something? Also if anyone knows a better alternative, let me know.
  • Vladimir Van VodkaVladimir Van Vodka Sexy Beast Join Date: 2010-07-30 Member: 73364Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Dont mean to disrespect your continued core effort to promote NS2; NS2 HD, but I would strongly suggest placing this thread instead in the NS2-E team section of the forums.

but I guess general discussion is vague enough, I dont really know.
    :)
  • vlncvlnc Join Date: 2010-09-07 Member: 73921Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1849152:date=May 30 2011, 10:41 AM:name=NS2HD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NS2HD @ May 30 2011, 10:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1849152"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Does anyone understand the process I have to get through to make this calendar open for event requests? Do people have to log in with their google account or something? Also if anyone knows a better alternative, let me know.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If google calendar is the same as google documents, you need to share it to gmail account or put it public (bad idea maybe ?).

I think you should only give access to clan leader.

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->
    go in google calendar
    in "My calendar", click on the little arrow near "NS2HD events"
    click on "share this calendar"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • Dickbeard the PirateDickbeard the Pirate Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73082Awaiting Authorization
    I'm dubious as to whether it's really a great idea to promote this game when there is still a lot of work that needs to be done.

First impressions are EVERYTHING.

When we get closer to a 1.0 release, however, it would be more positive.
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    Would be nice if UWE could add one to the this site and assign user groups of the people scheduling the events. Kinda like the wiki is set up or even integrate it into the wiki.
  • vlncvlnc Join Date: 2010-09-07 Member: 73921Members, Squad Five Blue
    Hugh, I still can't create event on your agenda.

If you added me to share, I don't know what is not working :/
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1849331:date=Jun 1 2011, 12:17 AM:name=vlnc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vlnc @ Jun 1 2011, 12:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1849331"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hugh, I still can't create event on your agenda.

If you added me to share, I don't know what is not working :/<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Neither... I'll have to look into it in detail on the weekend. Hmm... We need a Google Calendar Guru!

Vladimir you are right, I am a naughty boy, perhaps a mod can move it?

I really want to get this working. If we can get casting infrastructure like this in place and working well now, we will be better able to show off NS2 when it does start approaching v1.0.
  • philaeuxphilaeux Join Date: 2011-05-22 Member: 100121Awaiting Authorization
    This is for you NS2HD : <a href="http://philaeux.ns5-wistee.fr/ns2gather/public/index.php" target="_blank">NS2gather</a>
    People who want to be cast can add their events on this site (ask for the password).
    Hope this will be usefull.

philaeux
  • zastelszastels Join Date: 2003-11-29 Member: 23731Members
    I'm working on finishing my map layout so it can be tested for gameplay issues. It is just the layout , I want to make sure it is solid before adding details.

Maybe you could organize a map play testing thing for everyone. Showoff some of the upcoming stuff, share your thoughts on it,