Any AMXX developers still out there?

SliceSlice Join Date: 2008-03-19 Member: 63903Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Anti-Turtle plugin</div>From: <a href="http://www.nsmod.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=22073" target="_blank">http://www.nsmod.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=22073</a>

I wish we had a plugin that would allow aliens to start a vote to destroy the hive on turtle games so they can redrop the hive and get the 3rd chamber.

There could be an announcement to marines that the alien team has "sacrificed" their hive and are temporarily vulnerable. It would be a marine decision to either rush now and try to kill the 1 hive aliens before 2nd hive rebuilt and they got 3rd chamber or to carry on with the turtle and fight 3 chamber aliens.

Maybe something as simple as the aliens have to type /sacrifice and the plugin checks that they are on the alien team and if so, accepts the vote. Then either kill the hive or turn on FF for 90 seconds.

Comments

• spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    Hm, no idea. That being said, I thought the nsmod forums were the best place for that. Last I checked people still filtered through.
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    yeah cause bad needs more plugins on the server

and the third chamber totally helps against turtle marines

but yeah go to mod ns

OR

just turn on tournament mode, games limited to 45 minutes and the winner is the team that collects the most amount of res (cough aliens)
  • DepotDepot The ModFather Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7956Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1841128:date=Apr 15 2011, 10:28 PM:name=spellman23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spellman23 @ Apr 15 2011, 10:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1841128"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hm, no idea. That being said, I thought the nsmod forums were the best place for that. Last I checked people still filtered through.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It still gets plenty of hits, but you're not going to have much luck getting NEW plugins made for NS1, for obvious reasons.
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    it's almost like they should use the functionality the game already possesses to make a reasonable end to turtles

turtles can be really fun, especially when you get the whole marine team working as a team with good coordination

just wait for the onos rush, and then push HARD after you beat it back, kill a hive and moral

also when your on the alien team and you manage to hive rush / que camp the rines it's extremely satisfying

If Asmo was around and you asked nicely I bet he could hammer said plugin out in 5 min max
  • bl1tzbl1tz Join Date: 2007-12-23 Member: 63242Members
    i've been suggesting something like this forever.
    it would be pretty neat if you could turn friendly fire on for just the hive after x amount of minutes.