NS Public Servers 2011

alephaleph Join Date: 2007-10-12 Member: 62620Members
What NS classic servers do you play in?

Comments

• radforChristradforChrist USA Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6871Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    BAD is about all that's left in the US. There are some majorly fun games, and some absolutely horrific ones.

A warning on what to expect:

A lot of really skilled players have turned to just griefing, stacking, mocking, etc. The sad part is, a good portion of them used to be really great players and people. Some I used to enjoy playing with. Now, it's about all going marines and destroying the other team, or maybe drawing out a game that everyone knows the outcome of until the losing team F4s, etc. This isn't all the time, but often enough to be aware.

There are many who aren't like that, but like in real life, it's the silent majority. Games can still be fun, and when the waves of "pros" come through, if you wait it out, it gets better. Sometimes, it backfires, and those games often end humorously.

There are a couple of European servers, ABLE and one other, I believe, but my ping is too high, or they're full, so I can't give too much on their play-style.

Hope that helps!
  • marsvinmarsvin Join Date: 2011-03-22 Member: 87920Members
    Speaking for the EU, and yeah Able is the only one that still consistently has a good number of players. There's a few others that appear to, but they're full of bots. Oh and there's also a Russian one that's fairly active I think but I never go on there, can't understand anyone ;)

I only play maybe twice a week these days but the atmosphere generally is great. Don't see much in the way of deliberate griefing and such. They do run siege and other "fun" custom maps too often for my taste but hey that's just me.