Getting money back

mobettamobetta Join Date: 2010-07-23 Member: 72693Banned
<div class="IPBDescription">Just Wondering</div>My friend would buy but he was wondering if he hates it if he could get his money back? So does unknown worlds do refunds?

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    If your friend hates a movie...does he ask for a refund?
  • OPIEOPIE Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8343Members
    They do, do refunds. There is just one guy handling all of that on top of everything else.

However if your friend is skeptical I would wait until at least build 171 because there are supposedly some nice performance fixes coming with that patch. UWE is on a every other Tuesday schedule with patches. I think this Tuesday is patch day.
  • mobettamobetta Join Date: 2010-07-23 Member: 72693Banned
    edited April 2011
    <!--coloro:#FFA500--><span style="color:#FFA500"><!--/coloro-->I have no idea what you thought you were doing, but don't do it here.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • OPIEOPIE Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8343Members
  • kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
    I would suggest he wait.

I am sure he could get his money back.

But if he tried it over your house and he is not sure, then he should wait until it is more complete.
    Part of the fun right now is watching them make it.

They are very driven and a very talented group and they are very chill about it.

Show him the tools if he is a mapper.
    The tools are quite impressive.
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    allthough u have the right to, I just hate this mindset thing where most people want refund, do people ask for refund say from steam??? dont buy now buy later is better than buying now but u allready got ur mind set on getting ur money back at some point later.
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    edited April 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1840247:date=Apr 8 2011, 03:51 AM:name=kingmob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingmob @ Apr 8 2011, 03:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1840247"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Part of the fun right now is watching them make it.

They are very driven and a very talented group and they are very chill about it.

Show him the tools if he is a mapper.
    The tools are quite impressive.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Lies, lies, and more lies!<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Could you sense the sarcasm?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--quoteo(post=1840241:date=Apr 8 2011, 02:43 AM:name=OPIE)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OPIE @ Apr 8 2011, 02:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1840241"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think this Tuesday is patch day.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It looks like you are right. It seems that they have just started to go with this schedule. It this is so then the next patch will be out on:

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->12th<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--> <!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->of<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--> <!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->April<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    i would say in that case no.

Some people get refund because they where really hyped up before and then had to face the harsh reality of a open beta.

But here you say you are already sceptical, and just want to try it out. Do you know what kind of administrative overhead this gives for UWE to send money back and forth? Wait for the final release and all reviews if you are unsure
  • TrCTrC Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65612Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1840240:date=Apr 8 2011, 04:42 AM:name=Obraxis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Obraxis @ Apr 8 2011, 04:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1840240"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If your friend hates a movie...does he ask for a refund?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No, he tells twenty friends how ###### it was who will probably tell their friends instead of how nice UWE could had been giving the moneyback.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Even so, it's going to be purchased eventually through steam. therefore, if u don't like it...no chance of a refund. That said, there will be likely free weekends and whatever through steam.
  • Lemming JesusLemming Jesus Join Date: 2010-04-13 Member: 71385Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1840270:date=Apr 8 2011, 03:06 AM:name=Obraxis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Obraxis @ Apr 8 2011, 03:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1840270"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Even so, it's going to be purchased eventually through steam. therefore, if u don't like it...no chance of a refund. That said, there will be likely free weekends and whatever through steam.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Not even close to true. Steam has always offered refunds for preorders, which is exactly what we're doing. I have no doubt Unknown Worlds will give you a refund if you change your mind before it is released. If you're not 100% sure you are going to like this game, it will save you a lot of time if you just wait. There's not much game to be had at the moment.