Aliens need a finisher.

PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
We were playing a good game. It was fun but the end got very very very boring. Map was Tram.

Here is what happend:

We had 4 hives up but our 4th one (Marine exspansion) kept on dying and then I just built another one almost straight after.

the problem is that there was stalemate because the Aliens couldn't kill their base as they had too many Sentries and stuff like that and they couldn't get out.

Nearly all of us (Aliens) had about 999 Personnal Resources but we had nothing to spend it on as the fade is useless in the currenty circumstances and the other classes can't do enough damage.

Basically, there was a long stalemate between the 2 sides (So long that I left and I don't know what happened at the end). The Aliens need a finisher class (Onos) allowing them to destroy the marine base otherwise it is just a long and boring stalemate that isn't fun (Hence why I left)

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1836037:date=Mar 5 2011, 02:29 AM:name=Papayas)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Papayas @ Mar 5 2011, 02:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1836037"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Basically, there was a long stalemate between the 2 sides (So long that I left and I don't know what happened at the end). The Aliens need a finisher class (Onos) allowing them to destroy the marine base otherwise it is just a long and boring stalemate that isn't fun (Hence why I left)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    /thread?
  • TigTig Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    <!--quoteo(post=1836038:date=Mar 4 2011, 09:32 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Mar 4 2011, 09:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1836038"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->/thread?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yes.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Step 1: Build lots of whips right outside marine base
    Step 2: Unroot and walk them into marine base
    Step 3: Root and let the fun begin

Spamming DI in the marine base also helps.
  • KuBaNKuBaN Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8979Members, Constellation
    I don't understand why this thread is still open.
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    Nominated for most useless thread of the month.
  • Skyforger2Skyforger2 Join Date: 2007-10-19 Member: 62681Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1836070:date=Mar 5 2011, 09:00 AM:name=Sops)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sops @ Mar 5 2011, 09:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1836070"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Nominated for most useless thread of the month.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<b>+1</b> i give my vote !
  • CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation
  • NeoSniperNeoSniper Join Date: 2005-06-02 Member: 52976Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1836070:date=Mar 5 2011, 05:00 AM:name=Sops)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sops @ Mar 5 2011, 05:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1836070"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Nominated for most useless thread of the month.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1 vote. I was facepalming just from the title.

Papayas, hope you don't feel to bad but come on! This reads as "Alien finisher unit needed as alien finisher"

Or in a more meme-like fashion "Finisher Alien is finisher" ;)
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    This thread is true but obvious when we don't have the onos and marines are lacking actual finishers as well also (but could be argued otherwise I guess...). Actually most of the tier 3 game play just isn't there yet. I'm actually more surprised no one has started a thread strictly about the lack of progress on the tracker lol that was more anticipated.
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    Papayas is getting very close to being on my /ignore list.
  • ShiloriusShilorius Join Date: 2011-01-14 Member: 77445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2011
    (-.-)

The guy posted 4 days ago and some of you continue trolling him - yeah, thats useless, I agree.

Anyway,
    BTT.
    I agree with Lazer.
    The onos isn't in yet, but it will be a "endgame finisher", I guess.
    I can't imagine that an onos could be stopped by a standart marine.. without exos the marines are dead meat against onosi (err.. onosses.. ..or whatever)

(and I think nobody complained <b>yet</b>, because the most of us here know, that most of the UWE-employees were on the GDC )
  • jaminjamin Join Date: 2008-01-03 Member: 63332Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1836510:date=Mar 9 2011, 01:02 AM:name=spellman23)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spellman23 @ Mar 9 2011, 01:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1836510"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Papayas is getting very close to being on my /ignore list.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I bet he cares a hell of a lot about that..
  • measlesmeasles Join Date: 2007-02-26 Member: 60122Members, Constellation
    This thread is TOTALLY valid
    I like this thread because;

Onos is not nesiscarily the answer.. At the time of the Onos introduction we would expect jetpacks?
    Jetpacks and SG inside a heavily armed base would then cause the same stalemate.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Oh I dunno,

Onos a building crusher wiping out a base
    EXO skeleton probably doing the same thing

Alongside
    ARC Kaboom
    Whip Splash

As long as the buildings go down efficiently, when one team has this ability within striking distance of the enemy's last base. It it pretty much game over. Lack of all of those units and the obviousness of said units, with the fact of the last CC or Hive going down is end of round, makes the threads point painfully obvious...
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I believe the lengthy Alien evolution time is one of the main causes of the stalemate situation. Even when Aliens have 4 hives, it would still take a long time to re-evolve into Lerk, Fade and Onos. So even Aliens throw themselves at Marines (which is a very costly strategy), any ground gained would be quickly lost again.

Hopefully there will be an Alien ability that reduces evolution time, if they control most of the map.
  • HybridclawHybridclaw Join Date: 2003-11-03 Member: 22271Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1836902:date=Mar 12 2011, 08:12 AM:name=twiliteblue)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (twiliteblue @ Mar 12 2011, 08:12 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1836902"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hopefully there will be an Alien ability that reduces evolution time, if they control most of the map.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    +1

Reducing gestation time could make a good finisher
  • KuBaNKuBaN Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8979Members, Constellation
    Having additional Hives up could reduce gestation time. As it currently stands there is little point in holding tech points after you've captured them and purchased the unlocked upgrades.
This discussion has been closed.