I know, i know ...

mutaremutare Join Date: 2011-03-01 Member: 83977Members
edited March 2011 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">but where is my Key?</div>I dont want to do this.
But now i am a little bit pissed ...

I have on Friday the 28th Paid in February, on Tuesday 1 March told Paypal that the payment is complete.

I received a blank e-mail.
<b>
But got no key! I've tried everything!</b>

I want to play and test it so bad!

Comments

• Deagle2Deagle2 Join Date: 2010-11-30 Member: 75360Members
    You just got unlucky ! :O maybe you should try this <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve</a>
  • mutaremutare Join Date: 2011-03-01 Member: 83977Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1835794:date=Mar 3 2011, 06:24 PM:name=Deagle2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Deagle2 @ Mar 3 2011, 06:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1835794"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You just got unlucky ! :O maybe you should try this <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ive already tried this but the site says: "We don't seem to have hendrik@granna.de on file. For help, write us at store@unknownworlds.com."
    But thanks.

Ive also writed a mail to store@unknownworlds.com and i've already filed a conflict at Paypal.
  • Corporal_FortierCorporal_Fortier Join Date: 2005-03-22 Member: 46079Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1835795:date=Mar 3 2011, 12:31 PM:name=mutare)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mutare @ Mar 3 2011, 12:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1835795"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ive also writed a mail to store@unknownworlds.com<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This is all you needed to do. Please bear in mind that they are (at least some of them) attending GDC this week so it might take them a little more time to get back to you.
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Perhaps it has to be done manually for every key? To make sure no bots get in or something?
    If so you got remarkably bad luck with timing, see Fortiers post.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Hey Mutare, sorry you are having problems receiving your CD key. One of the guys on our team deals with this stuff, on top of a huge amount of other tasks, so it sometimes can take a little bit of time to sort. In addition to that, he is at GDC all this week. He should be able to look into this first thing next week.

--Cory
  • DaDillstaDaDillsta Join Date: 2011-03-03 Member: 84476Members
    Yeah it would just seem like one of those problems that happens on a rare basis, I didn't have any problems buying the game today.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    edited March 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1835844:date=Mar 3 2011, 10:33 PM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Mar 3 2011, 10:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1835844"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hey Mutare, sorry you are having problems receiving your CD key. One of the guys on our team deals with this stuff, on top of a huge amount of other tasks, so it sometimes can take a little bit of time to sort. In addition to that, he is at GDC all this week. He should be able to look into this first thing next week.

--Cory<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Awesome customer service.
  • RebelRebel Join Date: 2003-04-10 Member: 15371Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Playtester
    Hi Mutare,
    Just a few thoughts is your UWE account different to your paypal account?

As in is your paypal email address hendrik@granna.de?

If your paypal is registered to another address then use that in your retrieve account. (I fell foul of then when trying to get a replica of my 4xmas keys)
    Also check your spam boxes, if the first email got killed by spam filtering the chances are any retrieval emails are going to go the same way.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2011
    You guys might want to stop posting email addresses on forums, bots are going to have a field day with those!
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    At the very least, say it as, hendrik [at] granna [dot] de
  • NeoSniperNeoSniper Join Date: 2005-06-02 Member: 52976Members
    Did you not get ANY emails from UWE? You think there's any chance you typed the email wrong on purchase?

If that's the case and the customer service representative has to go check manually then try to include the exact time of purchase and any helpful info in as much detail as possible in your email.

Also patience will be your friend throughout the Beta.
  • RebelRebel Join Date: 2003-04-10 Member: 15371Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Playtester
    I think thats one of the reasons why the key is registered to the address of the paypal account that was used.
  • SpaZSpaZ Join Date: 2003-06-11 Member: 17256Members
    Yeah same thing happened to me. My paypal account has a different email that I use daily and the key's were sent to the paypal email.
  • mutaremutare Join Date: 2011-03-01 Member: 83977Members
    edited March 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1835844:date=Mar 3 2011, 11:33 PM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Mar 3 2011, 11:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1835844"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hey Mutare, sorry you are having problems receiving your CD key. One of the guys on our team deals with this stuff, on top of a huge amount of other tasks, so it sometimes can take a little bit of time to sort. In addition to that, he is at GDC all this week. He should be able to look into this first thing next week.

--Cory<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks for the answer!
    I am waiting excitedly for the next week! :-D

<!--quoteo(post=1835870:date=Mar 4 2011, 02:53 AM:name=Rebel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rebel @ Mar 4 2011, 02:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1835870"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi Mutare,
    Just a few thoughts is your UWE account different to your paypal account?

As in is your paypal email address hendrik@granna.de?

If your paypal is registered to another address then use that in your retrieve account. (I fell foul of then when trying to get a replica of my 4xmas keys)
    Also check your spam boxes, if the first email got killed by spam filtering the chances are any retrieval emails are going to go the same way.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It is my paypal e-mail adress, but thanks :)
    And the E-Mail i got (and which got stuck in the spamfilter) was Blank.

<!--quoteo(post=1835874:date=Mar 4 2011, 03:21 AM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Mar 4 2011, 03:21 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1835874"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You guys might want to stop posting email addresses on forums, bots are going to have a field day with those!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok, for me it is not such a problem i manage my mailserver for myself.

Thanks! Greetings from Germany!
    <b>mutare</b>