Re-introduce welders!

2»

Comments

• sheena_yanaisheena_yanai Join Date: 2002-12-23 Member: 11426Members
    i would suggest a personal "welder" with a quite limited fuel capacity, this would make repairs and welding doors shut a teamwork effort because of the limited fuel. also heavy/exo trains will not be repairable indefinitely when rushing a hive, the commander can not refuel the welder with ammo packs because it would be using nanosludge as "fuel" which is extracted by resource towers where you can refill your welder. the nanites in the nanosludge will use a electric charged gaseous plasma like medium to travel from the welder nozle to the damage, or place which needs welding, and use themself, already existing nanites in the material and molecules in their surroundings to repair/weld the damage/door. i think that was the original welder concept as it was used in NS1, put it was just to make the magical welding device more plausible, my idea would make this concept a gameplay mechanic. to secure a constant supply of welder fuel heavy trains would have to destroy a alien extractor so they can build a resource tower, securing their repair/weld/refill ability, making destroying alien resource towers even more important secondary objective, and resource towers something more than a build and forget thing that sucks stuff out of a nozle .
  • xVisionsxVisions Join Date: 2009-07-03 Member: 68021Members
    edited February 2011
    Basically welders are like a huge part of NS. They should be implemented in some fashion.. i believe they are holding out on us.

+I would like to see them as a purchased item from prototype lab.(expensive purchase, this will be a super valuable item not many players will have them)
    -Replaces both (pistol and axe). You may say its a steep trade off but a welder could have serious game impacts. That player becomes infinitely more valuable to a team.

-Really(really) slow building repairing.
    -Can fix other players armor.
    -Can fix MACs
    -Cannot repair power nodes.(probably)
    -Welder does mabye 75%DPS of switch axe damage to structures
    -I don't know about welder having ammo...i would probably go with some sort of energy system. Think machine gun overheating except that it does not recharge until its not used for 5 seconds or so. Burst welding will not help. It drains energy as it is used.
    -I'd toss around idea of only letting it recharge while its pulled out, so hes pretty vulnerable.
  • PapayasPapayas Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72219Members
    edited February 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1833329:date=Feb 18 2011, 07:33 PM:name=xVisions)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xVisions @ Feb 18 2011, 07:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1833329"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Basically welders are like a huge part of NS. They should be implemented in some fashion.. i believe they are holding out on us.

+I would like to see them as a purchased item from prototype lab.(expensive purchase, this will be a super valuable item not many players will have them)
    -Replaces both (pistol and axe). You may say its a steep trade off but a welder could have serious game impacts. That player becomes infinitely more valuable to a team.

-Really(really) slow building repairing.
    -Can fix other players armor.
    -Can fix MACs
    -Cannot repair power nodes.(probably)
    -Welder does mabye 75%DPS of switch axe damage to structures
    -I don't know about welder having ammo...i would probably go with some sort of energy system. Think machine gun overheating except that it does not recharge until its not used for 5 seconds or so. Burst welding will not help. It drains energy as it is used.
    -I'd toss around idea of only letting it recharge while its pulled out, so hes pretty vulnerable.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You have some good ideas here.

+1