Awesomeness for ns2

louis cardinallouis cardinal Join Date: 2010-12-14 Member: 75664Members
<div class="IPBDescription">praise about it here</div>I was suprised when ns2 was planned, i thought ns1 was alone awesome and innovative.

i freaking like ns2 and the rate that it is going is very positive.

who else feels same?

what aspects of ns2 do you think are good? in comparison to other games? (if it even can be compared) =)

Comments

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    In b4 people hating on it.

But yes I love the game and I had many fun times so far.
  • kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
    I'm actually playing a bit these last couple builds.

I love the fact that the alien environments are feeling so taken.
    The emergency lighting...the steam coming out of crags.

The screaming burning hives.
    The skulks actually look more like dogs than marmosets
    I love it.

Keep the build assault coming.
  • NeoSniperNeoSniper Join Date: 2005-06-02 Member: 52976Members
    I love how I'm actually having fun playing these most recent builds. In spite of the kinks and missing features I've had a real fun time playing this game in the most recent builds. I am madly in love with the Lerk and forsee many a fun times to be had Lerk-sniping and gassing Flame Troopers trying to mess with Mama hive
  • VeNeMVeNeM Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 928Members
    i hate ns2 i want my money back!

jk :D
  • SmasherSmasher Join Date: 2005-03-06 Member: 43732Members
    Did you manage to get into a game yet?:)
  • MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
    Love NS2 and will love it even more when it gets finished!
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    I actually played 3 games in a row last night, first time online (i'm in a ns2hd podcast yay lol) the experience was amazing, sure its buggy, laggy, stuttery, but that will get polished out. I was blown away(sometimes literally as i was on the alien team lol)at the sheer potential of this game, occasionally my Frames would go over 60fps, and it looked so amazing.

There is already a lot of strategy emerging, and well the game is just really really fun.

great idea for a thread, there are a lot of negative threads so why not? :)
  • PseudoKnightPseudoKnight Join Date: 2002-06-18 Member: 791Members
    It isn't a black and white, love it or hate it issue. There's lots of things to like, but it's in development so criticisms are valid as long as they are specific. But since this is a thread about the awesomeness of NS2, here's some things I love about it: (some are specific to NS2, others are for NS1 as well)

- LUA moddability
    - dynamic lighting
    - closed map design (as opposed to something like Battlefield games, for examples of open map design)
    - wall running and vent navigating
    - hive sight
    - blink effect omgz
    - power nodes when you take them down and then emergency power comes up
    - lerk glide
    - secondary fire abilities instead of switching for each ability
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    NS1 was a great and innovate mod and NS2 is going to be even better. What I'm most looking forward to is the mods. I can see NS2 spawning a great selection of FPS/RTS mods the way HL1/2 spawned a great selection of FPS mods.
  • Router_BoxRouter_Box Join Date: 2004-09-07 Member: 31483Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    you know, I'm just sayin...

I paid fifty dollars to some dudes 18 months ago to produce a game with a release date about 6 months out from that payment. I'm saying that I paid for something, that is a year overdue.

Natural selection was my favorite game of all time. NS2 does not yet compare, and it is a year late. That is the end of this discussion, because if we continue it any further we start talking about charges of fraudulence.

I want these guys to give me something good, that i can love, really I do. Let's see it! Until then, let's not get too pumped up.

Maybe that's the "Hate" you were waiting for, but seriously people, this isn't a compelling game right now, and it's got a ways to go before it can be considered as such.
  • Revi.ukRevi.uk Join Date: 2010-04-12 Member: 71354Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1818987:date=Dec 24 2010, 09:52 AM:name=Router_Box)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Router_Box @ Dec 24 2010, 09:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1818987"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->you know, I'm just sayin...

I paid fifty dollars to some dudes 18 months ago to produce a game with a release date about 6 months out from that payment. I'm saying that I paid for something, that is a year overdue.

Natural selection was my favorite game of all time. NS2 does not yet compare, and it is a year late. That is the end of this discussion, because if we continue it any further we start talking about charges of fraudulence.

I want these guys to give me something good, that i can love, really I do. Let's see it! Until then, let's not get too pumped up.

Maybe that's the "Hate" you were waiting for, but seriously people, this isn't a compelling game right now, and it's got a ways to go before it can be considered as such.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Aha! And there it is, I knew it wouldn't be long before someone came in here whining about something.
  • Revi.ukRevi.uk Join Date: 2010-04-12 Member: 71354Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1818987:date=Dec 24 2010, 09:52 AM:name=Router_Box)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Router_Box @ Dec 24 2010, 09:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1818987"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->you know, I'm just sayin...

Maybe that's the "Hate" you were waiting for, but seriously people, this isn't a compelling game right now, and it's got a ways to go before it can be considered as such.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Aha! And there it is, I knew it wouldn't be long before someone came in here whining about something.
  • Router_BoxRouter_Box Join Date: 2004-09-07 Member: 31483Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Yes, it was your lamentation that nobody was, and then the fact that nobody was, that bothered me. Identifying the fact that I'm complaining does not address the complaint. If you pay somebody for something that they never deliver you have been defrauded. Intentionally or not. It's just hard to then see a thread saying that's awesome.
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    there are about 10,000 other threads you could've whined about this in. please, kindly remove yourself from this topic.
    ok, clearly as everyone understands what i'm saying i'll withdraw.
  • louis cardinallouis cardinal Join Date: 2010-12-14 Member: 75664Members
    no you can continue because you dont start and dont finish...

CLEARLY you have no good expectations from a INDIE game...

unknownworlds doesnt have the funding if compared to all of the other companies.

to have a FPS RTS combined game is amazing to me and the fact that you state it's lack of timing is just funny.

im really tired of the countless retarded stupid games out there that are you against another player shooting them in the face. NS has been by far the best game in terms of innovation because how many other games are marines VS skulks?

im sure the date set to you when you payed 50 bucks for the game was aproximate.

WHO cares you and me cannot do anything about it so please +) patience has its own reward.

1 year from now you will be devouring your little marines playing the awesome game with DI included and you will be like

"man... im glad i payed for this that long time back"
  • saltybp53saltybp53 Join Date: 2010-07-22 Member: 72675Members
    At least it is like a certain Duke Nukem rite?
    this game is the definition of innovation.

compare to this game like a insanely crazy good FPS shooters (to some people)

call of duty (black ops)

crysis 2

rage (soon)

What is the difference? nothing can compare with ns2 because there is nothing like it, RTS and FPS combined, lighting... the entire environment of team gameplay... the roles that everyone has... fighting or building or healing teammates or just supporting.

NS1 and NS2 has been the best game i have ever played before. it has (personally) beaten team fortress 2.

before i thought TF2 was the best game ever... it had every aspect of teamwork and thats what i loved most about it.

NS2 is even better, its worth more than all the other games because they are practically the same and have no orgininality.

"The best just got better" said someone on the beta trailer of ns2.
    Dude, I said I was done being negative. Why you gotta call me out?

<!--quoteo(post=1819007:date=Dec 24 2010, 06:20 AM:name=louis cardinal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (louis cardinal @ Dec 24 2010, 06:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1819007"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->no you can continue because you dont start and dont finish...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    wut?

<!--quoteo(post=1819007:date=Dec 24 2010, 06:20 AM:name=louis cardinal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (louis cardinal @ Dec 24 2010, 06:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1819007"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->CLEARLY you have no good expectations from a INDIE game...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    wut?

<!--quoteo(post=1819007:date=Dec 24 2010, 06:20 AM:name=louis cardinal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (louis cardinal @ Dec 24 2010, 06:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1819007"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->unknownworlds doesnt have the funding if compared to all of the other companies.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    wut? They spent a long time developing a sudoku game, a lua debugger, and their own engine, this was all done on VC and community money. In their own words they blew the budgets and timelines.

<!--quoteo(post=1819007:date=Dec 24 2010, 06:20 AM:name=louis cardinal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (louis cardinal @ Dec 24 2010, 06:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1819007"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->to have a FPS RTS combined game is amazing to me and the fact that you state it's lack of timing is just funny.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You're right it is amazing, it was amazing in 2003 when they released a game that was better than this one.

<!--quoteo(post=1819007:date=Dec 24 2010, 06:20 AM:name=louis cardinal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (louis cardinal @ Dec 24 2010, 06:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1819007"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->im really tired of the countless retarded stupid games out there that are you against another player shooting them in the face. NS has been by far the best game in terms of innovation because how many other games are marines VS skulks?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    me too dude, me too.

<!--quoteo(post=1819007:date=Dec 24 2010, 06:20 AM:name=louis cardinal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (louis cardinal @ Dec 24 2010, 06:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1819007"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->im sure the date set to you when you payed 50 bucks for the game was aproximate.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Fall 2009 is approximate you are right. It is approximately not some time in 2011.

<!--quoteo(post=1819007:date=Dec 24 2010, 06:20 AM:name=louis cardinal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (louis cardinal @ Dec 24 2010, 06:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1819007"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->WHO cares you and me cannot do anything about it so please +) patience has its own reward.

1 year from now you will be devouring your little marines playing the awesome game with DI included and you will be like

"man... im glad i payed for this that long time back"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You're right, we can't do anything about it, because we are consumers of this project, not developers of it. We do not work for a living on this project, I have my own job and you may too. But we are the people that are supposed to buy and play the game, and from that perspective, my statements are valid. I'm sorry if they are not welcome.
  • glimmermanglimmerman Join Date: 2004-04-29 Member: 28300Members, Constellation
    anyway......

Been having some great times comming lately, learning all the strategies.. some good, some not so good... :/
    edited December 2010
    *<i>i believe i have been served</i>*

that is true we have been told one date and it has shifted to another.

We do have our roles and they have their responsibilities but...

come on man =) its ns2 you got to have some praise about it.
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2010
    edit* wrong thread
    praising about ns2= wrong sorry im trying somewhere else

<b>lol</b>
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1819155:date=Dec 25 2010, 06:04 AM:name=Router_Box)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Router_Box @ Dec 25 2010, 06:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1819155"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->wut?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Try not to take louis too seriously.
    yes... but i wasnt saying you did anything wrong in my previous post about not finishing what you started, you can talk about negativity, just not here jesus christ.

no offense intented. if there was any...