Your Top 25 Favorite Games of All Time

PapissamaPapissama Join Date: 2010-11-23 Member: 75217Members
edited January 2011 in Off-Topic
<div class="IPBDescription">is required</div>If you feel like putting your 2 cents in, then go <a href="http://www.unikgamer.com" target="_blank">here</a> and make your Top 25 favorite game of all time list (1st=25pts, 2nd=24pts, ..., 25th=1pt).

Here are <a href="http://www.unikgamer.com/tops/greatest-video-games-of-all-time-1.html" target="_blank">current results</a> involved 700 gamers so far.

Other top-lists are available (by year, decade, genre and systems) if you want to mess around with more of them.

Check out my own list of top games (what a great list, i know):
<a href="http://www.unikgamer.com/members/papissama-1.html" target="_blank">http://www.unikgamer.com/members/papissama-1.html</a>

Post the link of your Top games and feel free to discuss your choices!
Check it out if you got a few minutes to spare, it's a really fun concept, especially if you're a longtime gamer (and bored :))

Comments

• PaniggPanigg Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58212Members
    What? No Planescape Torment? Are you kidding me?
  • NeonSpyderNeonSpyder &quot;Das est NTLDR?&quot; Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17913Members
    Fallout 1 and 2 weren't on that list either. I didn't know the internet could fail like this.
  • Konohas Perverted HermitKonohas Perverted Hermit Join Date: 2008-09-26 Member: 65075Members
    Original Command and Conquer?
  • XythXyth Avatar Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22312Members
    Majoras mask appears on this list, there is something wrong with this survey.
  • PapissamaPapissama Join Date: 2010-11-23 Member: 75217Members
    Calm down guys,

<a href="http://www.unikgamer.com/games/planescape-torment-215.html" target="_blank">Planescape: Torment</a> is 68th which is really good imo.
    <a href="http://www.unikgamer.com/games/fallout-189.html" target="_blank">Fallout</a> is 107th which is not bad out 1400 ranked games.
    <a href="http://www.unikgamer.com/games/fallout-2-190.html" target="_blank">Fallout 2</a> is 69th and right behind PlaneScape (funny)
    <a href="http://www.unikgamer.com/games/command-conquer-180.html" target="_blank">C&C</a> is 182th

How can you people complain, these games are well ranked I think.
    If you put them high in your Top 25, they will go up.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2010
    No LucasArts point and click adventures or Bullfrog games!?
  • Nil_IQNil_IQ Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15520Members
    edited November 2010
    Ugh. Oblivion is above Mass Effect 2. This will not stand. The internet is <i>broken.</i>

If you think a game is missing, you can always suggest they add it. There's a button for that. I'd recommend the hell out of Theme Park and Theme Hospital if they added it.

Bear in mind that it sounds like there are < 1000 people on this thing so far, so there's a good chance this list will move up and down a bit. I too am suprised to see Majora's Mask at number 6; I suspect that will change.

*edit* Wait, your favorite game of all time evar is worth 25 points? One person could easily rearrange the whole top 10 in that case. We need more people on this thing.

This really makes me realise how spoiled i've been with my games; I've either played or owned about 75% of the top 50.
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18951Members
    GameFAQs.com is running a "game of the decade" tournament...

trouble with all these sorts of vote things is that the braindead, unwashed masses usually win by sheer numbers... though the Haloez and Modern Warfare aren't on this list, so maybe it has merit after all...

Am I a criminal for not liking Zelda: OoT? It bored me :(

Several of the Ultimas are in my top 25, but they were esoteric enough that I'm surprised they're not higher.
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1809658:date=Nov 24 2010, 07:33 AM:name=DiscoZombie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DiscoZombie @ Nov 24 2010, 07:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1809658"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->trouble with all these sorts of vote things is that the brainwashed, undead masses usually win by sheer numbers...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Because they're the only ones who <i>care.</i>
    <!--quoteo(post=1809650:date=Nov 24 2010, 05:26 AM:name=Nil_IQ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nil_IQ @ Nov 24 2010, 05:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1809650"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ugh. Oblivion is above Mass Effect 2. This will not stand. The internet is <i>broken.</i>

If you think a game is missing, you can always suggest they add it. There's a button for that. I'd recommend the hell out of Theme Park and Theme Hospital if they added it.

Bear in mind that it sounds like there are < 1000 people on this thing so far, so there's a good chance this list will move up and down a bit. I too am suprised to see Majora's Mask at number 6; I suspect that will change.

*edit* Wait, your favorite game of all time evar is worth 25 points? One person could easily rearrange the whole top 10 in that case. We need more people on this thing.

This really makes me realise how spoiled i've been with my games; I've either played or owned about 75% of the top 50.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oblivion is right between Mass Effect 1 and 2 :)

There are exactly 517 gamers in so far. So yes, that list between now and let's say 1000 gamers will be drastically different. 25 points can indeed make a difference. Some games a really close to each other.

Here are <a href="http://www.unikgamer.com/members/papissama-1.html" target="_blank">my favorite games ever</a>. Go ahead and be all judgy and stuff. Post yours also, if you feel like it :).
  • KhazeKhaze Join Date: 2006-12-12 Member: 59031Members
    I don't really care enough to register. >_>
  • NossahNossah Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8234Members, Constellation
    This list might be somewhat representative until 4ch gets wind of it :P
  • FaskaliaFaskalia Wechsellichtzeichenanlage Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31651Members, Constellation
    edited November 2010
    Not a single Xcom game?

Your list can go to hell and have a nice dinner there.
    edited November 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1809813:date=Nov 24 2010, 04:57 PM:name=Faskalia)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Faskalia @ Nov 24 2010, 04:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1809813"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not a single Xcom game?

Your list can go to hell and have a nice dinner there.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What are talking about? My <a href="http://www.unikgamer.com/members/papissama-1.html" target="_blank">list</a> does have a Xcom game!!

I got terror from the deep at the number 6!!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1809813:date=Nov 24 2010, 03:57 PM:name=Faskalia)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Faskalia @ Nov 24 2010, 03:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1809813"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not a single Xcom game?

Your list can go to hell and have a nice dinner there.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    They serve "nice" dinners in hell now? Gottah check that out sometime...
  • tjosantjosan Join Date: 2003-05-16 Member: 16374Members, Constellation
    edited November 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1809827:date=Nov 24 2010, 05:41 PM:name=Papissama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Papissama @ Nov 24 2010, 05:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1809827"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What are talking about? My <a href="http://www.unikgamer.com/members/papissama-1.html" target="_blank">list</a> does have a Xcom game!!

I got terror from the deep at the number 6!!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It also contains Colonization and Syndicate. I aprove of the spirit in which you made your list!

[edit] Where is Quake. Really.
  • FaskaliaFaskalia Wechsellichtzeichenanlage Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31651Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1809827:date=Nov 24 2010, 06:41 PM:name=Papissama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Papissama @ Nov 24 2010, 06:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1809827"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What are talking about? My <a href="http://www.unikgamer.com/members/papissama-1.html" target="_blank">list</a> does have a Xcom game!!

I got terror from the deep at the number 6!!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok, I just went through your personal list and it is acceptable. In fact, seeing Bioforge on that list made me smile.

However: Where is Magic Carpet?
    <!--quoteo(post=1809935:date=Nov 24 2010, 08:42 PM:name=Faskalia)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Faskalia @ Nov 24 2010, 08:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1809935"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ok, I just went through your personal list and it is acceptable. In fact, seeing Bioforge on that list made me smile.

However: Where is Magic Carpet?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Tx Fask and Tjosan, I wish I could back to the first time I played these games. I played Magic Carpet and Quake but they did not blow my mind. Though I remember going crazy over the REAL 3D that Quake was offering.

I'm curious to see what your lists look like. There should be more PC/older gamers making their Top 25 to make that big list look a little better :)
    K, Pappisama just for you out of my head 10 games that should be in every top 100 ;)

However I am limiting myself to 1 per Franchise.

XCOM TFTD
    M.A.X
    Incubation
    Wizardry 7
    Ultima VII
    DSA:Sternenschweif (I dont even know if they ever released an english version of it)
    Dragon Age
    Might and Magic World of Xeen (Which is actually 2 games in one, but you had to own 4 and 5 to form the world of xeen, so meh)
    Baldurs Gate 2
    Raptor Call of the Shadows

Most of these are older, but very beloved. Just picking 10 is hard. Putting them in a specific order is even harder (unless you count total playtime. Then XCOM and Wizardry 7 would be way way ahead of the others)
    <!--quoteo(post=1809994:date=Nov 24 2010, 11:00 PM:name=Faskalia)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Faskalia @ Nov 24 2010, 11:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1809994"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->K, Pappisama just for you out of my head 10 games that should be in every top 100 ;)

However I am limiting myself to 1 per Franchise.

XCOM TFTD
    M.A.X
    Incubation
    Wizardry 7
    Ultima VII
    DSA:Sternenschweif (I dont even know if they ever released an english version of it)
    Dragon Age
    Might and Magic World of Xeen (Which is actually 2 games in one, but you had to own 4 and 5 to form the world of xeen, so meh)
    Baldurs Gate 2
    Raptor Call of the Shadows

Most of these are older, but very beloved. Just picking 10 is hard. Putting them in a specific order is even harder (unless you count total playtime. Then XCOM and Wizardry 7 would be way way ahead of the others)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Really old school but still a pretty good list. I'm surprised you enjoyed Dragon Age that much.
    Out of all the games you cited, only 4 are in the game list. *goes to add them now*
    edited November 2010
    I'll give you props for having FF8 so high in your list Papissama, it's my personal favorite Final Fantasy game.

Such an underrated Final Fantasy too.
  • Nil_IQNil_IQ Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15520Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1810147:date=Nov 24 2010, 10:32 PM:name=Nossah)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nossah @ Nov 24 2010, 10:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1810147"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'll give you props for having FF8 so high in your list Papissama, it's my personal favorite Final Fantasy game.

Such an underrated Final Fantasy too.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Until now I was convinced I was the only one who so much as tolerated that game. Possibly its because I played the PC port; the PS one version was chuggy as hell. Thats what you get for making such a pretty looking game run on a 33mhz processor with 2mb of RAM.

Its interesting to see the time distribution of the top 50; there's everything from 1990 to this year in there - a 20-year spread!
    edited November 2010
    Since you mention pretty, there's actually a forum out there where they are working on modifying the PC version to enable anti aliasing and such. Also support for widescreen resolutions. I'll see if i can find it. Makes the game quite bearable for a replay :P I have yet to do my play-through for this year, I have this strange habit of finishing FF8 every year during some or other holiday.

EDIT: Found it, it's over at <a href="http://www.qhimm.com/" target="_blank">http://www.qhimm.com/</a> in their forums.
  • tjosantjosan Join Date: 2003-05-16 Member: 16374Members, Constellation
    Ok, I'll make a quick list of the top 10 games I've played and enjoyed the most. I cant give a crap about what games were the most influential and what not. As you can see I am a PC gamer almost exclusively, and I was born during the 80s.

In no special order:

Baldur's Gate 2
    Colonization
    Civilization 2
    Halflife/Natural Selection
    Quakeworld
    Diablo
    Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
    Rome: Total War, Europa Barbarorum mod
    Starcraft
    Mass Effect
  • N_3N_3 &#092;o/ Join Date: 2004-03-12 Member: 27291Members, Constellation
    There really needs to be more clarification on how they're comparing games. Sure Doom was amazing and great when it was made but you can't honestly tell me it's 'better' than any of the fps games made today.

Anyway, some of my favourites,

1. Deus Ex

Then in no particular order:

Half-Life / NS
    Super Smash Brothers (Brawl)
    Zelda: OoT
    Baldur's Gate 2
    Final Fantasy X
    Starcraft 2
    Diablo 2
    Transport Tycoon
    Golden Eye
    edited November 2010
    FF8 is my favourite FF title as well. Actually it's the only one I played and finished.

On the topic of most faved games... if you create a list on steam of the 5 games you most want, they may just simply give it to you.

If you haven't done it yet, head over to your steam store page and click the giant advertisment, put together 5 steam titles and you may be one of 30 lucky persons a day that just happen to get those as a gift for free.

I figured I put this in here instead of starting a new post since this is kind of related.

My wishlist right now contains witcher 2, brink, deus ex, amnesia and kane and lynch 2.

Edit: Oh, you actually have to put in 10 games in your list to be eligible.
    <!--quoteo(post=1810530:date=Nov 26 2010, 12:01 AM:name=Panigg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Panigg @ Nov 26 2010, 12:01 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1810530"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->FF8 is my favourite FF title as well. Actually it's the only one I played and finished.

On the topic of most faved games... if you create a list on steam of the 5 games you most want, they may just simply give it to you.

If you haven't done it yet, head over to your steam store page and click the giant advertisment, put together 5 steam titles and you may be one of 30 lucky persons a day that just happen to get those as a gift for free.

I figured I put this in here instead of starting a new post since this is kind of related.

My wishlist right now contains witcher 2, brink, deus ex, amnesia and kane and lynch 2.

Edit: Oh, you actually have to put in 10 games in your list to be eligible.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ok, and how to I remove stuff from my wishlist?
    There is a little white "remove" link in the box of the game in the wishlist. Right next to the picture.
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18951Members
    Props to the ff8 lovers. Also my fave, dunno why it's so underappreciated
  • N_3N_3 &#092;o/ Join Date: 2004-03-12 Member: 27291Members, Constellation
    I liked FF8 too, but it's combat system is not as good as some of the others. Magic was used like items and for the first half of the game you pretty much just non-stop spammed summons.
This discussion has been closed.