Tried to play NS2 but I get black screen...

DarkhandDarkhand Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3012Members
Hey All,

I went in to try the patch but all that happens is I spawn in the waiting room and then I can't move at all but the console works. So I'll type j1 or something and my screen will just go blank and then nothing.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Comments

• AvalonAvalon Join Date: 2007-03-04 Member: 60224Members
    Haven't heard of that issue. What's your OS, video card, and driver set? Did you report the problem?
  • SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    Game may well still be loading when you spawn in and yes the console still works, try waiting a minuet before force joing a team. Mine takes a moment before i can move.
    The problem is already known.
  • EldonEldon Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72414Members, Constellation
    Yep, it just takes a while to catch up, just wait a while.
  • garvanigarvani Join Date: 2009-09-02 Member: 68678Members
    I had this problem, just wait a while.. However after everything loads i get a frozen screen (well i cant move, console etc still works) which is a known problem apparently and is reported here <a href="http://getsatisfaction.com/unknownworlds/topics/cant_move_game_hangs" target="_blank">Get Satisfaction Page</a>
  • DarkhandDarkhand Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3012Members
    I did just wait around a while and I was still frozen. I waited a good 3 minutes before I tried to do anything. I'll give it another shot when I get home.

I'll let you know of my success or failure.
  • DarkATiDarkATi Revelation 22:17 Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17532Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    My guess: you aren't playing on "ridiculously awful" graphic settings.

Switch to "ridiculously awful" and see what happens.

Cheers,
    Cody