You think there will be a release today?

13»

Comments

• ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1802508:date=Oct 23 2010, 07:24 PM:name=FocusedWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FocusedWolf @ Oct 23 2010, 07:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802508"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hmm true from a playing-game perspective, but wouldn't it benefit the map makers and modders to be running the latest developmental build, even with the networking issues which are meaningless because they would be running in single player anyway? Maybe i'm just seeing the "fun" that is available outside of a multiplayer-game experience, i.e. exploring the media assets with a model viewer is one example of how people are enjoying the latest releases.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It is an example but it's trivial compared to actually playing the game. Modding interest only comes from a thriving playerbase. There's not much point in mapmaking now anyway when we don't know anything about the actual flow of the game.
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    The forums are here for everyone, those that are upset about not getting the patch, and those that have no problem waiting.

No matter what side of the argument you are on, you both paid the same amount of money for it, and thusly have the exact same amount of say in any matter regarding the game on these forums.

Logic and reason often become muddled when you're a fan boy.

Personally I have no issue waiting for the patch when it will be at it's best, but if someone can't, and they want to vent their frustration, who the ###### is anyone to put them down? I'll tell you, a pathetic person.
  • weezlweezl Join Date: 2008-07-04 Member: 64557Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    do you really not have more lief than waiting for weekly for ns2 and then complaining about it?
    40 bucks is a few drinks on a night out, geesh

let uwe work however they see makes the best end-result i say
  • Baron_Bad_EggBaron_Bad_Egg Join Date: 2004-07-09 Member: 29823Banned
    edited October 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1802516:date=Oct 23 2010, 09:33 PM:name=Tacota)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tacota @ Oct 23 2010, 09:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802516"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You have some issues kid.

Don't ever pay for an alpha or beta again, you don't seem to understand what you are paying for. You got what you paid for, go play it, its on Steam right now. If you can't handle an alpha, then don't opt into one.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

LOL an ALPHA? right now it's a NOTHING. and has been for 3 months. stfu and let ###### pass. i said that a day ago. i didn't pay for a literal slide show of ns2. i paid to try and test sum bugs. or a lot. it's been 3 months since they released an untestable patch. i paid for it even before that. i have some right to be annoyed about seeing nothing happen. i know how UWE is with ###### sometimes (old forums down for over a year cuz someone "hacked" them)... kid? i bet that makes you feel great, belittling people by age. but im pretty sure I'm no kid. either way, ###### off. sorry, but if u post just to insult me i'll return the favor.

close this thread, the topic is irrelevant now and this is only going to cause flame.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Does anyone else notice some irony in a particular poster's name...
    does anyone think you need to stfu?
  • wolffeguardwolffeguard Join Date: 2010-10-17 Member: 74493Members
    edited October 2010
  • meh`meh` Join Date: 2009-03-10 Member: 66691Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1802539:date=Oct 23 2010, 08:35 PM:name=Baron_Bad_Egg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Baron_Bad_Egg @ Oct 23 2010, 08:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802539"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->LOL an ALPHA? right now it's a NOTHING. and has been for 3 months. stfu and let ###### pass. i said that a day ago. i didn't pay for a literal slide show of ns2. i paid to try and test sum bugs. or a lot. it's been 3 months since they released an untestable patch. i paid for it even before that. i have some right to be annoyed about seeing nothing happen. i know how UWE is with ###### sometimes (old forums down for over a year cuz someone "hacked" them)... kid? i bet that makes you feel great, belittling people by age. but im pretty sure <b>I'm no kid</b>. either way, ###### off. sorry, but if u post just to insult me i'll return the favor.

close this thread, the topic is irrelevant now and this is only going to cause flame.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well you sure do act like one, adding the ####'s just makes you look very immature. But everyone just needs to chill, your day shouldn't hinge on a game in alpha anyway. It will come eventually and it will be glorious.
  • FredDurschtFredDurscht Join Date: 2009-12-18 Member: 69704Members
    edited October 2010
    @Baron_Bad_Egg

i guess you have no idea what a alpha should look like?!

having a almost finished game with only a few bugs and glitches it at least beta status, rather a release candidate. what you get over steam right now is exactly what an alpha should look like:

-a crashing game
    -###### performance
    -rendering issues
    -unfinished game elements that are running somehow but not perfect (--> lags etc)
    - and so on.

developing a big project like this normally follows a common rule: 20% of your effort is needed to complete 80% of the project and 80% of your effort for the last 20% of the project. And at the moment i guess we are somewhere within the last 20%. fixing bugs is not an easy thing, you have to consider so many different code snippets and what not.

if you want to play a nearly finished game with only a few bugs for what you can pay, go and buy fall out new vegas or fire up the windows calculator!
  • BloodhouseBloodhouse Join Date: 2010-07-14 Member: 72369Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1802511:date=Oct 23 2010, 11:09 PM:name=schkorpio)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (schkorpio @ Oct 23 2010, 11:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802511"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->its not meant to be finished, we're waiting for the "regular 1-2 week alpha patches" and its been 3 months. Sure there have a few show stoppers that stop people from playing the game, i still think that having a 2 week mini patch would be much better even if there are only small improvements.

it sounds it will be a beta release by the time this next patch comes around<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think though that this is the last time we will be in an unplayable situation for 12 weeks (hmm maybe Charlie did a typo with that 1-2 week post :) ). Some future patch may take like 18 weeks or something but at least the servers will be full of happy people.
    @everymoronthatdecidedtotalktome

you all make me laugh. ur hard-on for UWE almost gives me one.. mmm... should an alpha look like a game that doesnt update for over 3 months? and there are "internal testers" who apparently missed the lag issues which caused this... why aren't the alpha testers the "internal testers"? by being farther away we could have alerted them about the lag issue long before they released 151. but whatever. u all win the interwebs. fanboy hard-on for us all! ===D
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1802562:date=Oct 24 2010, 05:19 AM:name=Baron_Bad_Egg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Baron_Bad_Egg @ Oct 24 2010, 05:19 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802562"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->@everymoronthatdecidedtotalktome

you all make me laugh. ur hard-on for UWE almost gives me one.. mmm... should an alpha look like a game that doesnt update for over 3 months? and there are "internal testers" who apparently missed the lag issues which caused this... why aren't the alpha testers the "internal testers"? by being farther away we could have alerted them about the lag issue long before they released 151. but whatever. u all win the interwebs. fanboy hard-on for us all! ===D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

if you hate UWE so much, why are you wasting time trolling the forums? go do something else with your time.
  • blackpiranhablackpiranha Germany Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14375Members, Constellation
  • HandonamHandonam Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72536Members
    edited October 2010
    Baron_Bad_Egg: FOREVER ALONE

i'll be damned if this is the type of crowd we'll see on NS2.
  • SnougarSnougar Join Date: 2007-12-31 Member: 63301Members
    Haters gonna hate.

Honestly, I can understand the frustration despite having none myself. But abusing, swearing and acting like pre-teens on a forum is dumb. Especially when you are TRYING to come across as serious.

All I can gather from some of the posts is "lol what a ######".

NS2 will be done when its done in my opinion. Whatever we get from here to there is a bonus.
  • AvalonAvalon Join Date: 2007-03-04 Member: 60224Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1802562:date=Oct 24 2010, 10:19 AM:name=Baron_Bad_Egg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Baron_Bad_Egg @ Oct 24 2010, 10:19 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802562"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->@everymoronthatdecidedtotalktome

you all make me laugh. ur hard-on for UWE almost gives me one.. mmm... should an alpha look like a game that doesnt update for over 3 months? and there are "internal testers" who apparently missed the lag issues which caused this... why aren't the alpha testers the "internal testers"? by being farther away we could have alerted them about the lag issue long before they released 151. but whatever. u all win the interwebs. fanboy hard-on for us all! ===D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

How long have you lived in your mother's basement?
  • WhiteZeroWhiteZero That Guy Join Date: 2004-06-24 Member: 29511Members, Constellation
    edited October 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1802562:date=Oct 24 2010, 04:19 AM:name=Baron_Bad_Troll)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Baron_Bad_Troll @ Oct 24 2010, 04:19 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802562"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->@everymoronthatdecidedtotalktome

should an alpha look like a game that doesnt update for over 2 months?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Fixed, ur welcome. :)
    You can have your claim back if we don't get a patch by Nov 11th.
  • tk-421tk-421 Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58315Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Did he just draw an ASCII penis as part of his argument?
  • Live_FeedLive_Feed Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72419Members
    came for the discussion, left with tears of laughter due to Baronbadegg's rage-posting.
  • EldonEldon Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72414Members, Constellation
    It's amazing to believe he's only had 1 ban so far :)
    lol as long as i entertain. this thread get's more attention after 1 drunken rant of mine than any other post from ne1 else... the irony is you all then insult me.. and that's morally fine for you. but whatever. fan boy hard-ons for all! (and it's not my fault that it just comes out with ###.... it ruins my.. creative insulting).
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2010
    You know, if the Spark engine is too good. Ima wantin' mah money back!
    just remember it takes 2 things for a flame to occurr, a spark and fuel. I'm the spark and every time you guys talk ###### back you're just adding fuel (and there's already plenty of fuel with all the anticipation for the game). 2 to tango.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1802621:date=Oct 25 2010, 02:49 AM:name=Baron_Bad_Egg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Baron_Bad_Egg @ Oct 25 2010, 02:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802621"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->just remember it takes 2 things for a flame to occurr, a spark and fuel. I'm the spark and every time you guys talk ###### back you're just adding fuel (and there's already plenty of fuel with all the anticipation for the game). 2 to tango.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I do believe the engine is Spark and Lua is the fuel, you're gravely mistaken sir!
    <!--quoteo(post=1802622:date=Oct 24 2010, 10:53 PM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Oct 24 2010, 10:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802622"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I do believe the engine is Spark and Lua is the fuel, you're gravely mistaken sir!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

touche, touche...
  • xuanxanh99xuanxanh99 Join Date: 2010-10-25 Member: 74595Members
    I don't think it will be out today, i don't believe them anymore. I will go to about friend when have that.
  • EzekielEzekiel Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3006Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1802652:date=Oct 25 2010, 04:16 PM:name=Baron_Bad_Egg)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Baron_Bad_Egg @ Oct 25 2010, 04:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1802652"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->wut<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    about the same level as anything you've posted.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    edited October 2010
    This is just bickering now. You should all stop doing that.
This discussion has been closed.