Spam ~ only you can prevent it

RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">A notice to fellow players</div>It seems that this forum has become a target for a viral marketer.

If you happen to come across a weird posting, that repeats one or more posts from the thread and has one or more links in it, do not answer it. Do not click the links <b>AT! ALL!</b> because it will generate traffic for the advertised company and the spamer is paid money.

I'd like to ask the mods and administrators here for directions on further dealing with it without causing inconvienences.... blah spelling ...for them.

Comments

• JazzXJazzX cl_labelmaps ∞ Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9285Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1796969:date=Aug 30 2010, 09:04 PM:name=RobB)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RobB @ Aug 30 2010, 09:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1796969"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'd like to ask the mods and administrators here for directions on further dealing with it without causing inconvienences.... blah spelling ...for them.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Just use the Report Post function and one of us will delete the message and flag the account.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Weirdly enough those shoe people been all around the gaming websites recently.
  • RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    either its bots or chinese sweatshoppers. Both isn't exactly comforting.
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    i do enjoy me some keyloggers
  • steppin'razorsteppin'razor Join Date: 2008-09-18 Member: 65033Members, Constellation
    I've noticed a rise on a few places.
  • ysekars2012ysekars2012 Join Date: 2010-10-17 Member: 74483Members
    edited October 2010
    If the mail you send has the look of spam, it is redirected to the spam folder.
    There is nothing you can do about it, the recipient must deal with and handle their spam and 'spam' folder. They need to go into their 'spam' folder and check mark the item they wish to keep. Clicking on the 'Not spam' button and returning it to their in box, also allowing that address to be delivered to the in box from now on. However, they must go in periodically and check to insure all items are spam.
    Also, make sure that they have your address is in their address book, as it helps to ensure that address as a "safe" one.
    <!--coloro:orange--><span style="color:orange"><!--/coloro-->I'm going to leave this post here, for its sheer irony. I've removed the links though. --Scythe--<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • EldonEldon Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72414Members, Constellation
    You know what this means right.

UWE has made it to the big time!
  • juicejuice Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12886Members, Constellation
    A spam bot telling you how to fight spam... somehow the "3 laws" seem to apply here.