Cannot find a single server ! ( 0 servers found)

AlistajaAlistaja Join Date: 2010-08-04 Member: 73478Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Cannot join or create server</div>Hello.

A cant see any servers. I have been trying to do so the last 4 days.
I cannot also make my own game, its "cannot authenticate".

My firewall is allowing NS2 and steam. (up and down)

Comments

• AvalonAvalon Join Date: 2007-03-04 Member: 60224Members
    I'd verify that you are running the latest version of the alpha and steam verifies your game data is up to date. I'm guessing that's likely the problem.
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    To check, when you start up the alpha open up the console (using the ~ key by default) and make sure you see you're running Build 150.
  • PrefixPrefix Éirinn go Brách Join Date: 2006-12-31 Member: 59353Members, Constellation
    I have found that some awful firewalls still block NS2. The one my father insists on using (Virgin media home security) does this even when the program is allowed.
  • AlistajaAlistaja Join Date: 2010-08-04 Member: 73478Members
    edited August 2010
    Yeah... I am running 150 build.
    Now i noticed that if reboot and start steam -> and NS2, the autentication part kills my internet connection from the computer. So i need to "repair" it to get all connections back.

This smells like some firewall issue? could it kill all the traffic if it founds something... but as i looked to firewall logs there is no mark of what so ever.

I want to play so bad. I have reinstalled NS2 2 times already and updated all the graphic drivers.

Running on XP and nvidia 8800 card...

I live NS no matter what ;)

But since this seems to be unique problem... there might be something wrong locally... donno. And all help is wanted and appreciated.
    <i>" if you help a noob, noob will live for a day
    - If you help NSPlayer you will earn Gods gifts and stuff"</i>

PS tried with firewall down... didnt find any servers....
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    Router maybe? Perhaps it is overheating.
  • PaiSandPaiSand Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33487Members
    Which lan card do you use? It has the latest drivers for it? (onboard, see your motherboard vendor)
    It is strange that it kills the net connection, looks more a problem in your system/lan card.

If you use a router, have you forwarded the required ports?
    The router have an internal firewall or any security that could be fault on this issue?