NS1 Actual servers without bots.

BRICEBRICE Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72453Members
Well, i purchased HL to get NS again after a pause of a few years, cant seem to find a server with vanilla mode play that isnt infested with bots.
Can anyone tell me where to go to actually play NS, can also accept getting an older version of the game.
I know this might be the wrong forum place for asking but i will give it a go.
Really looking forward to re-living parts of what i remember.
Many thanks for any information.

Comments

• <BAD>Random Guy<BAD>Random Guy Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72332Members
    edited August 2010
    <BAD> is probably one of the last servers that is constantly populated for nearly any time during the day. You can either search for it on the internet search feature in game or go to nsbadclan.org to get the IP addresses. We always welcome new people :) We have three servers :classic, combat, and siege
  • wnnwnn Zombie Panic modeller Join Date: 2003-06-03 Member: 16960Members
    It depends on the time of day homeboy, you can find several servers with PCPs (player controlled players) if you play in the right time of day.
    It could mean waking up at 3 am to play NS but I have a feeling you're dedicated enough to see beyond this small sacrifice.
  • BRICEBRICE Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72453Members
    edited August 2010
    Im more into the original game of NS and not combat, seems BAD server #1 is down?
    Any other suggestions?

Haha dedicated well, i got a work to go to so 3am wont be a good time unless on vacation xD hahahah
  • Donner & BlitzenDonner & Blitzen Join Date: 2010-03-08 Member: 70879Members
    There is an option in the external Steam browser that lets you see if a server has bots. Just right click any of the headers ("severs", "game") and a drop down menu will appear, and you can select to filter bot servers.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    We removed our NS1 server due to lack of interest. I've been able to play on NSTalent, Able and BAD vanilla without Bots.
  • Luki-SanLuki-San Join Date: 2010-08-02 Member: 73424Members
    i'm playing everyday.. catch me on the servers, there are no bots online...

+1
  • PrefixPrefix Éirinn go Brách Join Date: 2006-12-31 Member: 59353Members, Constellation
    NSTalent is your best shot, catch it at euro primetime.
  • <BAD>Random Guy<BAD>Random Guy Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72332Members
    Our server 1 (classic) recently changed ports. The website now reflects the correct IP address. Sorry about that. The server is up and running though
  • Death DragonDeath Dragon Join Date: 2010-01-11 Member: 70072Members
    This site should help you:
    <a href="http://www.nsbrowser.org/en/browser/servers/?sid=o1bb8b0rj133m1xa" target="_blank">http://www.nsbrowser.org/en/browser/server...1bb8b0rj133m1xa</a>

Join servers that don't have the bot symbol to the right.
  • BRICEBRICE Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72453Members
    Thank you for helping an old NS war veteran.
    Now the only thing to do is to re-activate drivers inside head & body and cope with the changes of the game since i played last.
    Not playing FPS for nigh 2 years removes dexterity and such.
    Much obliged.
  • BlackMombahBlackMombah Join Date: 2010-07-25 Member: 72778Members
    I've always been playing on Able.ns: great random maps, iconstacking, and the occassional competitive game once every one or two days :D