What other games are you playing while waiting for NS2?

hotd0ghotd0g Join Date: 2004-03-19 Member: 27419Members
edited June 2010 in NS2 General Discussion
I'm playing Battlefield BC2, and the original NS1 still now and then, but not as much as i used to.
I've played alot of mmorpg's too, but none of them seem to capture me...
So BC2 and NS1 is all i'm basically playing...

Comments

• TheLordTheLord Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16258Members
    ns1 for sure.. ;)

I recommend everyone to check out the mechwarrior living legends mod for crysis (free of course) while waiting for ns2, thats the 2nd best mod I've ever played by now... After ns1 :)

I also play some l4d1 and 2, thats pretty fun w/ some friends playing versus vs others
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    I was playing a lot of MW2 but as of recently I've been spending all that time working on my NS2 map.
  • BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    Going through some old games from the steam. Deus Ex 2 doesn't look that promising, but F.E.A.R seems to be decent. Warcraft 3 and some Starcraft with friends is nice too.
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Still playing ns1, but I got even worse in it due to ns2 mapping so that I can't even play gather without being the fat kid :D
  • whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mount&Blade Warband :]
  • Dank McShwaggerDank McShwagger Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67784Members
    edited June 2010
    Team Fortress 2 (PC)
    Super Street Fighter 4 (360)
    Star Craft 2 Beta
    Red Dead Redemption (360)
  • KarbaKarba Join Date: 2006-09-23 Member: 58040Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Gold
    Red Orchestra an Dawn of War 2 FTW, waiting for SC2 release next month, really don't mind if NS2 is finished this year I must say.
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    Dark Space, its a free space mmo
  • kflow47kflow47 Join Date: 2008-10-09 Member: 65154Members
    Starcraft 2 since Beta pause, League of Legends <-- Free2Play and alot of fun =)
  • WarLoverWarLover Join Date: 2009-11-05 Member: 69276Members
    NS1 and Stainless Steel mod for M:TW2.
  • DrownDrown Underwater Join Date: 2002-12-02 Member: 10392Members
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PC)
    starcraft 2 beta (which returns soon)
    Company of Heroes
    Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
  • ChurchChurch Meatshield grunt-fodder // Has pre-ordered NS2 Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11646Members, Constellation
    How does one get a beta key to SC2 I wonder. I really, really want to try it out. I',m also playing BlazBlue, and do play-by-post on forums for roleplaying.
  • TSSTSS Join Date: 2010-05-11 Member: 71716Members
    I'm having an absolute blast with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker on the PSP. i've been playing it for 2 weeks now, even put my NS2 map on hold but i still havený completed all the missions. A must have for any PSP owner ^^.

also waiting for sniper ghost warrior, which *might* release before Ns2... but alot of confusion around that game. no store seams to have it yet here.

Alpha better come soon though. I'm pretty far along in peace walker and it seems juli-september is going to be a dryspill in game releases. I want something to keep me over longer :p
  • Dank McShwaggerDank McShwagger Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67784Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1776506:date=Jun 30 2010, 03:01 PM:name=Church)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Church @ Jun 30 2010, 03:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1776506"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->How does one get a beta key to SC2 I wonder. I really, really want to try it out.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I got mine by creating a battle.net account and signing up for closed beta. Within a month or so I received an email notifying me that I had been selected for beta and received my key shortly after.

If you plan on purchasing the game you can pre-order it and get free access to beta with a minimum $5 deposit at gamestop/eb games.

the beta is currently closed right now but will re-open very soon just before the release of the game.
  • 1mannARMEE1mannARMEE Join Date: 2008-09-23 Member: 65064Members
    edited June 2010
    I used to play <b>DotA</b> a lot, but I tend to get depressed by playing it, there are too many casual players there and I'm only on the top of the casuals and don't play in any clanwars ...

So after that I bought the awesome Indie Bundle by our friends over at Wolfire and played <b>Aquaria</b> (it's classic Zelda under Water ... 15h+ playtime to complete it all :) I tried out <b>Lugaru </b>(that's the prequel to the game most of us own, because of the special double indie awesomeness earlier this year) which I initially thought was a bit stupid, but it turned out to be great fun ! And I also played <b>World of Goo</b> (which is really a genious and fun game, normally I don't like puzzle games, or at least they don't hook my at all, but this one was excellent, but you beat the whole game too fast took me ~5h on one day), I downloaded the free <b>Mechwarrior IV Mercenaries</b> Game, but the KI is not challenging at all :(

So now I'm stuck, with no game on the horizon I'm slightly interested in, except the stuff UWE and Wolfire is doing and wait for Diablo III :) (unfortunatly I hate Starcraft for some reason)

I also look forward for this game: <a href="http://achrongame.com/site/news.php" target="_blank"><b>Achron</b></a>, but I don't recommend to watch the gameplay videos, you would most likely don't get what's happening. It's in alpha phase right now and you can already order & play, imho it looks promising.

The only thing that keeps me entertained now is the good old <b>Z</b> and the good not so old <b>Dawn of War 1</b>, which is one of the few games that reminded me of the "ressource" system in <b>Z</b> (the sequel sucks, no base building WTF)

EDIT: If anyone knows a "remake" of Z that really picks up the features of the old Z, please don't hesitate to send me a PM ! (Like the way Supreme Commander is the "Sequel" of Total Annihilation, the latter is still better imho)
  • blackpiranhablackpiranha Germany Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14375Members, Constellation
    heroes of newerth
    tf2
    indiana jones and the fate of atlantis
    diablo 2 lod hardcore mode
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    empire total war (darth mod)
    tf2
    red dead redemption
  • kuperayekuperaye Join Date: 2003-03-14 Member: 14519Members, Constellation
    TF2, nothing compares to it
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    bad company 2 - i've always liked the battlefield games - its the perfect blend of FUN and "realism". But its the team play factor that really makes the shine, if your team has even 1 squad that works towards a plan you can win the battle, if you have 2 or 3 squads working together you've won the round :)
    it's a pitty they removed the commander in this version of battlefield, and its a real shame they've only made it 32 players. BF2142 was the best with the whole 64 player games.
    here's hoping BF3 will have well over 128 players :) and the maps will be huge.

also Dawn of War 2 / Chaos Rising (esp. Last stand mode)
  • CXZmanCXZman Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70730Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->indiana jones and the fate of atlantis<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    How many times did you finished it ? :) I guess you had time to finish it 768 times, right ?

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I also look forward for this game: Achron<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I hope it'll be playable. One of the things that stuned me about this game is the time paradox handling and looping. That reveals how powerful and mindblowing that kind of indie game can be !

I play Civ4 and Vegas2. The latter being my all time best FPS.
  • LoeyLoey Join Date: 2009-10-31 Member: 69187Members
    just cause 2, red faction guerrilla
  • TheGivingTreeTheGivingTree Join Date: 2003-01-09 Member: 12070Members
    Savage, since its free, a RTS/FPS like NS and it has two races.. humans and beast, just like NS.
  • ThaTha Join Date: 2009-06-05 Member: 67694Members
    Ive been playing a load of single player games with WoW and Bad company 2 interwined with it,

List of SP games that i like playing while waiting are

Deus ex
    Mass effect
    Batman:arkham asylum
    did i mention mass effect?
    Deus ex invisible war(kinda boring tbh)
    Another run of Half life recently

Oh and cant forget mass effect 2 :D
  • ParanoyakParanoyak Join Date: 2009-05-28 Member: 67527Members
    Heroes of Newerth
    CS-S
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1776558:date=Jul 1 2010, 04:57 PM:name=Tha)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tha @ Jul 1 2010, 04:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1776558"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Batman:arkham asylum<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    one of the best games i've played for ages - especially once you work out the combo system :)
  • Dr. PepperDr. Pepper Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72217Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1776493:date=Jun 30 2010, 12:57 PM:name=Dank McShwagger)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dank McShwagger @ Jun 30 2010, 12:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1776493"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Team Fortress 2 (PC)
    Super Street Fighter 4 (360)
    Star Craft 2 Beta
    Red Dead Redemption (360)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, been having a blast with TF2 since they released it for Mac. Those people are HORRIBLE.

Up to 15 backstabs and 32 destruction on a single life as spy. :)
  • Dr. PepperDr. Pepper Join Date: 2010-07-01 Member: 72217Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1776566:date=Jul 1 2010, 05:52 AM:name=schkorpio)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (schkorpio @ Jul 1 2010, 05:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1776566"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->one of the best games i've played for ages - especially once you work out the combo system :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I wasn't big on Arkham Asylum. The atmosphere was amazing, but the length of the game and the non stop intensity got old. I found it fairly easy too, it's not anywhere as difficult as MGS4 for sneaking and the like.
  • moku9moku9 Join Date: 2009-11-04 Member: 69265Members
    edited July 2010
    Fist Full of Frags is a fun mod for half life 2. It's about to have a big update to 3.0. Western themed with a bunch of different game modes. Be sure to check out the flame arrow Bow weapon, setting cowboys on fire is not to be missed! Blowing them up with TNT is a close second........ lots of guns to choose from. All the weapons take practice so there's plenty of challenge as well.

enjoy,

<a href="http://www.fistful-of-frags.com/" target="_blank">http://www.fistful-of-frags.com/</a>

Game Monitor shows which servers are populated without having to fire up steam:

<a href="http://www.game-monitor.com/GameSearch/fistful_of_frags2/Fistful_of_Dollars.html" target="_blank">http://www.game-monitor.com/GameSearch/fis...of_Dollars.html</a>

And check out the vids at da toob:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9B2Ta2WvhY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9B2Ta2WvhY</a>
  • StarClawsStarClaws Join Date: 2002-11-26 Member: 9974Members
    Savage 2
    NS1
    Left 4 Dead 2

Among many other games I try or go back to from time to time...