Question about speed hopping?

noxnoctumnoxnoctum Join Date: 2010-06-07 Member: 71985Members
I don't know what the "official" name of this is... but I see people, I think it's only skulks that can do it, doing some kind of really rapid hopping to move around the map at blinding speed. Can someone tell me what this is and how to do it? Right now I'm at a huge disadvantage...

Comments

• PhiXXPhiXX Join Date: 2008-10-22 Member: 65274Members
    <a href="http://www.ensl.org/articles/417" target="_blank">ENSL bunnyhop guide :)))</a>

have fun trying :D
  • noxnoctumnoxnoctum Join Date: 2010-06-07 Member: 71985Members
    edited June 2010
    Man I can't figure this out. I tried both the non-script and script version and can't get above 350. I'm following all the instructions but it just won't accelerate.

If I hold W key down the whole time (which it says not to), I can get up to 410 or so but only momentarily before it drops down to ~300.
  • juicejuice Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12886Members, Constellation
    Learn how it works first WITHOUT EVEN JUMPING OR CHANGING DIRECTIONS:

Stand on the ground. Hold strafe left. As you are continuing to strafe, rotate your view to the left at a constant angular velocity. Notice the speed for different constant angular velocities. You are now running in circles on the ground with a speed gain.

Continue to go in circles with constant strafe and angular velocity but NOW add the jumps. Now you're jumping in circles and should have a greater speed gain.

Once you've mastered this you can start trying to change directions.
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    edited June 2010
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that is usually how I teach the concept

just fake it until you make it, eventually you can just feel the speed increase

[edit]
    welcome to ns btw
    [/edit]
  • noxnoctumnoxnoctum Join Date: 2010-06-07 Member: 71985Members
    Hmmm... ok still not getting it but thanks for help...

Also, I see people with fade blinking WHILE attacking... how do I set this up?
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Bind reload to mouse 2, since it's also the command for +movement and movement triggers blink, leap and charge without actually selecting that weapon.
  • juicejuice Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12886Members, Constellation
    edited June 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1774119:date=Jun 9 2010, 10:24 AM:name=noxnoctum)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noxnoctum @ Jun 9 2010, 10:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1774119"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hmmm... ok still not getting it but thanks for help...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What exactly aren't you getting about it?

If you tell us, we can help you.
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    I have my +movement bound to r

This way if you can leap, or blink (as skulk or fade) it will do that, and if your an onos and you can charge, then it will do that for you as well. +movement is also reload for marines

as far as bunnyhopping is concerned fake it till you make it, practice makes perfect