Development Blog Update - Tomorrow's engine test

1414243444547»

Comments

• wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    Why not shoot for post 1500? lol.

Anyway to make this post of use, to anyone that can't open their console, they need to find their options.xml

for me it was in %appdata%\roaming\natural selection 2, for others I heard it was hidden in their system32 folder lol.

change the console bind, and set the file as read only.

This will end all the frustration you feel from everyone telling you how cool thirdperson is.
  • Matt_BLahMatt_BLah Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58269Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1766142:date=Apr 12 2010, 06:27 AM:name=wulf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wulf @ Apr 12 2010, 06:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1766142"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why not shoot for post 1500? lol.

Anyway to make this post of use, to anyone that can't open their console, they need to find their options.xml

for me it was in %appdata%\roaming\natural selection 2, for others I heard it was hidden in their system32 folder lol.

change the console bind, and set the file as read only.

This will end all the frustration you feel from everyone telling you how cool thirdperson is.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ya on WinXP it was:

"DRIVE:\Documents and Settings\"USER NAME"\Application Data\Natural Selection 2\options.xml"

Right Click & "Open With" -- choose Notpad (or some very simple text edit app)

Locate and change or in some situation add:

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1--><ToggleConsole>Grave</ToggleConsole><!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

If you have this line and you cant open console change "Grave" to a different key, like "c"