Custom Command Chair.

[xXx]Ace[xXx]Ace Join Date: 2010-04-01 Member: 71145Members
Ok here the Idea. You know how we all have differnt wallpapers on our screen. well why wouldnt a Com soldier have his own style when he jacks in to the Comchair?

Its could be set up in options, like color prefs and maby even button placements. you can make it as wild as possible. Making the com chair feel like home too.

Mayby even Add a Com tutorial training school map to the game like in " Americas Army " or "The Hidden" tutorial style did.

Would make the New players feel right at home when they jump in the chair.

Comments

• slayer20slayer20 Killed a man once. Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63157Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    As cool as this sounds, it may be a bit much to do in-game.

I think we could get the files ourself and edit them to our liking.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Don't forget the cup holder and hula girl doll.
  • Renegade.Renegade. Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12313Members, Constellation
    Why yes, just the other day I was speaking to my friend, Lt. Cmd. Earl, aboard the USS Failthread, he says he has pictures of his kids up and flowery wallpaper all over the bridge.

Seriously, there needs to be a 20-post minimum and NS competency test before posting in I&S.
  • [xXx]Ace[xXx]Ace Join Date: 2010-04-01 Member: 71145Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1762309:date=Apr 2 2010, 01:00 PM:name=R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e @ Apr 2 2010, 01:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1762309"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why yes, just the other day I was speaking to my friend, Lt. Cmd. Earl, aboard the USS Failthread, he says he has pictures of his kids up and flowery wallpaper all over the bridge.

Seriously, there needs to be a 20-post minimum and NS competency test before posting in I&S.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This will be my what? 4th post.
    I remember seeing your name on other posts as well, and i found you very rude and inmature.
    You sir are either a serieus Troll on this forum or just a complete ######.
    And this will be the first and last time i will reply to any of your posts.
    Have a good day.
  • RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1762256:date=Apr 2 2010, 09:12 AM:name=aeroripper)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (aeroripper @ Apr 2 2010, 09:12 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1762256"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->and hula girl doll.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's a civilian.
  • daidalosdaidalos Join Date: 2004-05-23 Member: 28854Members, Constellation
    edited April 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1762392:date=Apr 2 2010, 08:20 PM:name=[xXx]Ace)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE ([xXx]Ace @ Apr 2 2010, 08:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1762392"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    [...]
    You sir are either a serieus Troll on this forum or just a complete ######.
    [...]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's almost the same thing, almost. Trust me, I should know that. I am, however unsure, whether your accusation fully applies to Renegade.

As far as the idea concerns:
    Well, maybe you can change the HUD colour (although that is a bit childish) and customise the keys for the structures e.g. build an own key map or assign own hotkeys for droppable objects.
    I heard some people don't like how Blizzard changed the hotkeys for Starcraft 2 so a personal customisation should solve that problem.
  • StarClawsStarClaws Join Date: 2002-11-26 Member: 9974Members
    edited April 2010
    ALTERNATE SUGGESTION:

TEXTURE FILES SAVED SERVER SIDE ALTERED BY SERVER PARTIES. Displayed inside the commchair... Some kind of

battle war poster
    <a href="http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=ww2%20poster&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi" target="_blank">http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&...sa=N&tab=wi</a>

pinup girls
    <a href="http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&tbo=1&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=pinup+girls&aq=f&aqi=g-s3g-m1g-ms6&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=" target="_blank">http://images.google.com/images?um=1&h...q=&gs_rfai=</a>

family photos of fake loved ones
    ... whatever

That end up as part of the commanders HUD that you can glance at if you like during the battle. Then slide it away or something.

As futuristic as this game is... I would love to see the different server side twists people can put on this. Bring the personal side of the war from the Marine.
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    It's a great idea for a mod which helps you to customize your NS2.

Other than that I agree with what Renegade basicly said in his rude, trolly way that this is WAR and not NS:Sims, and moreover UWE has much better things to do.
  • xmainexmaine Join Date: 2009-08-10 Member: 68409Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1762309:date=Apr 2 2010, 12:00 PM:name=R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e @ Apr 2 2010, 12:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1762309"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why yes, just the other day I was speaking to my friend, Lt. Cmd. Earl, aboard the USS Failthread, he says he has pictures of his kids up and flowery wallpaper all over the bridge.

Seriously, there needs to be a 20-post minimum and NS competency test before posting in I&S.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You're stupid. There's nothing wrong with his post. Its a silly and creative idea.

I think the one that needs a competency test is you.
  • Renegade.Renegade. Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12313Members, Constellation
    Everyday I pass through neighbourhoods and see people litter, I may choose to dissuade them politely or just pick it up, but if you litter in my neighbourhood, expect what's coming.
  • RazorRazor Join Date: 2010-02-23 Member: 70695Members
    It's about a silly as how there were spray paints in NS1. I bet Renegade must have love that.

There aren't going to be sprays in ns2 are there?
  • xmainexmaine Join Date: 2009-08-10 Member: 68409Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1762605:date=Apr 4 2010, 06:20 AM:name=Razor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Razor @ Apr 4 2010, 06:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1762605"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's about a silly as how there were spray paints in NS1. I bet Renegade must have love that.

There aren't going to be sprays in ns2 are there?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There better be or some alternative. Some kind of signature for a player would be nice.
  • ThaTha Join Date: 2009-06-05 Member: 67694Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1762597:date=Apr 4 2010, 01:09 PM:name=R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e @ Apr 4 2010, 01:09 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1762597"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Everyday I pass through neighbourhoods and see people litter, I may choose to dissuade them politely or just pick it up, but if you litter in my neighbourhood, expect what's coming.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

lol.....

just lol.
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    How about we let the marine team customize the commanders chair with nice sprays that reflect on his skill :P
  • RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    You can spray your gun already.
  • Lemming JesusLemming Jesus Join Date: 2010-04-13 Member: 71385Members
    It's an unnecessary feature for an already delayed game being made by a small number of people on a low budget. Sounds like total win right?
  • PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    Not if itès made by the community.

I'd even participate in the making of a classic comm chair but highly detailed and fitting the NS2 graphics.

;)
  • Crazyperson4200Crazyperson4200 Join Date: 2010-04-15 Member: 71415Members
    I'd be in support of having it be a customizable texture. Perhaps make it a post-gold update rather than implement it before release, but sometime down the road it would be nice to have either a server or client side customizable background for the brains (sometimes) of the Marines.
  • ackeracker Join Date: 2010-03-10 Member: 70915Members
    Semi-off topic, but when I originally saw this topic title, I thought "Pimp My Command Chair"...
  • Lemming JesusLemming Jesus Join Date: 2010-04-13 Member: 71385Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1767749:date=Apr 18 2010, 06:30 PM:name=Pipi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pipi @ Apr 18 2010, 06:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1767749"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not if itès made by the community.

I'd even participate in the making of a classic comm chair but highly detailed and fitting the NS2 graphics.

;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Made by the community? Then why create this topic? Nobody is going to stop you from doing your own graphics.