A Thanks from a old friend.

SilverWolfSilverWolf Join Date: 2003-05-20 Member: 16540Members
Most of you probably do not remember me, but I used to be on some of the top teams in NS when it was in CAL (Exigent, Xensity, infinite Reverance, [ReD], etc) I played since the game was released and can say it has been one of my favorite competitive games I have ever played. I was apart of the NS-Vet progam and the NS Guides as well, I saw this game grow and loved every second of it.

Back then I played under the handle SilverWolf, I now go under the alias kaja. Some of you may recognize that name from Left 4 Dead as I was on Eximius, the top team in the game we won several cash/prize tourneys. The only reason I REALLY got into Left 4 Dead was because of the similarity between NS and L4D, the melee class vs ranged. A interesting peice of information all of the best players in that game came from competitive NS :)

I am friends with a lot of top competitive players in gaming in general and I can tell you we are all excited about Natural Selection 2. Some of us were getting rather discouraged about its release because of how long it has taken, but after seeing some of the latest developments I went ahead and decided to finally pre-order the Special Edition.

This is the game I have been waiting for, literally. All the games I have been playing competitively or otherwise have been to kill time whilst waiting for this game. After seeing that there is an engine test being released and actual in-game footage, etc. I am entirely pumped up for this.

So I just wanted to say Thank you Flayra, Max and gang! It is awesome what you guys are doing, starting up a business and following your dream and making an amazing game on top of that. Keep it up boys!

P.S. For those of you worried about the dev's catering to the competitive community or the "pubber" community, don't. They are smart fella's, they know that a lasting, GOOD game is fun for both sides. All competitive players want is balance in a skill/strategy based game, all pubbers tend to want is something fun. I think UWE can handle that ^_-

-Patrick "kaja" Kaja

Comments

• juicejuice Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12886Members, Constellation
    AMEN!

I remember SilverWolf many years back we played some pugs or somethin and he was a nice guy and like "hey you think about joining a clan ever?" This was like 2004...

About NS and L4D - No truer words ever spoken. It says alot about NS that L4D is dominated by comp NS players.

Also, thanks to SilverWolf for instilling confidence about NS2. I admit I've been worrying but that he says he has confidence in the team restores my confidence too. So yes I am so super psyched.

L4D is a great game, but NS2 is going to blow it out of the water.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi! Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    I didn't catch on again? Who are you?
  • TemphageTemphage Join Date: 2009-10-28 Member: 69158Members
    edited March 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1761386:date=Mar 27 2010, 04:31 AM:name=SilverWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SilverWolf @ Mar 27 2010, 04:31 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1761386"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I was apart of the NS-Vet progam<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->P.S. For those of you worried about the dev's catering to the competitive community or the "pubber" community, don't. They are smart fella's, they know that a lasting, GOOD game is fun for both sides. All competitive players want is balance in a skill/strategy based game, all pubbers tend to want is something fun. I think UWE can handle that ^_-<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

:/
  • UncleRayUncleRay Join Date: 2010-03-08 Member: 70881Members
    edited March 2010
    WB silver! Definitely nice to see an old face again :D BTW, this is BlackPlague
  • PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    edited March 2010
    Nice speech hehe ! But I don't remember you.. been doing drugs in the early comp days.. lol.

<!--quoteo(post=1761432:date=Mar 27 2010, 11:12 AM:name=juice)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (juice @ Mar 27 2010, 11:12 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1761432"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It says alot about NS that L4D is dominated by comp NS players.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yep. Only reason I quit L4D though is for its exceptionally terrible reg !
  • SilverWolfSilverWolf Join Date: 2003-05-20 Member: 16540Members
    Good to see all you fella's again too, I can't wait to start playing the Alpha with you all. We are going to have a blast :) If you haven't ordered the special edition yet, do yourself a favor! GO BUY IT! Support these hardworking independent game making masterminds!
  • UncleRayUncleRay Join Date: 2010-03-08 Member: 70881Members
    You guys think we"ll be able to pull off a 128 player server map? Just imagine it, 64 people on each teams, BATTLE OF THE BATTLES!
  • kuperayekuperaye Join Date: 2003-03-14 Member: 14519Members, Constellation
    Same here, I know a lot of people back in the day from competitive NS who are waiting for this game. The longer the wait the more discouraged they get.

But then again, this game should be awesome. Its funny tho9ugh, a lot of top NS players back in the day play TF2 and destroy it. Its always funny to run into one of them in a game or see them in CEVO or TWL. They all say the same thing, that they want NS2 to come out.
    I guarantee you that this game will get picked up by CEVO, at the very LEAST they will hold a tourney for it to see what the turn-out will be for a potential league.

A lot of bigger names in the gaming community know CEVO admins, myself included and they listen to us when it comes to what games they should start a tourney/league for. This game will have a lot of support from both competitive community and pubbers. Just from my experience alone in L4D we spread the word about NS (my team and other ns players who were competitive in the game), people always asked and woundered where we came from and how we were so good etc. We all say NS :) As a result a lot of L4D players started to play NS to see what all the hype was about and now they are all looking forward to it as well!

Mark my words, this game will be big!
  • dark-nsdark-ns Join Date: 2008-02-24 Member: 63726Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I used to play CS with you silverwolf... back in the day atleast. I remember when you said you wanted another to scrim with and I offered to play with you guys and we had some fun.
    Right on man, I had a good time messing around with cs here and there. What was your alias back then?
  • dark-nsdark-ns Join Date: 2008-02-24 Member: 63726Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I cant remember my exact name, but I think it was before ns 2.0.... I cant remember the other players we played with either... whether it was people from ER like Lux or others form exigent, I have no idea.
  • NossahNossah Join Date: 2002-11-11 Member: 8234Members, Constellation
    Good to see some more oldies coming back to ns.

<-- ex penguin.
    I remember you penguin guys, its good to see some familiar faces sticking around :)
    Where is handman? Haven't talked to him in a while...
  • shoestershoester Join Date: 2003-10-30 Member: 22147Members
    Oh wow, is this an NS vet reunion?
  • DelphicDelphic Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58262Members
    Silverwolf did you by any chance happily use a microphone and generally be positive even on *ehem* pub servers like Team KB?

I've a funny feeling I've played with you a few times, although I'd have probably been using some unremarkable alias like Haz.
    Well, lately I've been playing on the <BAD> clan server (the classic ns one) as kaja. I've also just been using my laptop and not my desktop so I can't really use my mic since the onboard sound is garbage and makes my mic sound horrid. So you may have seen me there, just been getting back into ns lately with the latest developements of NS2, like i said I'm pumped :P

oh and HAI JOSHUA "SHOESTER" BRIDGES
  • r3aLiTyr3aLiTy Join Date: 2003-01-25 Member: 12743Members, Constellation
    hey good to see you again!
    still remember the times from xen when you were still around

hope to see you in game sometimes
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    remeber you? ha! You are an icon bro, a natural selection junkie. I'm sure i speak for most when i say "where the hell" have you been?
    @reality wowowow man, I remember spotting you as a solid player and picking you up on xen, that was a lot of fun leading that team. You should add me to steamfriends bud, just search for silverwolf77772000@yahoo.com my name will be kaja.

@SN.Wolf - I've been terrorizing L4D brother!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e3kVhES3ww&fmt=22#movie_player" target="_blank">Newegg 2009 Summer Wanfest L4D Tourney (Music for this isnt quite my taste but the girl who made it for us was trying to be cute and artsy)</a>
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siC5eAconfQ" target="_blank">CEVO 2010 L4D2 Tourney Highlights </a>
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1761944:date=Mar 31 2010, 05:35 PM:name=SilverWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SilverWolf @ Mar 31 2010, 05:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1761944"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Spambot bait>>>>>>>>>>> silverwolf77772000 thingyabove2 yahoo somedot com <<<<<<<<<<<SPambots attack!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Might wanna change it :P
  • GregzenegairGregzenegair Join Date: 2009-06-26 Member: 67944Members
    Hey guys, I am back too !
  • vEtEr4nvEtEr4n Join Date: 2005-01-08 Member: 33883Members
    I remember playing against [ReD] when I was in hS' ... wow old memories ... I also remember getting owned by them ... damn.
  • boobs!boobs! Old-School Competitor Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8504Members
    I <3 SilverWolf. How ya been brother?
  • ShockehShockeh If a packet drops on the web and nobody&#39;s near to see it... Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9336NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1761740:date=Mar 30 2010, 06:02 AM:name=shoester)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shoester @ Mar 30 2010, 06:02 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1761740"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Oh wow, is this an NS vet reunion?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I don't think we're wading in acidic cynicism quite yet.
    And I <3 boobs! I've been good man, add me to steam friends, my infos a few posts up
  • PowerMustachePowerMustache Join Date: 2010-03-07 Member: 70875Members
    yea a good bit of mine and kaja 's l4d friends are gonna get into ns2, including me ^_^
  • boobs!boobs! Old-School Competitor Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8504Members
    I'll add you one day, seems that Steam doesn't like trying to connect thru tin cans and string from out here in the desert lol.

xxboobsxx is my name though

-boobs!
  • Renegade.Renegade. Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12313Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1762090:date=Apr 1 2010, 09:42 AM:name=Shockwave)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shockwave @ Apr 1 2010, 09:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1762090"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't think we're wading in acidic cynicism quite yet.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes, but no shortage of self-e-peen stroking.