Gorge bile alt-fire

PhaetonPhaeton Join Date: 2008-05-03 Member: 64203Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Idea for the gorge belly slide</div>I was thinking of the gorge belly slide and I believe it seemed it would be included only if they were going downhill a ramp. However I thought a great alt-fire for the gorge's bile would be to have it spit a bile like goo on the floor that would enable it to slide over it. A group of gorges could fill a room with a temporary goo that allows them to slide around it for short distances but quickly.

And maybe as an added bonus if a marine moves too fast while on top of the goo they might slide and it can affect their aim! Just a thought. What do you guys think?

I would just like to see many gorges sliding all over the place and it sounds like a lot of fun :)

Comments

• ThaTha Join Date: 2009-06-05 Member: 67694Members
    it could be used defensivley quite well too, make a marine slide into a room accidently into a bunch of skulks (LOL!)
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    i like it, being able to pave your own slippery path would be awesome!

maybe the marine's boots would stick to it and they need to walk slow to maintain balance, or their armor could even get some slight damage. so that they can't follow the gorges easily.

can't wait to slide around as a gorge :D
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    I'm sure it can be figured out with plugins, i haven't delt with lua much but we are still modding ns1 plugins. Maybe something to bring up to the guys at allied moders.
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    So if a bunch of gorges are in a small room, the first thing they start doing is bileing on each other and slipping round. Well that's why marines have a flamethrower.
  • PhaetonPhaeton Join Date: 2008-05-03 Member: 64203Members
    Yeah I hadn't thought of it being used as a trap for a marine to slide into the room. That sounds awesome haha. It would definitely punish any leeroy jenkins trying to rush a room.

"I got this guys!" *slips and slides* "whoa whoa!!" *then gets mauled by half a dozen skulks* hehe

I really hope that the belly slide is for sure going to be included now and not just an april fools prank
  • darktimesdarktimes Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63247Members
    I approve of this idea.

also, if they don't implement it they will lose allot of the playerbase.
  • MuYeahMuYeah Join Date: 2006-12-26 Member: 59261Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1762957:date=Apr 6 2010, 05:39 PM:name=darktimes)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (darktimes @ Apr 6 2010, 05:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1762957"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I approve of this idea.

also, if they don't implement it they will lose allot of the playerbase.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Do a large proportion of players think "If i cant have a gorgey slipnslide then I REFUSE TO PLAY"?
  • Wyattx3Wyattx3 Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18386Members
    It would be interesting if the slime was the initial spreading of the DI...

For example, whatever ability gorge eventually gets to spread the DI, either Bile bomb or whatever, it could start out as a gooey slime, and before it hardens and grows, gorges can play slip and slide on it.

I just picture gorges sliding around the map spreading DI, while it is hilarious I don't know if I think it fits all that great.
  • Voyager IVoyager I Join Date: 2009-11-02 Member: 69222Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1762958:date=Apr 6 2010, 07:03 PM:name=MuYeah)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MuYeah @ Apr 6 2010, 07:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1762958"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Do a large proportion of players think "If i cant have a gorgey slipnslide then I REFUSE TO PLAY"?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I can think of a few people here who wouldn't surprise me, but I'm not sure anything they do counts as "think".
  • darktimesdarktimes Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63247Members
    no, but they already made the animation, and made the video. it would be a waste of time and resources to not implement it.
  • PhaetonPhaeton Join Date: 2008-05-03 Member: 64203Members
    I don't think it took them that long to animate that belly slide. It is just the gorge with its legs extended outwards. In diablo 3 it probably took them much longer and it was a an april fools joke.