When can I play?

chibimikechibimike Join Date: 2007-09-09 Member: 62232Members
I pre-ordered this game a long time ago. I order the special edition also that gave me early access to the beta's and the cool armor. It's been a long time. I just want to play this game already. Has testing already started? I just want to make sure I'm not missing out. If it hasn't when are we going to be able to start testin?

Comments

• linfosomalinfosoma Join Date: 2009-05-28 Member: 67523Members
    The engine testing/alpha hasn't started yet, we dont have a date either.
    I cant blame you for asking though, It's been 10 months since I've pre-ordered...
  • celewigncelewign Join Date: 2010-02-06 Member: 70458Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1757382:date=Mar 5 2010, 04:50 PM:name=chibimike)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chibimike @ Mar 5 2010, 04:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1757382"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I pre-ordered this game a long time ago. I order the special edition also that gave me early access to the beta's and the cool armor. It's been a long time. I just want to play this game already. Has testing already started? I just want to make sure I'm not missing out. If it hasn't when are we going to be able to start testin?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

UWE is taking their time. For some people this is a huge downside, but I'm willing to wait a year or so to play a game that isn't as shallow as Modern Warfare II (cough focusedwolf cough). Time well spent to listen to community and make a polished game.
  • daidalosdaidalos Join Date: 2004-05-23 Member: 28854Members, Constellation
    Come on guys. Surely you have much better things to do than just sit around all day and ask yourselves when the heck you'll finally be able to play the game.
  • SekerSeker Join Date: 2007-03-06 Member: 60259Members
    edited March 2010
    At the playground.

Edit: silly me I thought the title would say where can I play xP
  • SepharadSepharad Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33222Members, Constellation
    I think the "Engine test" is only for UWE, friends and family & associates.

ET is NOT the "Alpha" that grants the SE buys.
  • FortuneFortune Join Date: 2009-04-27 Member: 67290Members, Constellation
    The engine test is for all SE buyers, but apparently they're trying to fix a few bugs with it before releasing it to the first test crowd.
  • HozartisHozartis Join Date: 2009-09-01 Member: 68668Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1757397:date=Mar 5 2010, 05:20 PM:name=celewign)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (celewign @ Mar 5 2010, 05:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1757397"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->UWE is taking their time. For some people this is a huge downside, but I'm willing to wait a year or so to play a game that isn't as shallow as Modern Warfare II (cough focusedwolf cough). Time well spent to listen to community and make a polished game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

LOL!

<a href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/6559006/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2-sees-record-opening-sales.html" target="_blank">The evidence doesn't lie.</a>

UW would do wise to pay attention. Although they're probably only paying attention to the diehard fans on this forum.

Moderate gains FTW!
  • DrownDrown Underwater Join Date: 2002-12-02 Member: 10392Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1757382:date=Mar 5 2010, 05:50 PM:name=chibimike)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chibimike @ Mar 5 2010, 05:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1757382"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I pre-ordered this game a long time ago. I order the special edition also that gave me early access to the beta's and the cool armor. It's been a long time. I just want to play this game already. Has testing already started? I just want to make sure I'm not missing out. If it hasn't when are we going to be able to start testin?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I invested in a great product a long time ago too. I will wait another year or more for that to pay off. I trust these guys and you should too. While you wait, I suggest picking up Hard Rain, or Bioshock 2, both good cutting edge games... give you something to do ;)
  • BulletcatcherBulletcatcher Join Date: 2005-01-08 Member: 33823Members
    I'd rather them take their time and release a good beta rather than rushing it and releasing a ###### alpha... Either way it still benefits them.
    UWE...Please don't rush this game. I don't want my favorite game to become boring after a few weeks of game play...
  • OnozkiOnozki Join Date: 2005-04-20 Member: 48948Members, Reinforced - Supporter