NS2 Resource Tower Health.

JimydJimyd Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13289Members
edited February 2010 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Marines and Aliens.</div>First off, either make the RTs HP identical, or require the same X amount of seconds from an un-upgraded knife and Skulks Bite Weapon to take down. Self explanatory really.

Next is to make them far weaker(less HP) than they do in NS1. On the flipside, make them cheaper. Soo its easy to take down easy to replace. This makes the Powergrid concept actuallly utilized, and would allow to have those 15-25 game time you guys are shooting for.

Currently in NS1, about 1/3 of the total game time during 1 round of play is just biting resource toweres down, or knifing them if you are a Marine, in any decent game where the Players somewhat know what to do.

NS2 Suggestion people, seems like everyone forgets this is the I&S Forum for NS2 and not NS1.

I think a Resource Tower should take no longer than 20 seconds from an unupgraded knife or Skulk Bite from only 1 Player. The shorter time would be 15 seconds.

"Using NS1 Marine Resource Model:"

20 Seconds = 15 RES
15 Seconds = 10 RES (My personal vote.)

(That is about fair.)

And that is everything. =)

Comments

• Battle-BugBattle-Bug Join Date: 2010-02-11 Member: 70523Members
    I'm currently in disagreement. I believe that the bigger pain is building RTs and not destroying them. Destroying an RT is supposed to take a long time so that the enemy team can respond. If we made them easy to destroy, then we'd have to turret farm or OC farm the place.
  • JimydJimyd Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13289Members
    edited February 2010
    A pain to build them? Have you even played NS1(recently)?

1 Marine/Gorge they take I dunno, 10-15 seconds to build. It takes about 20-30 seconds to take 1 down. Longer for the Marine RT.

You usually have 2 Marines stick together, so the Resource Tower is built very fastly(lol words).

The Marine Commander will get Weld Bots in NS2, so the "tedious building problem" has been fixed. Gorge role still stays the same, and has an equivalent build time because they are taking a risk building an RT since they are the focus points of the map.

Yeah...

They have to be shorter(less HP) anyways, if the NS2 DEVs are shooting for a 15-25 minute round time for a map.
  • pSyk0mAnpSyk0mAn Nerdish by Nature Germany Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19166Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    I lol'd at so many things in your post, I'm not sure wether you are serious..

Aren't the ns2 marine res nodes supposed to be some kind of a backbone of marine (tech)rooms?!
    Your suggestions would completely screw over their concept.

Imho not very good ideas. Self explanatory really.
  • Renegade.Renegade. Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12313Members, Constellation
    To add to that and show you really haven't thought this out: a vanilla skulk can cover a map about three times as fast as a vanilla marine, so it's not as straight forward as "require the same X amount of seconds"
  • JimydJimyd Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13289Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1753480:date=Feb 16 2010, 09:53 AM:name=R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (R_e_n_e_g_a_d_e @ Feb 16 2010, 09:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1753480"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->To add to that and show you really haven't thought this out: a vanilla skulk can cover a map about three times as fast as a vanilla marine, so it's not as straight forward as "require the same X amount of seconds"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This depends on Marine Sprint in NS2, and if Skulk Leap has any substantial speed increase.

A Marine in NS1 can Circle Jump(used to be Bunny Hop) and can Wallstrafe their way across the map. They are pretty fast in NS1.

Unless Celerity makes a comeback in some way or form, Skulk Speed is only slightly faster than NS2 Marine Sprint Speed, from what I can tell from the footage.

Although side-stepping as a Skulk seems faster than running forward(Turok movement YAY!!!). =)
  • Renegade.Renegade. Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12313Members, Constellation
    Bunnyhopping, wiggle walking, or anything else you allude to in speed gain for a marine applies equally to a skulk. Three times faster vanilla is still three times faster with speed gains, possibly even more so. And I can guarantee you marine sprint isn't going to change that at all.