Friendly Fire Options.

JimydJimyd Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13289Members
edited February 2010 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Sparked from Flamethrower thread.</div>sv_friendlyfire 0 - Completely off.
sv_friendlyfire 1 - Armor damage only.
sv_friendlyfire 2 - Armor and Health damage.

Number 1 could be the default, if the Flamethrower is actually useful against Aliens instead of just Dynamic Infestation.

Also, admins are important for a server, and so is a <b><u>VOTEKICK</u></b> System. If you do not have those, then it does not matter what kind of Friendly Fire there is (even if it is completely off), because players will be able to freely grief anyways.

/10yesstarsplease (The more options the better.)

Comments

• Draco_2kDraco_2k Evil Genius Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69546Members
    Speaking of votekick, can we learn a lesson from Left 4 Dead and integrate it as easily, quickly, and obviously? It's one of those things that have no excuse to be excluded from any game after they've been introduced.
  • Voyager IVoyager I Join Date: 2009-11-02 Member: 69222Members
    I'm not really convinced it would be a good thing to make a powerful close-combat weapon that takes little to no aim to use effectively when the other side is melee-oriented aliens that require on evasion to survive.

Basically, it would be stupidly overpowered against Skulks and no fun to play against
  • BigTextBigText Join Date: 2007-12-21 Member: 63231Members
    No one has seen the flamethrower, how it works, how much damage it does, how much accuracy it requires, and so on. Your whining is completely useless.
  • JimydJimyd Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13289Members
    edited February 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1751697:date=Feb 7 2010, 10:09 AM:name=Voyager I)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Voyager I @ Feb 7 2010, 10:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1751697"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm not really convinced it would be a good thing to make a powerful close-combat weapon that takes little to no aim to use effectively when the other side is melee-oriented aliens that require on evasion to survive.

Basically, it would be stupidly overpowered against Skulks and no fun to play against<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Go look at the thread you know I am talking about, there is way to balance it as I have suggested, and so has another person at the bottom of the first page.

Flamethrower can easily be made into an area denial weapon without it being an instant death cone weapon.

*NOTE*

COMPROX, I SWEAR I WAS IN THE I&S FORUMS WHEN I CLICKED CREATE NEW THREAD, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. =|
  • JimydJimyd Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13289Members
    This needs to be moved to the other forum, when you get a chance.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Even if they don't include a votekick by default, I'm sure someone would quickly create an NS2 admin mod that had it.