Development Support?

ArturPortellaBRArturPortellaBR Join Date: 2010-01-24 Member: 70290Members
<div class="IPBDescription">I Want to help in the creation proccess!</div><i>Hello everybody! I'm from Brazil (Greetings ;D) and I've been playing Natural-Selection 1 since I was a child hahaha... 6 years ago, I remember that one friend told me about the game then I start playing NS... That's so MUCH fun, it mixes FPS with tactics and some underground environment... But in Brazil the servers doesn't exists anymore, and I miss completely the presence of NS here. But I've been waiting for a long to release the Natural-Selection 2 and I'm 22 years old now. That's the interesting point. I'm actually studying Engineering at the University here (USP Mackenzie) so acquiring some skills in programing and drawing. Years ago my friends and me was playing every night with the Hammer to build some fun maps to Counter-Strike 1.6. I LOVE programming and I want to help the UnknownWorlds to build some scenery and maps. But I'm here at start point, I don't have the pre-order of NS2 at my account and don't know how to help. That's all, I will be VERY VERY VERY happy if I can help even with a little detail in a pixel \o... Sorry for a bad english lol. But the english that we speak here in the classes is a mess (a)...</i>

<b>And congratulations for everything that was made for all of us fanatic gamers =)</b>

Comments

• Draco_2kDraco_2k Evil Genius Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69546Members
    UW have openly stated that they'll be watchful of content community produces for the game, as far as possibly buying it and adding it to the game. If you mean something like bursting into UW's office and doing their work for them... Well...
  • ArturPortellaBRArturPortellaBR Join Date: 2010-01-24 Member: 70290Members
    Ok, if I pre-order can I develop some maps for the game?
  • monopolowamonopolowa Join Date: 2004-05-23 Member: 28839Members
  • PipiPipi Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69550Members
    You certainly can, after pre-ordering you'll be able to download the Editor, Builder and Viewer applications in one setup file. Read more about those on the forums and you'll see how you can create assets for the game.
  • Draco_2kDraco_2k Evil Genius Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69546Members
    Yup. You can even start right now if you get SE, but there are no official guidelines or indeed much info at all on the game do something meaningful yet.
  • -Diesel--Diesel- Join Date: 2009-09-13 Member: 68769Members
    edited January 2010
    If you know how to rig in 3DSMAX they are hiring.

If you don't... Get all your friends to preorder, That is what I did.

I got 4 guys to get it already.

Golden line "Comon, it's only 20 bucks!"
  • ThaTha Join Date: 2009-06-05 Member: 67694Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1748969:date=Jan 25 2010, 05:35 AM:name=-Diesel-)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-Diesel- @ Jan 25 2010, 05:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1748969"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I got 4 guys to get it already.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

damn, i cant believe one of my friends wont preorder cos hes not interested in thriller games... you know ones that make you jump.. was about to punch him.

ontopic: preordering is the best way to support development.
    I Use 3dStudioMAX to render some sceneries that I made to my sister in her Architectural Office. So, I got a DWG draw in AutoCAD and a render in 3DSMAX That's it?
    I'm waiting till my international Credit Card arrives, and then Preorder will be imminent. \o

Thanks all guys for a fast response here!
  • -Diesel--Diesel- Join Date: 2009-09-13 Member: 68769Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1749076:date=Jan 25 2010, 06:51 AM:name=ArturPortellaBR)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArturPortellaBR @ Jan 25 2010, 06:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1749076"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I Use 3dStudioMAX to render some sceneries that I made to my sister in her Architectural Office. So, I got a DWG draw in AutoCAD and a render in 3DSMAX That's it?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They need riggers...

Like the lines that act as a skeleton for things ingame.
    =) That's great, I'll make some draws here to put it on scene!
  • SekerSeker Join Date: 2007-03-06 Member: 60259Members
    edited January 2010
    They need people who rig the models.
    For Physics and animation, didn't seem as he would have understood that xD
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    I don't think "rig" will translate right into Portuguese.

They need people who know how to use 3d studio max to add bones, joints, inverse kinematics, and things like that to the player models so that they can animate the player models.

And that probably won't translate very well into Portuguese either. Well at least he'll get to play around with Spark.