Drop-down list of installed mods in server list

Draco_2kDraco_2k Evil Genius Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69546Members
edited December 2009 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Lots of long words to explain the self-explainable title</div>Hopefully this is concise enough.

If not: maybe we can get a drop-down or some hover-text detailing all mods on the server prior to joining? Sort of like <a href="http://www.tfportal.de/gfx/screenshots/steam/serverTags.jpg" target="_blank">how TF2 does it</a>, except less messy and chosen by the mod content rather than or on top of the server (I.e. less untagged or wrongly tagged servers, as is currently the case with TF2). Every little script counts, especially if that little script gives either side instaspawn or unlimited ammo.

I doubt this hasn't been suggested before (or indeed isn't obvious), but I can't even begin to contemplate the search terms for this. Remove if needed, etc.

Comments

• DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
    Unless things have changed, they plan on having a "vanilla" and "modded" server tags at a minimum, so you can join normal servers with no mods, or servers that are modded clearly defined.

Would be cool if you knew before hand any unique extras about modded outside that though.
  • Draco_2kDraco_2k Evil Genius Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69546Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1743368:date=Dec 11 2009, 04:47 AM:name=Daworm)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Daworm @ Dec 11 2009, 04:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1743368"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Unless things have changed, they plan on having a "vanilla" and "modded" server tags at a minimum, so you can join normal servers with no mods, or servers that are modded clearly defined.

Would be cool if you knew before hand any unique extras about modded outside that though.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    As a TF2 player I have nothing but high praise for this feature. Still, everything can be made better.