Noob help 3.2

midgetonebetamidgetonebeta Join Date: 2009-09-01 Member: 68662Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Installation help needed.</div>Im trying to run NS so i can lan but no matter how many times i make a fresh install of the half life platinum i make it dont work it just crashes i even updated it to patch 1.1.1.0
and it still crashes im desprete i know i had it working way in the past i think it was 3.0 i was running im bout to back track and try that cause 3.2 aint working and yess i have steam yess i validated my keys yess i updated steam and now its downloading half life again ... even though i have it installed allready i moved the ns folder to my em half life root so wth am i doing wrong cause i think i shouldnt have 2 installs of Hl to run natural selection 3.2 when it loads it but then crashes or it stops responding ... any one can help plzz .. reply ..

Comments

• FaskaliaFaskalia Wechsellichtzeichenanlage Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31651Members, Constellation
    Install steam
    Install HL though steam
    Launch HL
    Play Hazard Course
    Install NS
    Play Ns
  • midgetonebetamidgetonebeta Join Date: 2009-09-01 Member: 68662Members
    edited September 2009
    awsomeness!!! THANKS IT WORKED oops sorry caps ...But i have another problem when i run @ full screen the mouse pointer disapears or i cant see it any one can point me out ....lol let me know thanks
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    I remember having a missing pointer problem when I was using the Direct3D mode. Sometimes Alt Tabbing out and back in would fix it but sometimes it would not.
    Switching to OpenGL fixed it for me.
  • SadAssassinSadAssassin Join Date: 2009-11-22 Member: 69463Members
    I also am having trouble installing NS. I have Half-Life:Source instead of just "Half-Life" and I have had it installed in both C:Program Files\steam\steamapps\<your steam login>\half-life Source\ns\ and C:Program Files\steam\steamapps\<your steam login>\half-life Source/hf1\ns\. It does not show up in "My Games"(yes, I have made sure to restart steam after each install) I made sure to run through the hazard course and I even tried "-mod ns" under the launch options for Half_life Source. I am running Vista but I have the 3.2 installer options set to run as administrator and under XP mode. Any help?

Regards
  • SekerSeker Join Date: 2007-03-06 Member: 60259Members
    You need the real Half life not half-life source