To all the angry people out there

kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
I would like you all to take a deep breath and let it out slowly.

I would like you to remember that these are people you are talking to.
and maybe the reason they don't see your point is because you are yelling or insulting or
turning every thread into a casual vs. hardcore thread.

Before you type your next retort think of someone you respect and if you were
discussing it with them. Would they listen if you were insulting swearing or yelling at them.
They would?
Then pick someone else you respect. :-)

The point is this the more you YELL the more other people YELL back.
If you really feel someone isn't listening then walk away. They might never listen.
And keep a little perspective. It's good to be passionate about things, but the discussions aren't
about whether we should be throwing babies into a fiery pit or NOT.
They are about a game.

There is no casual there is no hardcore there are only players.
(Please don't tell me I don't know, I used to clan)
Different players want different things.
Even in the same league or clan they still want different things.

The good thing about NS2 is that it has scripting.
<a href="http://www.lua.org/" target="_blank">http://www.lua.org/</a>
So if the game comes out and it uses randomness more than precision at some points
you or someone you know can change that.
Lots of games played professionally on the PC have key mods used depending on the league.

So NS2 is coming the team keeps making excellent progress
So relax, ease up a bit and have a little tea.

Wuv and Kisses
Auntie Kingmob

Comments

• thefishythefishy Join Date: 2009-11-19 Member: 69420Members
    I haven't seen anyone around get that angry. Just some debates on whats what.
  • Corporal_FortierCorporal_Fortier Join Date: 2005-03-22 Member: 46079Members, Constellation
    Nice post. Unfortunately, the internet being what it is, it will probably fall on deaf ears..
  • JimydJimyd Join Date: 2003-02-08 Member: 13289Members
    Some people just go TL;DR and then just bash whatever what was said.

Also, this is the internet, this is what is the sociable attitude.
  • ArcadianArcadian Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65617Members
    edited November 2009
    It's inexcusable really.
  • C4K3C4K3 Join Date: 2008-01-26 Member: 63502Banned, Constellation
  • yoskeletoneyoskeletone Join Date: 2009-11-13 Member: 69370Members
    And where come the alpha? :o
  • PathPath Join Date: 2003-06-28 Member: 17745Members
    LUA will fix EVERYTHING!

"But..."

EVERYTHING!
    edited November 2009
    NANITES!!!

THEY, ARE, POWER!!!
  • SirotSirot Join Date: 2006-12-03 Member: 58851Members
    I think I am pretty angry around these parts : \
  • monopolowamonopolowa Join Date: 2004-05-23 Member: 28839Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1738531:date=Nov 21 2009, 12:21 PM:name=Path)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Path @ Nov 21 2009, 12:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1738531"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->LUA will fix EVERYTHING!

"But..."

EVERYTHING!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo(post=1738549:date=Nov 21 2009, 03:56 PM:name=Jimyd)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jimyd @ Nov 21 2009, 03:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1738549"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->NANITES!!!

THEY, ARE, POWER!!!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

ok, if UWE ever decides to add a 3rd race (protoss/generic technologically advanced alien), they need to use LUA at the microscopic level

Also, babies shouldn't be thrown into fiery pits. Spike pits have a much lower upkeep.
    But Fire are DoT, and who doesn't like DoTs?

.....Jimainzyor.....

=)
  • Risky SalmonRisky Salmon Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67680Members
    Somebody HAS to make a mod where the command station can go mobile and turns into a mini mec with legs and gun turrets. Now that would kick a lot of ass. Be a pain to make though. You can do anything with LUA ;)
  • VonDoomVonDoom Knee deep in the latency Join Date: 2009-10-08 Member: 68989Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Bite the head off a bat, its great stress relief!
  • craecrae Join Date: 2005-01-30 Member: 39035Members
    >Somebody HAS to make a mod where the command station can go mobile and turns into a mini-mec with legs and gun turrets.

HAHAHA, I love that idea. It would certainly change the end game battle of the CC vs the entire alien team when the marines fail. Plus the idea of a mobile CC would open allot of options..

Back to the topic.. I think general TOLERANCE is the key to HAPPINESS. It always amuses me when players with 5+ years of NS complain at epic fail. NS is complicated and difficult, that's why we play it. There has always and will always be epic fail in NS. Accept it, tolerate it for what it is, and learn as much as you can from it. (Yes, I'm looking at you AlienCommander, COD, AssPirate, Crispix, Blue and hundreds more)

Unfortunately, players who complain & flame etc, do so because they mistakenly believe that complaining & flaming is the best thing to do in the situation. People in these states are lost - so lost they don't even know they're lost. There has always and will always be lost sheep. Tolerate them, accept them and learn from them.

Herding them is fun, but remember the key: softly-softly, then soften some more - they are often egotistical and therefore very fragile. But they can be shifted away from feeding on negative emotions (anger, hatred, frustration, impotence, etc) into better behavior patterns with an empathetic and understanding manner. Confronting complainers & flamers head-on with your own anger, hatred, frustration, impotence, etc always makes the situation MUCH WORSE. Empathize and understand them if you want to influence them.
  • TemphageTemphage Join Date: 2009-10-28 Member: 69158Members
    edited November 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1738829:date=Nov 23 2009, 04:08 AM:name=crae)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crae @ Nov 23 2009, 04:08 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1738829"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->But they can be shifted away from feeding on negative emotions (anger, hatred, frustration, impotence, etc)influence them.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm seriously torn on whether to make an erectile disfunction joke or a Jedi joke, and yet I can't seem to find an effective way to combine them that doesn't sound like Billy Mays.

It's <a href="http://instantrimshot.com" target="_blank">hard</a> being me :(

EDIT: ^